Frenchman sends girlfriend picture before he falls from Silom condo

webfact

Another case my 'posthumous suicide tax' idea might have prevented. If you know your next of kin will be penalised, it should at least make you stop and think.

It might stop an Easterner, brought up in a "family comes first" environment

If it would work for Westerners, brought up in the "I come first" environment, remains to be seen.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31- way too young- things go up and down in life- there is always a way out and always look to the future.

It's sad there always seems to be a girlfriend or perhaps boyfriend.

It's down to emotional intelligence - nothing can be so bad- to end your life.

RIP young man .

For the cynics among us perhaps he sent her a picture of dangling feet as a ploy to get her back and had no intention of actually jumping. Some twisted drama queens might think it's an effective tactic in a relationship. But something went wrong, and accidental slip perhaps, the rest is history (or high story in this case). Who can understand a troubled mind of an artist. But sad nonetheless.

Another case my 'posthumous suicide tax' idea might have prevented. If you know your next of kin will be penalised, it should at least make you stop and think.

And even better, if they used the collected tax money to open suicide clinics in every hospital, where people could book appointment to end their worthless lives.

She knew he was going to jump?

He told her he was going to jump ?

She rushed over from where ?

she had time to call police/ management ?

open questions

R.I P.

No use to call the cops, they only come when something actually has happened. Condo management would had shown up an hour or two later.

Would not be surprised if he dated a time sharer, one of so many. Anyway, RIP.

A sad end indeed the Thai paradise was maby not such a good idea after all but it's well over now no going back feel sorry for his family who had probably no idea he was having gf problems might have been better calling a sister brother before taking the final plunge they might have talked some sense into him

open questions

R.I P.

Yes, logical questions. However, if my lover, with whom I was arguing, sent me a picture of what they were going to do; I would think they very much wanted to talk to me in person.

A sad end indeed the Thai paradise was maby not such a good idea after all but it's well over now no going back feel sorry for his family who had probably no idea he was having gf problems might have been better calling a sister brother before taking the final plunge they might have talked some sense into him

thai women, hate brigade hop on the bus, it is gaining speed, roll up roll up.

a young man ended his life, that is what matters.

tomorrow, in sydney, paris, new york, oslo, a man or woman will end their life over personal matters.

dime a dozen thai woman comments start, there is some damaged goods posters on this forum.

roll your dice, some win some lose, no matter who what or where.

RIP to tourtured souls who tomorrow shall take their lives.

I heard they do this in Japan. Something like $100,000 for people jumping in front of trains.

Sure. Penalize other family members because one has severe mental illness. Way to go. You think the families suffer enough in dealing with a mentally ill parent, spouse or adult child, then pay the government for a act not in control of said family. Speaking from personal familial experience.

No penalty for those who have been diagnosed mentally ill. This is intended to cut down suicides by those who are just a bit depressed. As I've said before, depression isn't mental illness.

Besides, nobody would be fined as such. The tax would be paid out of the deceased's estate - it just means that those who inherit get less.

And as someone has pointed out, suicides can have a public cost - all that cleaning up, inquests etc. A tax seems entirely reasonable to me.

A bout of feeling depressed isn’t mental illness, but clinical depression certainly is without question a mental illness. That is an irrefutable fact; I know.

No man is worth killing yourself for either.

Very true... Very true

But then, with women not being as emotional as men are want, you rarely ever hear about them ending themselves over a relationship.

Passing strange, that.

Everyday I drive my motorbike up and down the main road I tremble in fear for my life. Nearly everyday somewhere on my journey I'm in a close call incident due to other peoples reckless driving. It's very easy to die, once a week someone does on the road I travel on. To take ones own life, now that takes gutts, I'm to much of a coward to do that. Those who think it's easy to jump out of a high rise building should go in one and open the window and look down. I remember back home trying to absail down the side of a building for charity once. I got up on the roof and just froze in fright, I had to crawl back to the stairwell. It takes a lot of gutts to end your own life, but for someone to kill you, especially on the roads here, it takes one split second of lapse in concentration and bang your dead. The French guy had gutts but forgot about his family back in France who have to carry on with this tragic death of such a young man. Still he did it his way, he chose his way out, he didn't take anyone with him like those terrorists do, his choice, a bad one, but don't think doing what he did is easy. The hardest decision he's ever made, sadly the wrong one. R.I.P

For the cynics among us perhaps he sent her a picture of dangling feet as a ploy to get her back and had no intention of actually jumping. Some twisted drama queens might think it's an effective tactic in a relationship. But something went wrong, and accidental slip perhaps, the rest is history (or high story in this case). Who can understand a troubled mind of an artist. But sad nonetheless.

If we are going to be cynical, perhaps "Look what you made me do." This is all your fault. Whatever, there were plenty of options open to him and this was surely the least likely at 31. But, without knowing more about the relationship, such speculations are useless, and we will never find out,. When did anyone ever see a follow-up story to offer any explanation on any of these tragedies?. Show the gore and shock the readers. Stop! Next story!!!!!

Poor guy. Fancy being that messed up over someone who may only have been a casual relationship to begin with. But we are speculating again. Sad you had to leave us, and life, so early, Monsieur.

open questions

R.I P.

"open questions"

Only here on the Thai Visa kangaroo court.

Sorry that the young man felt such despair that he did this and sorry that his death is just fodder for the TV vultures.

Archived