Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this time of the year the weather in the mountains can be unpredictable and very much a day to day thing. The wet season seems to be almost over near Chiang Rai though.

Just being told , paddy is being havested in the surrounding villages . Hope the wet weather is over . Thanks .

At this time of the year the weather in the mountains can be unpredictable and very much a day to day thing. The wet season seems to be almost over near Chiang Rai though.

Just being told , paddy is being havested in the surrounding villages . Hope the wet weather is over . Thanks .

They've been harvesting around here for about a week now. A lot of it won't be ready for another month yet though.

They seemed to hold off planting on a lot of the bigger farms this year. Watching the rice futures maybe? :o

Between 1951 and 2007 the number of cool days - classified as below 16 degrees Celsius - has decreased particularly in Chiang Rai and Nakhon Sawan provinces. Information from a monitoring station in Chiang Rai province found that the number of cool days had decreased from 90 days in 1951 to 70 days in 2007.

Thank you so much for this post, :D after spending 30 minutes trawling through this so called "weather thread", I finally have information regarding winter temperatures in Chiang Rai! That was all I wanted.

Honestly I was going to give up in frustration, 2 members were particularly annoying, taking apparent delight in post after post of their absolutely worthless haze status reports. no need to mention names. :o:D

They've been harvesting around here for about a week now. A lot of it won't be ready for another month yet though.

They seemed to hold off planting on a lot of the bigger farms this year. Watching the rice futures maybe? :o

So the price for paddy will surely go up . :D

Between 1951 and 2007 the number of cool days - classified as below 16 degrees Celsius - has decreased particularly in Chiang Rai and Nakhon Sawan provinces. Information from a monitoring station in Chiang Rai province found that the number of cool days had decreased from 90 days in 1951 to 70 days in 2007.

Thank you so much for this post, :D after spending 30 minutes trawling through this so called "weather thread", I finally have information regarding winter temperatures in Chiang Rai! That was all I wanted.

Honestly I was going to give up in frustration, 2 members were particularly annoying, taking apparent delight in post after post of their absolutely worthless haze status reports. no need to mention names. :o:D

Grover fyi this is a connecting link to the CR Weather Forecast from the Met Bureau.

I am hoping that someone on the forum will do a daily cut and paste of the weather in the region. Any volunteers?

CB

Grover fyi this is a connecting link to the CR Weather Forecast from the Met Bureau.

I am hoping that someone on the forum will do a daily cut and paste of the weather in the region. Any volunteers?

CB

excellent, thanks CB

something I found useful from that link: Average temp, min & max plus rainfall over 12 month period in Chiang Rai

post-33919-1193477060_thumb.png

/edit/ phew, nothing regarding haze in that graph !

CB

excellent, thanks CB

something I found useful from that link: Average temp, min & max plus rainfall over 12 month period in Chiang Rai

post-33919-1193477060_thumb.png

/edit/ phew, nothing regarding haze in that graph !

It's a cost saving exercise by the Met Bureau. In the summer the will simply reuse the same graph. The pyramid shape will represent Doi Inthanon and the two levels will show the high and low of the haze - that way we can say "ah today's reading is for only 60% of the mountain shrouded in haze"

:o

CB

It's a cost saving exercise by the Met Bureau. In the summer the will simply reuse the same graph. The pyramid shape will represent Doi Inthanon and the two levels will show the high and low of the haze - that way we can say "ah today's reading is for only 60% of the mountain shrouded in haze"

:D

CB

argghhhh ! :o

I washed the truck recently so I'm sure that also contributed. Then there is the fact that locally everyone has been drying those little strips used to wrap the rice bundles when they harvest.

The rain didn't seem to stop people trying to burn stuff, though. It just made it that much more smoky. The piles smolder forever when wet.

Wait till January and then the real burning starts.

Nearly need to light a fire this afternoon, it's so cold.

http://weather.cnn.com/weather/forecast.js...de=522823462547

Current Conditions updated 6:27 AM ET 27°

22° | 10°

Mostly Cloudy

Sunrise: 6:24 AM

Sunset: 5:45 PM

Barometer: 29.77" Hg Feels like: 31°

Humidity: 73%

Wind: SW 3 mph

Tonight

Lo 10°

Rain

Sunset: 5:45 PM

Tomorrow Saturday, November 3

22° | 12°

Rain

Seven o'clock this morning it was very cold.

Had to get the vest and socks on pronto after showering and when I went outside I had to go back in and get a jacket.

At 8.30 the temperature gauge thingy in Rajabhat university was reading 19, don't know how accurate it is though.

Any temperature readings this morning?

Still cold and rainy.

A large portion of the rice plants in our valley have collapsed recently under the weight of the rain and wind.

Before there were just of few of those "crop-circle" looking falls in dispersed areas. Much of it was ready for harvest but now everything is on hold until things dry out.

In Muang district, the temperature dropped to 17.8 degrees Celsius.

Thoeng district was blanketed in fog and rain, and temperatures dropped to 13 degrees.

The temperature on the top of the Phu Chi Fah mountain, a famous tourist attraction in the province, dropped further to 11 degrees Celsius, with chilly winds blowing in from Laos against the cliffs.

Operators of hotels and resorts atop the mountain are making preparations for tourist arrivals in the upcoming cold season.

In Mae Fa Luang district, a sea of fog shrouded Doi Tung Royal Villa where the late Princess Mother used to reside. The temperature there was measured at 10.5 degrees Celsius.

On the Thai-Burmese border, after days of heavy rain, cold winds blew past the top of Hua Mae Kham mountain in tambon Mae Salong Nai in Mae Fa Luang district, causing the temperature there to fall to a chilly eight degrees Celsius.

The mountain was covered in mist where vast fields of Mexican sunflowers have come into full bloom.

At the top of Doi Mae Salong mountain in tambon Mae Salong Nok, the temperature dropped to 12 degrees Celsius, with heavy fog reducing visibility to only five metres.

Chamroen Cheewinchalermchote, the operator of a hotel on the mountain, said the cold weather had come early this year, with chilly winds blowing all day long. As dusk falls, the view of Doi Mae Salong is invisible due to heavy fog, he said, adding that local and foreign tourists have already begun to make bookings for rooms.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/04Nov2007_news06.php

Still cold and rainy.

A large portion of the rice plants in our valley have collapsed recently under the weight of the rain and wind.

Before there were just of few of those "crop-circle" looking falls in dispersed areas. Much of it was ready for harvest but now everything is on hold until things dry out.

post-38081-1194233969_thumb.jpg

Still cold and rainy.

From the looks of things the aliens have visited you as well.

Archived