Foreign tourist viciously beaten by drunken Thai men

webfact

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai people are violent. Not just men. You can accept it and take care, Leave, Or not come in the first place. From early childhood they are so repressed they develop little notion of self-control. Just a different way to be.

First of all this Farang is pissed drunk tha'ts why he doesn't fight back, and yes I to believe he started the quarrel,

it does not make this right by no means, no one deserves to be beaten over some words, too bad there is no sound

but it would not surprise me that he said something else before they jump him again.

Would like to hear both sides of this story though.

That is one of the reasons I never get drunk.

And how to they know he is a tourist anyway?

From what i see of tourists they dont normally hang around quiet 7-11s alone patting dogs.

Just my prediction, but i am guessing this guy is tourist of the long stay variety.

Many times we read this sort of attack comes about over women, mainly when the victim has had some sort of history with Thai women known by the attackers.

Just my prediction but im sure more will come out.

These cowards are the dregs of Thai society. I have a number of Thai friends, and they are all appalled by incidents like this, and I never could imagine any one or more of them ever doing something like this. The comment by one of the posters above is absolutely correct. It is never one on one, but multiples on one. The true sign of cowards and almost every single one of them is a failure in life..

My Dutch friend once came to Thailand. After walking back to his hotel some Thais were kicking a dog. He told these people to back off and leave the dog alone. He was beaten in a similar attack and landed for the rest of his Thailand holiday in the hospital and in bed to recover.

What a memorable holiday experience. Amazing Thailand.

I lived many years in Pattaya.
Never, never have I seen Thais men beat a stranger for no reason.
I believe that this information is incomplete.
So the comments that follow will be pure fanciful speculations as usual.
Astounding! I have been attacked by two Thai's (they never attack alone - even a Thai friend admits that). Unfortunately for them I was able to beat them and they lived to regret it. It's worthwhile knowing something of the marital arts in Thailand.

Try living a few more.

There must be more to this. The guy just sits there and takes it, nearly looking as if hes taking whats coming to him.

If it was a random attack would you not offer some resistance?

If it was unprevoked, you would think he would at least be up and running, or going for the throat of one of them

From the report, the attack started with a vicious kick in the stomach. This can wind you so much that you are gasping for air and unable to do anything. Followed up with more kicks, especially if you are down, it can make retaliation impossible

Thai people are violent. Not just men. You can accept it and take care, Leave, Or not come in the first place. From early childhood they are so repressed they develop little notion of self-control. Just a different way to be.

Most Thai boy children that I know of are doted on by their Mothers. They are allowed to get away with much more than the girls and the Mothers always seem to give in to them. They grow up with deep rooted narcissistic tendencies and make poor adults.

Other Thai Mothers are not so doting and beat their children with sticks and coathangers. Those children grow up believing that extreme violence is normal and acceptable.

You don't get beaten up for nothing.

I hope you can take this opinion with In to the grave one day. Really, I hope you will never get the chance to learn something different.

I say that because I'm a victim of this thimg that never happens. All I did (wrong) we as holding my iPad under the arm. Then a group of 6 Thais on motorbikes showed up and beaten me nearly to death. I had to make 45 stitches to the head and had 2 broken fingers.

I have to be a really bad guy to hold my iPad. Don't I? I probably really deserve this kind of treatment for that scandalous behaviour.

BTW, it wasn't Pattaya or Phuket or Nana. It was the quiet Suk Soi 50.

what a stupid statement! You are saying there has never been an unprovoked attack in Pattaya? All sweetness and fun in the Pattaya heaven.

Obviously the foreigner man was drunk, but without audio, who can say what really led to this? Odd the camera was set up and adjusted before and during the incident by some little fingers.

No, that is fingers on the camera taking a video of the surveillance video on the screen.

What is his side of the story?

And what is on the video before they started kicking him?

Did it not record?

A fixed surveillance camera cannot see round corners, no one knows what happened when he went out of sight, maybe he caught the three spanking each others monkeys and they beat him out of embarrassment....who knows?

The population of the world is becoming more violent, uncaring, thoughtless and I believe the causes are from misdirected anger, financial problems, dysfunctional relationships, jealousy and the over consumption of alcohol, and drugs. In many countries, discrimination is also a factor. Not so much here in my opinion.

In view of the foregoing, I've always recommended taking self defense lessons and carry a legal weapon that can be used to strike in seconds to cause intense, non lethal pain, enabling the victim to retreat immediately. A metal pen is one example or keys on a short wooden or aluminum rod.

When an aggressor approaches, standup if sitting, raise both arms, raise your voice to a attract witnesses, and be prepared to block a right or left punch. Back away and if a security camera is nearby try to get the attack on film. Running away while zig zagging to avoid any potential gun fire is generally the best option especially for women. Always be aware of people behind you. Learn how to break a choke hold.

Normalcy bias is common with tourists, that travel to foreign countries and walk around alone at night without asking questions,

Normally you don't. Under normal circumstances. But this is Thailand and I seen farang got beaten for less than nothing. I was stopped by some bargirls for trying to help this poor farang. Most of these Thai man hate us farang.

maybe "not for nothing" but "just for fun" certainly. Not only in Thailand, though..... even in my home country young drunksters absolutely like a "just for fun" beating of random people

Wrong

Thai people are BECOMING violent.

Childhood is now an incoherent mix of scolding and all is permitted situations, which makes them lost confused and short fused.

Children are bags left in cars while we go at funerals, buried alive when unwanted, or spoiled little brats dressed up as poodles or dolls and which issues are never addressed as persons but as fashion accessories.

Before values, sense of self and the others, the community, sharing, giving were part of education.

Now it's total oblivion and chaos, they can go and ride motorcycles without helmet, who cares / mai pen rai/ if they have an accident they will learn.

I think it should say drunk foreign tourist viciously beaten by Thai men. He didn't get up because he couldn't. Nothing I see tells me the Thai guys were drunk, but you can't always see it. Petting and trying to comfort the dog like that looks a little overdramatized. I wouldn't be surprised the Thai guys did something to the dog, he said something he shouldn't have and away it went. I don't like the way dogs get treated here, but I wouldn't openly berate someone for it either.

The Thai guys are oh so wrong too. You never kick a man around the head unless it's to defend yourself. It doesn't look like he ever posed any threat to them. This isn't unique to Thailand. The locals in New Orleans would do the same.

You are a sad man... If you think that anything can justify such a vicious attack, you are dangerous too. Shame on you.

maybe "not for nothing" but "just for fun" certainly. Not only in Thailand, though..... even in my home country young drunksters absolutely like a "just for fun" beating of random people

If you follow the news in many countries.... it seems that violence among teens and into the twenties... is also getting worse in Europe and the U.S. and Canada etc. etc....

There are vicious beatings every day in Toronto and Vancouver, Canada every day also... and in cities in Europe and the U.S. Not sure about Australia.... I don't follow the news there...

Perhaps I'm wrong......and it only seems that way........ I hope I'm wrong..... but I think it is not just in Thailand..

Archived