BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

puukao

Should I tell her I'm broke?

Money makes the world go round!

Ask which she prefers?

I'll bet a bank balance over your abs my friend.

It's looks way more sexy... Lol...

...the problem is....you...like so many of us....let it go on for too long....

...thinking 'We will make a positive change'.....etc...etc...and then we 'crash and burn'.....

...with nobody to reciprocate.....

...this illusory 'love' and 'kindness' is all hinged on.....how much we 'dish out'....

...I went through 2 million baht....the first 2 years....and got nothing to show for it....

...except disdain when the money stopped flowing so freely...

I can't actually believe that I read this far down. It must be this warm weather.

OP, money isn't everything.

However, you still need it to buy the things it isn't.................................wink.png

Or. as the man says....."I'd rather be miserable and rich, than be miserable and poor".

If you are truly close to broke then it's time to make some more money.

Yes, you should tell her. Did you hint that you were retired or independently wealthy? Younger people typically work.

If she has a problem with that maybe she isn't the best girl for you.

Good luck.

Tell her you're skint. If she stays with you she is a keeper if she doesn't she would have taken all your money anyway!

I fear you haven't addressed your biggest problem. While you were here womanizing, the World's economy went into the toilet.

You will now have a big blank timeframe on your resume' and most companies in most countries have been downsizing. In finding any job your credentials must stand out among hundreds of others. Best of luck for you.

Do I just go home and say it's for business, or really tell her I'm broke and must go back?

Either way you are gonsky, in the land of smiles, no money - no honey,,,

i should start a T-shirt printing business

Thailand is definitely not a place for a broke Farang... So that decision is a given... !

How much is enough.... ? Depends on too many moving factors... Principly expectation and location...

If it's love for you she'll stick with you wherever you are... If it's wallet and six pack...

Love isn't six pack, wallet, long legs, or tits ...

Thais understand the realities of no money ... Better than we do... The pleasures of the flesh soon pass and fade into the past... Then your left with the "person"... If they're fickle or shallow... You lose!

puukuo , where did you learn to whine like a little stich ? take your sorry ass back where you been , 6 pack abs ? good god , money is not your problem . you are stupid , lets face it . if you stay in a few years you will be stepping off the deck from the 28th floor ...... sheeeeze

I don't understand why the OP would want to conceal his financial status from his GF. Either she can support herself or she can't. Either way, not telling her is simply postponing the inevitable,

Normally I'd say just be yourself.

But in your case, I'm not so sure that's the best advice.

This is a "gut check," so please humor me a second, SB. Based on what I've perceived over time, I am going to venture that is a "deprecatory" jibe, and in no way meant to disparage the OP. If correct my response would be that, as was the original post, it was pretty f*****g funny. Hit or miss?

1, I doubt you will live to 85, in thailand anyway

2, $US 750,000, not worrying about inflation or exchange rates, thats 750,000 baht a year youve planned for each year for 35 years

Seriously think youd need that much if you were 80?

Normally I'd say just be yourself.

But in your case, I'm not so sure that's the best advice.

This is a "gut check," so please humor me a second, SB. Based on what I've perceived over time, I am going to venture that is a "deprecatory" jibe, and in no way meant to disparage the OP. If correct my response would be that, as was the original post, it was pretty f*****g funny. Hit or miss?

It was intended in the same spirit as the OP. It's funny how many people took it seriously.

I particularly liked the bit about "advanced beginner Thai language skills". Made me chuckle.