Frenchman sends girlfriend picture before he falls from Silom condo

webfact

Frenchman sends girlfriend picture before he falls from Silom condo

fm.jpg
Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A young French man sent his Thai girlfriend a picture as he clambered out of his 26th floor apartment in Silom. Then he fell to his death on the ground below.

Yanawa police found the lifeless body of John Emmanuel, 31, in a pool of blood outside the 40 storey apartment complex on Wednesday, Daily News reports. He was a fashion accessory designer who worked in the Silom area.

He was wearing a short sleeved blue t-shirt and jeans. He had one black trainer on his left foot, the other one was found nearby.

Police went to his apartment and found no signs of a struggle or theft; everything was in place.

They contacted his girlfiend, a Thai who was not named. She said that her boyfriend lived alone. They had argued over the phone. Then he had sent her a picture with his legs dangling out of the window. Unable to contact him again she rushed to the condo but he was already dead.

Police continue to question the girlfriend as they await the results of an autopsy.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-21

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many has laid their lives to waste due to broken heart and relationship problems, somehow, for the gone,

it made sense to end it all and not to continue to suffer, they will, someday, cure most of the world's ailments,

but never cure or mend a broken heart......

She knew he was going to jump?

He told her he was going to jump ?

She rushed over from where ?

she had time to call police/ management ?

open questions

R.I P.

Not sure she has any need to answer any questions. It's not her fault he jumped.

A quarrel with his Thai girlfriend ended in a tragedy when a young Frenchman jumped to his death from the 26th floor of his Bangkok condominium Wednesday evening.

Police investigators arrived together with paramedics and volunteers from Poh Tek Tung Foundation on the scene in Soi Sathon 12, Silom, Bangrak in Bangkok. Yannawa Police Station had received the report of a dead foreign male at The Address Sathorn on 21:30 and dispatched investigators and police officers to the location.

Next to the building, officers discovered the lifeless body of Vincent Jean Emmanuel, 31, from France, lying face-up on the walkway. He was wearing a blue t-shirt, jeans and a pair of sports shoes. Paramedics said the fall had caused numerous fractures, including his skull, arms, and legs.

In room no. 371 on the 26th floor of the condominium where Mr Emmanuel had lived, police did not find any signs of a struggle or violence.

His Thai girlfriend told investigators Mr Emmanuel had lived in the apartment alone. Before the incident, the two were quarreling on the phone. After he hung up, he sent her a photo of him sitting on the edge of the building with his legs dangling in the air.

His girlfriend tried to call him, but he did not answer his phone. When she made her way to his condominium, she found the body of Mr Emmanuel who had already passed away.

The body was transported to King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital for further examination.

http://www.farang-deaths.com/

Another case my 'posthumous suicide tax' idea might have prevented. If you know your next of kin will be penalised, it should at least make you stop and think.

I heard they do this in Japan. Something like $100,000 for people jumping in front of trains.

a terminally ill person tired of pain, i can understand their desire for a assisted controlled departure from life.

suicide, for first responders is never forgotten.

family left behind, always asking the 'why' question, always wondering.

I hate wasted life.

RIP

Another case my 'posthumous suicide tax' idea might have prevented. If you know your next of kin will be penalised, it should at least make you stop and think.

I heard they do this in Japan. Something like $100,000 for people jumping in front of trains.

Suicide is selfish, 31? If he'd stuck around he'd have very likely gone off the gf after a week or two. As to the Japanese and their penalty, good for them! I knew a train driver in the UK who, after his second 'jumper', had a severe nervous breakdown and had to be treated for PTSD. He was never the same again.

People should give pause and think about how their actions impact others but most don't, too bloody selfish.

Sure. Penalize other family members because one has severe mental illness. Way to go. You think the families suffer enough in dealing with a mentally ill parent, spouse or adult child, then pay the government for a act not in control of said family. Speaking from personal familial experience.

Suicide is selfish, 31? If he'd stuck around he'd have very likely gone off the gf after a week or two. As to the Japanese and their penalty, good for them! I knew a train driver in the UK who, after his second 'jumper', had a severe nervous breakdown and had to be treated for PTSD. He was never the same again.

People should give pause and think about how their actions impact others but most don't, too bloody selfish.

I can see the reason to send a bill in some cases. When somebody jumps in front of a train the disruption to service would but probably around that. If they didn't cost anybody money I am not so sure that it is such a great idea. I have conflicting views on this one I guess. When I rode the trains in Japan it was not uncommon to see the words human incident or some such wording which was a nice way to say jumper.

Sure. Penalize other family members because one has severe mental illness. Way to go. You think the families suffer enough in dealing with a mentally ill parent, spouse or adult child, then pay the government for a act not in control of said family. Speaking from personal familial experience.

No penalty for those who have been diagnosed mentally ill. This is intended to cut down suicides by those who are just a bit depressed. As I've said before, depression isn't mental illness.

Besides, nobody would be fined as such. The tax would be paid out of the deceased's estate - it just means that those who inherit get less.

And as someone has pointed out, suicides can have a public cost - all that cleaning up, inquests etc. A tax seems entirely reasonable to me.

No man is worth killing yourself for either.

May as well complete the hat-trick here. No ladyboy is worth killing yourself for either (so i have been told).

Yeah, 31 is way too young to check out, poor guy.

RIP French Lad.

No penalty for those who have been diagnosed mentally ill. This is intended to cut down suicides by those who are just a bit depressed. As I've said before, depression isn't mental illness.

Besides, nobody would be fined as such. The tax would be paid out of the deceased's estate - it just means that those who inherit get less.

And as someone has pointed out, suicides can have a public cost - all that cleaning up, inquests etc. A tax seems entirely reasonable to me.

You, sir, seem waaay too reasonable LOL

Many has laid their lives to waste due to broken heart and relationship problems, somehow, for the gone,

it made sense to end it all and not to continue to suffer, they will, someday, cure most of the world's ailments,

but never cure or mend a broken heart......

I have no idea whet will be achieved in the future but to take this course of action, a person's brain must be very heavily burdened indeed....may he R.I.P.

Archived