Don’t let your kids backpack in Koh Tao – the clear message from the CH4 documentary

webfact

Just watched the C4 version which did not tell us anything new except the frequency of unexplained deaths on the island, with the incompetence of RTP.

I'm surprised no one has started an online campaign to promote not visiting Koh Tao - that would hurt most the probable killers and the island mafia. Been there once and will never go again.

Hundreds of thousands of young adults, partying till dawn for weeks on end have gone. Two established murders. Other deaths explainable accidents, seized on as fodder for the conspiracy theorists.

EDIT and one suicide Dimitri Povse, replete with note written in French

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moonsterk

You potray the RTP in a very poor light,

They put on a show when measuring residents footprints, even though they stated the foot size was 40,

Did this show also extend to the taking of female dna,the statement that they eas looking into a possibility Hannah was involved in an argument on the night of her murder

Size 40? Well heck. That might be my western mysogynist.

The argument has never been established it's crap as fact. Now tell me there is a link but refuse to provide it.

Argument by omission.

Female DNA? So? women can't be murderers? There was one rape and two murders nothing says one person did all, then or now..

Moonsterk let me explain

You reason there was no footprint, but we clearly see video evidence of RTP taking foot measurements, your explanation that it was somehow a show to appease is implausable and laughable , especially when you consider they did not have sufficient funds to provide a file of crime scene photos, why would they be wasting valuable resources on a futile exercise

The rumour of the altercation is in the court testimony, we have one RTP claiming in sept 2014 they are investigating and then in court we did not investigate

The taking of female dna establish that there is more dna than declared

Just watched the C4 version which did not tell us anything new except the frequency of unexplained deaths on the island, with the incompetence of RTP.

I'm surprised no one has started an online campaign to promote not visiting Koh Tao - that would hurt most the probable killers and the island mafia. Been there once and will never go again.

Hundreds of thousands of young adults, partying till dawn for weeks on end have gone. Two established murders. Other deaths explainable accidents, seized on as fodder for the conspiracy theorists.

Two established murders - with an extremely flawed investigation, which may result in a retrial if experts recent opinions and advice and is acted upon.

Other deaths explainable accidents - "explainable", but very suspicious circumstances.

One suicide - also very suspicious circumstances.

And "conspiracy theorists"? (Where did that come from, I wonder?) Or just people who are putting forward possible alternatives to the official RTP conclusions, which as is shown by the investigation into the "two established murders", are not always infallible?

If it were not for the "conspiracy theorists", and the popularity of social media sites, I doubt very much if the possibility of a retrial would even have been contemplated, as the experts that are now involved would probably not even have heard of the case. Additionally, a retrial will involve an enormous loss of face, and we all know how much that means in Thailand!

FAO Moonsterk

RE : your post # 126 above

"Please get the fingers going and post at least a vague rebuttal to this; Pearson was smashed, and probably woke up looking for some water as the very drunk tend to do. It's just like Luke Miller where families and friends are exposed to all the BS by people who handle them and then set into concrete by hysteria on all the pages. They choose to believe the worse because it is preferable to a painful truth- Nick and Luke died because of their foolish choice to become exceedingly intoxicated"

A very creative/imaginative post, to say the least. I admit to having been smashed in the past, and yes, I had a very dry mouth needing lubrication. However, never, not ever did I feel capable of negotiating my way down many treacherous steps to the beach to drink SEAWATER. Get real, please.

FAO Moonsterk

RE : your post # 126 above

"Please get the fingers going and post at least a vague rebuttal to this; Pearson was smashed, and probably woke up looking for some water as the very drunk tend to do. It's just like Luke Miller where families and friends are exposed to all the BS by people who handle them and then set into concrete by hysteria on all the pages. They choose to believe the worse because it is preferable to a painful truth- Nick and Luke died because of their foolish choice to become exceedingly intoxicated"

A very creative/imaginative post, to say the least. I admit to having been smashed in the past, and yes, I had a very dry mouth needing lubrication. However, never, not ever did I feel capable of negotiating my way down many treacherous steps to the beach to drink SEAWATER. Get real, please.

Well when the arguments get to this I know the cupboard of propaganda is almost empty.

I'm still waiting for those " facts.." that dissolved into "issues" that I did not know about Pearson's death.

[Thinks to self; " most idiotic argument yet- and look who likes it..... Right now one hand is behind my back and my eyes are closed, too easy..]

The mother's claim " He would not go for walk.." means nothing.

And so because you don't drink seawater we are to believe a man might not have awakened some hours later- as alcohol tends to do, and go in search of .... well, I would think...maybe a drink of water.

So we can then add on the factors to led to his accident, and other reasons he was up and about.

Was it dark, was he familiar with the setting, was he still inebriated?

Or,....

Was he actually in search of something else?

Was he just out for a walk, was he puking, had he puked, did he want to puke, did he not want to puke in the room, but thought the beach might be more comfortable to puke on.

Did he want to go for a swim, did he want to get laid, was he hungry?

See what I'm getting at here? Just to recap; The mother's claim " He would not go for walk.." means nothing.

Two established murders - with an extremely flawed investigation, which may result in a retrial if experts recent opinions and advice and is acted upon.

Other deaths explainable accidents - "explainable", but very suspicious circumstances.

And "conspiracy theorists"? (Where did that come from, I wonder?) Or just people who are putting forward possible alternatives to the official RTP conclusions, which as is shown by the investigation into the "two established murders", are not always infallible?

If it were not for the "conspiracy theorists", and the popularity of social media sites, I doubt very much if the possibility of a retrial would even have been contemplated, as the experts that are now involved would probably not even have heard of the case. Additionally, a retrial will involve an enormous loss of face, and we all know how much that means in Thailand!

The latest pile of lies " experts...suspicious deaths..."- only if you want to see them that way.

The latest pile of lies " experts...suspicious deaths..."- only if you want to see them that way.

And it's also as glaringly obvious that you don't! If you had been taking notice, you would have noticed that In a previous post I cast doubt on the supposed "experts" as there were no names mentioned, or places of employment. These have now been supplied, but I am prepared to look at "both sides of the coin" (as indeed are many posters on here) but unfortunately there are a few like yourself, and the (possibly now defunct) "Glee Club" that can only blindly accept as gospel everything that those in authority would have you believe.

Archived