Retirement visa UK wife as dependant?

Hi,

My wife and I are currently living here studying on Ed visas. We are both British.

I ( God willing smile.png ) will be 50 in December and I plan to apply for my retirement visa early next year. My wife is only 47. Is there such a thing as a 'dependancy' visa. i.e. is there a visa that she could apply for to remain here as my dependant as she is not old enough to qualify for her own retirement visa?

Any advice much appreciated.

Edited by somchai jones

Once you have retirement extension of stay (believe that is what you mean) she can obtain non immigrant O visa and then extend for a matching period of time as your wife. Only your financials are required.

I suggest as soon as you turn 50 and you have the financial proof (montey only has to be in the bank no 60 days needed) for the extension of stay you both make a trip to a nearby embassy or consulate to get single entry non-o visas. Your for being 50 or over and your wife's as your dependent. Then during the last 30 days you the 90 day you both can apply for your extensions.

Immigration will want your marriage certificate legalized to apply for your wife"s extension. See this on the embassy website,https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

Legalising a signature or seal

Legalisation is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on an official public document is genuine. UK public documents such as birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates can be legalised by the UK government in the UK. This is also known as an apostille. More information on how to get your UK document legalised for use in Thailand can be found on Three Steps of Legalising a Signatures or Seal (PDF,142KB, 1 page) and Legalisation Infographic (PDF, 168KB, 1 page) .