Foreign tourist viciously beaten by drunken Thai men

webfact

Foreign Tourist Viciously Beaten by Drunken Thai Men

k5.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- At 1:00 AM on Wednesday 20th April a 1 minute clip of a foreign tourist beaten by drunken Thai men surfaced on Social Media.

The clip filmed in front of a convenience store on Soi Kao Talo showed a Western man being viciously beaten up by two drunken Thai men.

The first man wearing red football shorts and another wearing matching blue shorts marched up and started scolding the Western man before brutally kicking him in the stomach.

They continued physically abusing the man until he fell to the ground, continuing their assault until the shopkeeper came outside and stopped them. After that the two Thai men casually walked off.

A bystander mentioned that the foreigner had been the instigator of the brawl however We love Pattaya Facebook Page have posted another clip.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/223138/foreign-tourist-viciously-beaten-drunken-thai-men/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-04-21

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I lived many years in Pattaya.

Never, never have I seen Thais men beat a stranger for no reason.

I believe that this information is incomplete.

So the comments that follow will be pure fanciful speculations as usual.

Many Thai men are just itching to do this, and the women stand and laugh. It seems to be fairly nationwide, though in Pattaya which attracts all the dross from around the world, and the lowest levels of Thai society, it's probably going to kick off more often.

Exactly what 'reason' justifies being kicked in the head repeatedly by 3 Thai men?

happy Joe, on 21 Apr 2016 - 05:28, said:

Deserved to be viscously beaten? what is it? the law of the jungle? or Pattaya has it's own laws

where people can be pummeled to the ground just because they said something that

someone didn't like?

I have had two of my friends beaten one to a pulp by Thai men on both occasion robbing them for cash.

But then again you could be right they did have a reason they wanted money for drugs or who knows.

Fanciful speculation My Butt.

Thais won't bash a man without reason; he must have looked at them or somethin'.

Perhaps he was petting the dog and they didn't like the way he did it?

Irregard, is there any legal recourse for this type of action in Thailand, or is it consider legally acceptable?

Why was someone standing inside the building with a hand-held camera/phone filming this farang patting a dog? Something else must have happened to cause them to start filming.

It's not, it is the security footage from the Tesco store being watched on a monitor later, and somebody filming the monitor screen.

Why was someone standing inside the building with a hand-held camera/phone filming this farang patting a dog? Something else must have happened to cause them to start filming.

You've never heard of a surveillance camera? What you see is the police looking at the video footage, not someone inside the store holding a camera.

As to those who say no one ever gets attacked without provoking, I'd beg to differ as documentary after documentary from all around the world show that some people randomly target others for violence, just for kicks.

Sorry group thug apologists, I don't buy any reason why these guys needed to keep wailing on the victim after the employee broke things up.

You don't get beaten up for nothing.

No... in my home country we got random violence.. im sure its here too. Sometimes there are just idiots around. Thai.. foreign whatever. Besides alcohol is the drug that makes people violent.. there is no other drug that causes so much violence.

These guys were drunk and the alcohol fueled their violence, plenty of people who turn from nice to monster after some alcohol. Just look at all the bar fights.

My Dutch friend once came to Thailand. After walking back to his hotel some Thais were kicking a dog. He told these people to back off and leave the dog alone. He was beaten in a similar attack and landed for the rest of his Thailand holiday in the hospital and in bed to recover.

There must be more to this. The guy just sits there and takes it, nearly looking as if hes taking whats coming to him.

If it was a random attack would you not offer some resistance?

If it was unprevoked, you would think he would at least be up and running, or going for the throat of one of them

Just like your comment? You are speculating also based on only your point of view.

Struggling to see how he is provoking anything sat on the ground seemingly silent. These scumbag boys who beat people in packs deserve LONG sentences and very heavy fines. Pure cowardice like this is standard ops here, i've NEVER seen a Thai fight another 1 on 1 (at least outside a boxing ring).

Pathetic

Struggling to see how he is provoking anything sat on the ground seemingly silent. These scumbag boys who beat people in packs deserve LONG sentences and very heavy fines. Pure cowardice like this is standard ops here, i've NEVER seen a Thai fight another 1 on 1 (at least outside a boxing ring).

Pathetic

If you watch the video he walks out of sight round the corner and then quickly comes back into view with the 3 in pursuit, no idea what happened round the corner, he was not just attacked sitting on the ground, watch the video.

Astounding! I have been attacked by two Thai's (they never attack alone - even a Thai friend admits that). Unfortunately for them I was able to beat them and they lived to regret it. It's worthwhile knowing something of the marital arts in Thailand.

Many Thai men are just itching to do this, and the women stand and laugh. It seems to be fairly nationwide, though in Pattaya which attracts all the dross from around the world, and the lowest levels of Thai society, it's probably going to kick off more often.

I don't know where you hang out, but I don't share your opinion that many Thai men are itching to do this. I've walked late at night in the worst neighborhoods in Bangkok, the slums and never felt threatened by the guys talking amongst themselves drinking whiskey. They don't even look hard at me. Many have invited me to sit for a drink as they try to speak English.

I have lived in Pattaya for 20 years and while in a bar on central between second road and beach rd one evening I saw drunken farang staggering by and not only was he beaten to the ground by some Thai's but the guitar player who I know very well ran around to the front of the bar and kicked him down again, I actually could not believe what I was seeing. So that's my comment.

Archived