Prayut names Thaksin as plotter behind protests

webfact

Prayuth Names Thaksin as Plotter Behind Protests
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14612176811461217969l.jpg
Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha referred to former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra by name Thursday. He habitually makes only indirect reference to the political figure whose influence has been a target of the military regime.

BANGKOK — Junta chairman and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha today accused the de facto leader of the Redshirt movement of plotting the recent resumption of public protests against his military regime.

After a heated exchange with reporters at Government House who pressed Prayuth to name the person he thinks is behind the gatherings, the junta chief blurted out the name of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who remains immensely popular in parts of Thailand despite the coup that deposed him 10 years ago.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1461217681

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-04-21

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We look forward to the evidence that Prayut undoubtedly has - just a tiny scrap of admissible evidence.

Perhaps the PM does not believe that there are Thai citizens with a sense of moral justice?

From the article, "Prayuth, who regularly posits himself as a selfless peace-maker, seemed to immediately regret invoking Thaksin by name."

We look forward to the evidence that Prayut undoubtedly has - just a tiny scrap of admissible evidence.

Perhaps the PM does not believe that there are Thai citizens with a sense of moral justice?

From the article, "Prayuth, who regularly posits himself as a selfless peace-maker, seemed to immediately regret invoking Thaksin by name."

"We look forward to the evidence that Prayut undoubtedly has - just a tiny scrap of admissible evidence.

Perhaps the PM does not believe that there are Thai citizens with a sense of moral justice?"

Alas, a number of posters here certainly don't. Stand by for the usual accusations of anyone protesting of being a bought and paid for moron and/or an out and out criminal.

Four legs good, two legs bad! Welcome to Thaivisa!

A reporter asks a question of a nation's leader and is given an answer eventually.

But don't use what I answered to "strike me"

That will "make it messy again" and it will be your fault as the press (albeit a restricted press)

Surely no-one would say such a thing to a reporter. Gotta be lost in the translation.

I couldn't find a 'slap forehead' emoticon.

The sharp and sustained fall in oil prices is making someone very desperate to be back to the feeding trough...

So are you privy to inside information regarding Thaksin's financial dispositions or are you as usual full of......?

One more time:

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/878797-updated-notice-to-members-posting-in-thailand-news/

Whether Thaksin is behind the protests or not, under Thai Law (and numerous examples of previous cases), it would seem that Prayuth can now be sued by Thaksin for defamation of character.

Update - I just read the full exchange between Prayuth and the reporter. IMHO, one of these guys is losing his marbles......

A reporter asks a question of a nation's leader and is given an answer eventually.

That will "make it messy again" and it will be your fault as the press (albeit a restricted press)

Surely no-one would say such a thing to a reporter. Gotta be lost in the translation.

1512043.gif

1512043.gif

Perfect. Thanks. Technological dyslexic here...over...?

Ta.

So typically "Thai". When you can't accept your own short comings, such as admitting that there actually be Thai people who do not like you or your programs, and are making themselves heard, blame someone else. And, of course, for the Junta Leader, the easiest, and first, person to blame is Thaksin, whether he has a hand in it or not.

So typically "Thai". When you can't accept your own short comings, such as admitting that there actually be Thai people who do not like you or your programs, and are making themselves heard, blame someone else. And, of course, for the Junta Leader, the easiest, and first, person to blame is Thaksin, whether he has a hand in it or not.

" whether he has a hand in it or not."

he has and you know, I bet

I'm going to side with the people ruling who have guns and tanks, easy option, I shall put my yellow shirt on and I'm alright Jack.

I shall prance around proudly, head held high and after the referendum and the elections next year I shall carry on the same.

Although in my heart I am crying, depressed, a feeling of helplessness, another slave being exploited to keep the rich rich and the poor in their place.

Suthep the stronger has won, reset, restarted and reformed a nation into two groups, one group the majority are slaves serving the other group the minority the elite.

Not just Thai - this forum has a few last gasp flag wavers for the junta who find it easier to blame Thaksin than face up to the reality that very large parts of this country are extremely unhappy.

"It's Thaksin's fault" is the last refuge.

Ah well , Thaksin thinks Prayuth and Suthep plotted the coup in advance , only natural Prayuth wants to deflect the blame for his unpopularity back to T.

This governments honeymoon period is well over now and it's heading for removal by popular protest.

Archived