Should I tell her I'm broke?

puukao

55555 Please, come in, stay seated, and laugh at my sadness I call my life.

My 6-pack abs, graduate degree, look to be in my 30's, white teeth and advanced beginner Thai language skills are NOT enough I fear.....since i am running out of money.

Of course I can go back home, work more, save more money and come back, but then I will be stressed while working!!! Lose the 6 pack, likely gain some grey hair, and energy levels lower.......but I think she would rather money over these other "benefits".

Yes, I am doomed.......

i do have a decent retirement fund that will be accessed within a decade...

but by then I fear i will only get foot massage girl with 5 boys and 135 relatives.

Question:

Do I just go home and say it's for business, or really tell her I'm broke and must go back?

Maybe when I trade in my bicycle for a backpack she will see the real me...

when she wants iphone and i give her string and can.....

when she wants house and i give her tent

when she wants money and i give her IOU's

come on, this is a "fun, entertainment....." thread.

let's not kid ourselves.....MONEY is everything here......MONEY!!!!!! uggggggg

there is always something to stress about, but money is up there..

especially when under 50.

even at 50, if you live another 35 years....you need about 750,000 USD to retire OK

"you" is relative, and factoring in inflation

not sure i will have 750,000 USD..

ok, back to my tent

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've never dated a woman, thai or otherwise, who wanted money from me so dont have similar experience however common sense tells me...

honesty and managing expectations are usually the best way to go in a relationship.

and at least you'll find out of she loves you or your money and therefore whether you're wasting your time with her.

The two worse relationships I had in Thailand were based on money. Tell her you are broke and need to go back home for awhile and if she goes it's a good thing, if she understands and says she will wait for you then she may really care. Parasites will only drain your blood and energy. Best to be rid of them.

Well judging by other threads there appear to be loads of guys on here who have not only found a Thai lady who loves them for who they are but who has also become their provider. Should be a piece of cake with your white teeth and 6 pack.

you farang no understand. i am not same same

i go thailand and my life better and i get money and then gods bless me and more money and then i am rich and live in jungle and never leave

then i find my passport and ask, "Hmmm, what are these funny dates?"

i drink moat water and go ba ba crazy and now stuck on TV...cannot get on another website!!!!!

do not worry my TV brothers, I just sold some GOOG stock for a cool 400 million baht

i've never dated a woman, thai or otherwise, who wanted money from me so dont have similar experience however common sense tells me...

honesty and managing expectations are usually the best way to go in a relationship.

and at least you'll find out of she loves you or your money and therefore whether you're wasting your time with her.

give this guy a nudge, u need to wake up matey all women over the would need and want security which you have to provide or you will lose them, security = money. I never paid cash weekly or monthly but they cost me a small fortune here and in the uk

give this guy a nudge, u need to wake up matey all women over the would need and want security which you have to provide or you will lose them, security = money. I never paid cash weekly or monthly but they cost me a small fortune here and in the uk

You're the one who needs to wake up. It's the 21st century. Women are allowed to earn their own money, and don't necessarily need a man to provide them with 'security'.

...the problem is....you...like so many of us....let it go on for too long....

...thinking 'We will make a positive change'.....etc...etc...and then we 'crash and burn'.....

...with nobody to reciprocate.....

...this illusory 'love' and 'kindness' is all hinged on.....how much we 'dish out'....

...I went through 2 million baht....the first 2 years....and got nothing to show for it....

...except disdain when the money stopped flowing so freely...

If you are truly close to broke then it's time to make some more money.

Yes, you should tell her. Did you hint that you were retired or independently wealthy? Younger people typically work.

If she has a problem with that maybe she isn't the best girl for you.

Good luck.

I fear you haven't addressed your biggest problem. While you were here womanizing, the World's economy went into the toilet.

You will now have a big blank timeframe on your resume' and most companies in most countries have been downsizing. In finding any job your credentials must stand out among hundreds of others. Best of luck for you.

Thailand is definitely not a place for a broke Farang... So that decision is a given... !

How much is enough.... ? Depends on too many moving factors... Principly expectation and location...

If it's love for you she'll stick with you wherever you are... If it's wallet and six pack...

Love isn't six pack, wallet, long legs, or tits ...

Thais understand the realities of no money ... Better than we do... The pleasures of the flesh soon pass and fade into the past... Then your left with the "person"... If they're fickle or shallow... You lose!

puukuo , where did you learn to whine like a little stich ? take your sorry ass back where you been , 6 pack abs ? good god , money is not your problem . you are stupid , lets face it . if you stay in a few years you will be stepping off the deck from the 28th floor ...... sheeeeze

I don't understand why the OP would want to conceal his financial status from his GF. Either she can support herself or she can't. Either way, not telling her is simply postponing the inevitable,

Normally I'd say just be yourself.

But in your case, I'm not so sure that's the best advice.

This is a "gut check," so please humor me a second, SB. Based on what I've perceived over time, I am going to venture that is a "deprecatory" jibe, and in no way meant to disparage the OP. If correct my response would be that, as was the original post, it was pretty f*****g funny. Hit or miss?

Normally I'd say just be yourself.

But in your case, I'm not so sure that's the best advice.

This is a "gut check," so please humor me a second, SB. Based on what I've perceived over time, I am going to venture that is a "deprecatory" jibe, and in no way meant to disparage the OP. If correct my response would be that, as was the original post, it was pretty f*****g funny. Hit or miss?

It was intended in the same spirit as the OP. It's funny how many people took it seriously.

I particularly liked the bit about "advanced beginner Thai language skills". Made me chuckle.

Archived