Terminal 2 at Don Mueang

Used the new Terminal 2 at Don Mueang a few days ago and must say I was very impressed with the layout, interior style/look. Very smart and modern looking. The security process was good though the having to look at the TV screen for 5 minutes to check your booked in bags went through security was a new one for me but hopefully reassuring. The next stage of ticket check and hand luggage check went smoothly. Overall was impressed with the revamped terminal.

though the having to look at the TV screen for 5 minutes to check your booked in bags went through security was a new one for me

Good that you noticed it.

In the beginning there was some confusion about this.

Is it clearly explained/signed now?

though the having to look at the TV screen for 5 minutes to check your booked in bags went through security was a new one for me

I have a domestic Nok Air flight tmr from Don Muang.

Can someone explain to me why this is and where to look if your suitcase has passed security ? This is the first I ever heard of this and I would hate to have to go back to BKK to get out suitcases

Thanks

I have a domestic Nok Air flight tmr from Don Muang.

Can someone explain to me why this is and where to look if your suitcase has passed security ? This is the first I ever heard of this and I would hate to have to go back to BKK to get out suitcases

Thanks

Not sure about Thailand but in other countries they are looking for li-ion batteries. So they are pre-screening the bags, and if your bag fails inspection they call you over to remove the offending items.

As I understand there is nothing substantially new here?

Just that the baggage is checked after you checked in yourself.

Before in the old terminal it was checked before going to the check-in counter.

And at others airports e.g. in Europe the checked baggae will be x-rayed somewhere in the baggage hall.

And in case there is a problem it will not be loaded to the plane and you can not board.

Maybe you will be paged before boarding.

So I find this system at terminal 2 not that bad.

I checked in today with Nok Air at counter 14 and the TV screen to see if your baggage has passed that security was just to the right of those checkin counters, very easy to spot.

I asked if I could take a picture, but wasn't allowed

I went through the bag checking process in February. I felt then it was a bit haphazard.

It may be better signposted now, but it was by chance I came across a crowd of people looking at a TV screen watching luggage travel past on a conveyor belt. There was a notice and someone shouting out " If you haven't seen your luggage go through in five minutes then go back to check in to see why."

All a bit vague then. On the screen it just looked like a series or black bags moving past - at a distance. Not clear if yours has gone through before you get to see the screen...

It may be clearer now.

One more reason to decorate ones baggage in a unique manner biggrin.png

100% right. You really have to know it is your bag as the screen is clear but it is from a couple of "meters" away.

One other thing though, I just remembered that the Nok Air girl at checkin said, if you have a Battery Bank in your checked luggage please remove it and put it in your carry on.

Archived