Prayut names Thaksin as plotter behind protests

webfact

But this is the last thing the old elite wants because that means the beginning of the end for the pra/ammart/sakdina system.

Understand sakdina and you understand Thailand.

https://historyplanet.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/the-last-orientals-the-thai-sakdina-system/

Problem is that many middle class and wealthy understand sakdina but refused to move with times and dropped the prejudice. They still have the mentality that poorer people's votes carry less weight than them. That's why they fear Thaksin and the peasant revolution.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could have get "rid" of Thaksin any time. Remember his appearance in the HK Thai embassy for his divorce?

I wouldn't be surprised if the general secretly prays for Thaksin's health every evening, so he can be used as the creator of all anti coup sentiments.

Most people would be surprised if the General who prosecutes civilians and did away with Thaksin's sisters prime ministership is praying secretly for his health.

You afford the man status and significance and a considered person.

Evidence is showing us a different man.

Rash and quick to temper and comment.

He is like most soldiers aware of the enemy .

He has knowledge of Thaksin and his ruthlessness .

He ordered the deaths of 2500 people most suspected drug dealers

And dozens of Muslim men died in trucks packed like logs.

When the army was ordered to arrest them one hot day.

He kills people who mess with him.

Is a billionaire

The general and his government are very afraid of this man.

Thaksin isn't so helpless and can hire people to get at them.

Hey know that.

And at the end of the day is higher in the polls .

The real ones.

While he breathes the chance of them being shot dead by an assassin exists .

That's why the prayers are not for his health but a cement truck to run him down .

I believe it's correct to fear as they obviously do Thaksin.

Even the rainbow community here are showing signs of Trauma and will only use a hateful mantra ..." But Thaksin""

Love or hate him.

He is to be feared if in power.

And being Thailand anything is possible .

Bought rogue generals .

International future sanctions.?

Who knows?

But Thaksin is ruthless and unmercifully would punish.

These men have nightmares what deaths under him they would suffer.

Too scared to even jail his sister for fear he sends assassins .

Did Thaksin create protests ?

That doesn't matter.

What does is this game is still being played and keeping control of the protesters a fear they have thats all too real.

They have ultimately as much chance of that as a plumb Malaysian piglet kidnapped by a crazed hungry Dutchman (of escaping harm)

Whilst he sends blood red bowls to remind them he isn't done.

Their reaction speaks volumes.

He resonates through their pauses and on hot nights they toss and turn and hope he vanishes .

But TS instead goes on CNN or is nearby sending the millions a message to wait.

It's the waiting that is killing them.

They know its a matter of time

You know I don't think that they're so much scared of Thaksin himself as of the ordinary people. Their pigheaded repeated refusal to heed the people has made Thaksin the conduit of their opposition. Thaksin is not so much perched on the bandwagon as driving it.

They know Thaksin has repeatedly had the support of the people, they see that he still has.

I should imagine that is what has them tossing and turning at night.

But this is the last thing the old elite wants because that means the beginning of the end for the pra/ammart/sakdina system.

https://historyplanet.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/the-last-orientals-the-thai-sakdina-system/

Problem is that many middle class and wealthy understand sakdina but refused to move with times and dropped the prejudice. They still have the mentality that poorer people's votes carry less weight than them. That's why they fear Thaksin and the peasant revolution.

Precisely right - and history shows repeatedly what happens to elites who refuse to adapt. This doesn't have to end badly but unless they adapt, it's inevitable.

I think you're right, but the question should be asked "why do they feel that way? Why do they despise the people whom they think are not the same as them?"

The answers seem to me to be extremely unpleasant - at least in the context of the 21st Century.

Not all Thais, but what seems to me to be a majority of them wear their civilisation like a thin veneer. It's easily broken, and when it does break, then you can see the real person underneath rather than the appearance they would like people to see. Thais aren't alone in this, the same applies to sections of all countries, indeed, to a percentage of all people. The evolution of people is not smooth, it's like a lumpy custard - there ere always pockets of folk who just can't get with the program. Some populations more than others. The Thai culture is not a thing of psychological beauty.

They have been led badly by other Thais who only seek to exploit the common people for their own aggrandisement, The current government is (in my opinion) a splendid example of exactly that. God save us from people who think everyone should have the same fetishes and hangups that they have.

Precisely right - and history shows repeatedly what happens to elites who refuse to adapt. This doesn't have to end badly but unless they adapt, it's inevitable.

Right. A while back I saw someone else characterise it thusly:

"If you have a dog that steals a steak from the table, and then bites you when you try to get it back, what do you do? Try to persuade it as to the error of it's ways? it's a dog, and a dog will always behave as it is allowed (or trained) to behave.

A dog only understands pain or isolation as disapproval, whichever works best. Therefore you must either kick it and keep kicking it until it learns not to bite but to co-exist peacefully, or you must isolate it. No affection, no food, no water, no shelter. Until it learns how to behave properly".

What you should never do is accept the bad behaviour because the dog interprets that as approval of the behaviour.

Many decades of acceptance and submission have only taught the wealthy classes of Thailand that what they do to their 'underlings' works. In my opinion, what does not want to change must be isolated and caused great pain.

One of the great advantages of international sanctions is that they punish the 'leaders' and the followers until the followers get fed up with bearing the crosses manufactured and imposed by their 'leaders'.

Punchline: as someone else posted, history shows that civil war is the only way to take back the steak. It is inevitable, and given the Thai psyche it will be bloody but brief. Once cancers have grown, they cannot be persuaded to heal themselves, they have to be cut out.

The problem is that these are Thais so they balls things up. Competence and self-critique in anything are not their strong suits.

Of course they understand it, they invented it. The wealthy that is, because middle class is a new arrival. If there really is such a thing as middle class.

The middle class issue is being addressed in the new charter with proposed free education until the age of 15 only.

Right. A while back I saw someone else characterise it thusly:

"If you have a dog that steals a steak from the table, and then bites you when you try to get it back, what do you do? Try to persuade it as to the error of it's ways? it's a dog, and a dog will always behave as it is allowed (or trained) to behave.

A dog only understands pain or isolation as disapproval, whichever works best. Therefore you must either kick it and keep kicking it until it learns not to bite but to co-exist peacefully, or you must isolate it. No affection, no food, no water, no shelter. Until it learns how to behave properly".

What you should never do is accept the bad behaviour because the dog interprets that as approval of the behaviour.

Many decades of acceptance and submission have only taught the wealthy classes of Thailand that what they do to their 'underlings' works. In my opinion, what does not want to change must be isolated and caused great pain.

One of the great advantages of international sanctions is that they punish the 'leaders' and the followers until the followers get fed up with bearing the crosses manufactured and imposed by their 'leaders'.

Punchline: as someone else posted, history shows that civil war is the only way to take back the steak. It is inevitable, and given the Thai psyche it will be bloody but brief. Once cancers have grown, they cannot be persuaded to heal themselves, they have to be cut out.

The problem is that these are Thais so they balls things up. Competence and self-critique in anything are not their strong suits.

What you said as a consequence of forced acceptance and submission is already happening in the South. If that is not a lesson enough for the establishment and start making changes, than Thailand face a rocky future.

They could have get "rid" of Thaksin any time. Remember his appearance in the HK Thai embassy for his divorce?

I wouldn't be surprised if the general secretly prays for Thaksin's health every evening, so he can be used as the creator of all anti coup sentiments.

Most people would be surprised if the General who prosecutes civilians and did away with Thaksin's sisters prime ministership is praying secretly for his health.

Is a billionaire

Hey know that.

The real ones.

That's why the prayers are not for his health but a cement truck to run him down .

Please show us the proof of the order as you stated?

Were you living here from 1999-2005?

If you were you would have seen it was a lot more dangerous trying to cross the road with all the crazy yaba motorcycle drivers. It was so available and cheap, I saw so many crazy young thai's on it my guard was up much more then when I went outside. It was a maddening time being around those people. When speaking with thais about the supposed war on drugs and execution of yaba dealers, I have yet to one that wasn't in full support of killing them. Not one. You may not agree with executing them and neither do I, but Thaksin had full support on this. Since we are not thai and cannot vote it is not our say.

If it was such a bad thing to happen why hasn't Pruyuth, Abihsit or Sutept ever mentioned this when criticizing Thaksin?

The Muslim problem was going on in the south well before Thaksin was born.

This is no more than a political divide that exists in most countries except the ones who have too much to lose cannot have the status quo change hence the boggie man in dubai and the constant resetting of progress.

I am not a Thaksin fan but many Thais genuinely love him but I can't seem to find one who loves Prayut and when he's gone he'll be remembered as a brute in many ways

"I am not a Thaksin fan " cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

But you like his little sister though.

Is a billionaire

Hey know that.

The real ones.

If you were you would have seen it was a lot more dangerous trying to cross the road with all the crazy yaba motorcycle drivers. It was so available and cheap, I saw so many crazy young thai's on it my guard was up much more then when I went outside. It was a maddening time being around those people. When speaking with thais about the supposed war on drugs and execution of yaba dealers, I have yet to one that wasn't in full support of killing them. Not one. You may not agree with executing them and neither do I, but Thaksin had full support on this. Since we are not thai and cannot vote it is not our say.

If it was such a bad thing to happen why hasn't Pruyuth, Abihsit or Sutept ever mentioned this when criticizing Thaksin?

This is no more than a political divide that exists in most countries except the ones who have too much to lose cannot have the status quo change hence the boggie man in dubai and the constant resetting of progress.

Drug problems and the insurgency in the South of Thailand were going on before Thaksin, during his various governments and after he fled.

However, allowing extra judicial executions of some 3,000 plus alleged drug dealers by a police force that's known as one of most dishonest and corrupt in the world and allowing the murder of Muslims by security services is hardly the norm.

Or do you believe the end justifies the means and the state can act illegally if the PM so wishes?

I am sure that Prayut is correct in his assessment, but everyone knows this. As for the many who love thaksin, I once had a conversation with a taxi driver who assured me that thaksin was the ONLY HONEST MAN IN THAILAND !!! and it became very clear that the whole aim of the country,s biggest crook was to court the people who did not have a brain cell between them. A sad but highly effective strategy, and a huge flaw in the democratic system sad.png

That same "flaw" you will find in every democratic country. Do you think the solution is to suspend democracy as they have done in Thailand?

Justice, real justice, applied evenly, transparently and fairly to all - never sure they ever had it but would've probably suspended that too.

Democracy - they've suspended elections. Not sure what they had was ever really democracy in reality.

It seems ridiculous, that a convicted criminal has been at large for some 10 years, living freely in Dubai (known address) & swaning around the world @ will, yet no attempts have been made to arrest/extradite him back to Thailand to face justice or.........??

They never wanted him back in Thailand. Better to have him safely abroad to be used as the bogeyman to scare the children with and as an excuse to hold onto power.

If he was put on trial in Thailand can you imagine the humongous cans of worms he would open when pushed into a corner?

I'm sue his little black book contains all sorts of details that no one wants opening.

That's the problem when all are at the trough and swap sides as easily as changing their socks.

If, and they never will, he was brought back and put on trial, he could tell some stories and maybe not play the usual game of sweeping all under the carpet where the rich elites are concerned.

I am sure that Prayut is correct in his assessment, but everyone knows this. As for the many who love thaksin, I once had a conversation with a taxi driver who assured me that thaksin was the ONLY HONEST MAN IN THAILAND !!! and it became very clear that the whole aim of the country,s biggest crook was to court the people who did not have a brain cell between them. A sad but highly effective strategy, and a huge flaw in the democratic system sad.png

Do you have the same condescending opinion on the so called "educated" that have the same unshakable faith that the Thai military are some sort of paragons of justice? When history has proven time and time again that they are very far away from that manufactured image. We have had several examples of this from the past two years. The park scandal, microphone scandal, that cop fleeing to Australia because of what he knows about corrupt officials being involved in human trafficking....Hell even the two murdered backpackers in Koh Tao makes for very interesting reading when you find out about the connections the REAL killer's family has.

It takes two to Tango. Thaksin did something no Thai elite had down before to get power and majorly rocked the boat by doing it (out of his own self-interest of course) but he is not the be all and end all of this country's problems and you are incredibly naive if you think he is.

Is a billionaire

Hey know that.

The real ones.

Drug problems and the insurgency in the South of Thailand were going on before Thaksin, during his various governments and after he fled.

However, allowing extra judicial executions of some 3,000 plus alleged drug dealers by a police force that's known as one of most dishonest and corrupt in the world and allowing the murder of Muslims by security services is hardly the norm.

Or do you believe the end justifies the means and the state can act illegally if the PM so wishes?

Well if that was the case, then it's clear not much except the faces and the names has changed.

But this guy hasn't helped the poor in Isaan. At least Thaksin helped some Thais as well as feathering his own nest - and was the first Thai to do so,

Which is what the poor in Isaan actually think, and why they keep voting for all things Thaksin.

The sharp and sustained fall in oil prices is making someone very desperate to be back to the feeding trough...

So are you privy to inside information regarding Thaksin's financial dispositions or are you as usual full of......?

Maybe he is.

Would it be better to ask for clarification through links before defaulting to your usual tactics?

PS - Please don't start bullying me as well.

Have a great day my friend.

The sharp and sustained fall in oil prices is making someone very desperate to be back to the feeding trough...

So are you privy to inside information regarding Thaksin's financial dispositions or are you as usual full of......?

Maybe he is.

Would it be better to ask for clarification through links before defaulting to your usual tactics?

Nobody is bullying you, however usually the lack of evidence does not make up for evidence. Just stating stuff, as you do even when it runs contrary to documented fact, does not make it so.

Is a billionaire

Hey know that.

The real ones.

To the last sentence, I am glad we agree as you are of course referring to the current PM general Prayuth. He of course is 100% unaccountable for his actions now and after his self executed amnesty.

Of course they understand it, they invented it. The wealthy that is, because middle class is a new arrival. If there really is such a thing as middle class.

The middle class issue is being addressed in the new charter with proposed free education until the age of 15 only.

The issue of the slowly emerging middle class - those whose children have a chance of further or higher education - a chance that the parents never had, will only be addressed by stopping free education at 15 in as much as it will enrage them. They will see it rightly as the " established elite" pushing them back under the water.

That same "flaw" you will find in every democratic country. Do you think the solution is to suspend democracy as they have done in Thailand?

Justice, real justice, applied evenly, transparently and fairly to all - never sure they ever had it but would've probably suspended that too.

Democracy - they've suspended elections. Not sure what they had was ever really democracy in reality.

It was democracy -albeit flawed - but it was closer to democracy, with more chance of eliminating some of those flaws than what we have now,or what is proposed.

The bottom line is that the people who ran the country ( however badly and however much you disliked them ) were chosen by the electors. and could be chucked out by the electors.

The people who run it now weren't and can't be.

I am sure that Prayut is correct in his assessment, but everyone knows this. As for the many who love thaksin, I once had a conversation with a taxi driver who assured me that thaksin was the ONLY HONEST MAN IN THAILAND !!! and it became very clear that the whole aim of the country,s biggest crook was to court the people who did not have a brain cell between them. A sad but highly effective strategy, and a huge flaw in the democratic system :(

What do they call you, Albert Einstein?

It seems ridiculous, that a convicted criminal has been at large for some 10 years, living freely in Dubai (known address) & swaning around the world @ will, yet no attempts have been made to arrest/extradite him back to Thailand to face justice or.........??

The issue of the slowly emerging middle class - those whose children have a chance of further or higher education - a chance that the parents never had, will only be addressed by stopping free education at 15 in as much as it will enrage them. They will see it rightly as the " established elite" pushing them back under the water.

Well...yeah. That was the point. Keep them stupid and uneducated so that they don't evolve to middle class and then you have rich and poor. As it's always been.

That's what I meant when i said the new charter tries to address the middle class issue. :)

I made it through 3 pages of this thread.

1 I live here

2 I definitely like the General's tie

3 I don't get why guys dye their hair

4 The world is going to hell in a hand basket

5 Enjoy the ride

Maybe he is.

"Would it be better to ask for clarification through links before defaulting to your usual tactics?"

I've asked you for clarification through links many times and it didn't do any good.

Archived