Don’t let your kids backpack in Koh Tao – the clear message from the CH4 documentary

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
z42, on 22 Apr 2016 - 03:38, said:

Very poorly made documentary, seemed to be plagiarized almost entirely from the 1 channel news asia did a few months back. The lack of focus on the original police commander's statements regarding nomsod's involvement, the farcical DNA process, and the catalogue of police incompetence, didn't, I feel, paint a clear enough picture about how dangerous Thailand is and just how broken the justice system is here.

It wasn't plagiarized from the Channel News Asia documentary. Both documentaries were made by the same production company, MAKE Productions. There were two different versions, one for the Asian market (Channel News Asia) and the other for the U.K. (Channel 4). It is not presently known why there were two versions, but it may have been for legal reasons.

http://www.makeproductions.com/who/

"come to KT"

Is that a figure of speech or a reference to your own current location?

All that documentary has done is recycle old news and what we already know. Until any new evidence is brought to light then it`s still a case of who done it. I haven`t watched that documentary and wouldn`t waste my time doing so.

Sounds a bit like saying you don't like Chinese food but you've never tried it!

I have not seen the CH4 edition of the documentary but I did watch the Asian version. In suggesting that the death of Mr. Nick Pearson might not have been accidental, it said that the night before he was found dead, he had been 'warned off' (as I remember the words) paying too much attention to a Thai girl at a bar by a Thai male. That was it. The implication left was that he may have been murdered for flirting.

BTW Per Andy Hall's Twitter account 18 APR 2016:

-- Today Koh Samui Court approved Koh Tao murder case defence team request 4 extension of time finalise/submit case appeal until 23rd May 2016

3 retweets6 likes

what are the differences between the 2 versions? i have seen the asian 1 and although i was expecting amazing revelations as hinted at by some TV posters here i found it was nothing more than previous news that everyone knew edited together.

they briefly highlight 6 young deaths as 'mysterious' but fail to give any evidence and omit certain evidence for at least 2 that would remove them from that category.

did the family of nick pearson make any reports about their suspicions to the UK police or media or anyone prior, or did they only do this after the hannah & david case?. I'm sure parents wouldn't want to think of a child dying of their own drunken stupidity, but is it not at all possible he might have after being put bed early on NYE for being 'too drunk to walk'?

for those here that would like to link his death to AC bar.. the place where he was staying and also died is at completely opposite ends of the beach, by the other end i mean, you couldn't get any further!, in fact its past the beach and up into the the hill, you would have to walk the entire length of sairee beach past every other bar in sairee on before you would arrive there.

since all the 'bad' press about KT it has been even busier that previous years, i would add that i've seen a lot more older couples and families since all this happened, so either people don't read the news or it didnt affect them. KT is still in the top 4 of holiday islands to visit.....bad luck for those of you who are so keen to see KT disappear!

One thing struck me as interesting was what the Police officer first on the scene said- I hope the person who did this suffers, person not people. I expect he, like many other on that crap hole island knows who really did do it. The documentary seemed to shy away from that, it was rubbish.

what are the differences between the 2 versions? i have seen the asian 1 and although i was expecting amazing revelations as hinted at by some TV posters here i found it was nothing more than previous news that everyone knew edited together.

they briefly highlight 6 young deaths as 'mysterious' but fail to give any evidence and omit certain evidence for at least 2 that would remove them from that category.

did the family of nick pearson make any reports about their suspicions to the UK police or media or anyone prior, or did they only do this after the hannah & david case?. I'm sure parents wouldn't want to think of a child dying of their own drunken stupidity, but is it not at all possible he might have after being put bed early on NYE for being 'too drunk to walk'?

for those here that would like to link his death to AC bar.. the place where he was staying and also died is at completely opposite ends of the beach, by the other end i mean, you couldn't get any further!, in fact its past the beach and up into the the hill, you would have to walk the entire length of sairee beach past every other bar in sairee on before you would arrive there.

since all the 'bad' press about KT it has been even busier that previous years, i would add that i've seen a lot more older couples and families since all this happened, so either people don't read the news or it didnt affect them. KT is still in the top 4 of holiday islands to visit.....bad luck for those of you who are so keen to see KT disappear!

As far as I understand Nick Pearson wasnt put to bed because he was drunk

frank83628, on 24 Apr 2016 - 06:10, said:

Nick Pearson's parents reported their suspicious to the UK police and media before the Witheridge/Miller murders. What wasn't mentioned in the documentary is that Nick's parents were warned to stop asking questions and get off the island for their own good by the Koh Tao RTP. On the night that he died, he and his parents had spent the evening in Chopper's bar.

As for the differences between the 2 versions, well the format is slightly different, there are additional interviews in the U.K. version and some interviews in the Asian version have been left out. Christina Annesley's father was an additional interviewee in the U.K. version. I would need to watch both versions again back to back before I could comment further.

Nick Pearson's parents reported their suspicious to the UK police and media before the Witheridge/Miller murders. What wasn't mentioned in the documentary is that Nick's parents were warned to stop asking questions and get off the island for their own good by the Koh Tao RTP. On the night that he died, he and his parents had spent the evening in Chopper's bar.

As for the differences between the 2 versions, well the format is slightly different, there are additional interviews in the U.K. version and some interviews in the Asian version have been left out. Christina Annesley's father was an additional interviewee in the U.K. version. I would need to watch both versions again back to back before I could comment further.

Wasn't he so drunk he had to be helped into bed? Wasn't one of the statements made by his mother supporting the alleged murder scenario, " Well.... he wouldn't go for a walk.."? Isn't it possible the scrapes and bruises were caused by falling amongst the large rocks that are along the beach? Isn't it possible, as with the Luke Miller case, family and friends would rather believe a way out in left field theory, than their loved one's own intoxication brought on his own demise?

Right, and for weeks the various "Justice... blah ...blah'' pages that have been quivering with excitement- "the UK version will bear our fantasies out. Watch and see..." and then when it didn't, and even (surprisingly) allowed the much maligned Koh tao locals and police to have their say, the documentary was " rubbish."

I love one page trying to connect the police spokesman's inability while being interviewed to remember the police lab ISO # to incompetence in the entire investigation.

A perfect example of the pure unadulterated crap these pages spew.

Drunk, having sex on a beach in early hours = trouble.

No matter what country.

None of David's DNA on Hannah. Do your homework before posting shi*e

You are aware Hannah's body was at least partially submerged in water as evidenced by her lower left calf and half her foot are buried in perfectly smooth sand ? ( which preempts that " large footprint" nonsense.) Such a submersion might have contributed to lack of David's DNA or other physical evidence. I remember something about a condom- empty of ejaculate, being found nearby..

Perhaps the couple had just started their tryst, and were reclining when two short Myanmar lads decided to whack David on the head.. using a cloth or item of clothing to hold the hoe. I never understood the buzz about how their size, or lack of their DNA on the hoe handle was supposed to be a defense. Criminals have been using cloth to hold weapons for some time now- ever since fingerprinting was discovered. And a long handled hoe, if David were standing, would be an adequate height equalizer.

Maybe they really did not mean to kill David, but having done so, felt they must also do away with Hannah?

Give us the links please to the UK version of online, I'd like to see both again, too.

Archived