"Ladies" of the night break German's nose in Jomtien robbery

webfact

Dodging the advances of lady-men are part of the Pattaya landscape...

When you see two of them riding a motorcycle...they are often on the hunt for some naive un-alert tourist or ex-pat...

Best to steer clear of them when you can...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better to be in the media with a smashed face than being pictured with a not so lady, lady.

The ribbing upon returning home from the latter would last a lifetime.

how true, putting up a good fight against superior odds =champ

getting groped up while half pissed and getting robbed by ladies of undetermined gender= loser.

Yes; he does not particularly strike me as the "Sharpest-Tool-In-The-Shed" either . . . . 555 ! ! !

coffee1.gif

Sanukjim you are quite right. I am sure the "ladies" in question will have their version of events. Problem is as this is an almost daily event in Pattaya it is not surprising that the majority of people will go with the reported story as it is.

If beating someone up is acceptable if they are fowl mouthed in a bar then the hospitals would be completely overwhelmed.

I take the German at his word. the Lady-boy situation in Pattaya and Jomtien is out of control. They roam the streets in the wee hours preying on inebriated foreigners. Their aim is to steal and hurt if necessary. One day, someone will be killed in an attack. The police need to take action. For one thing, all bars need to close at the appointed closing time. Too much alcohol fueled crime. Pattaya/Jomtien used to be a wonderful destination and a fun place. Now- a dreary and sad place filled with low life- both Thai and Foreign.

Too much alcohol combined with normalacy bias is a recipe for a beat down.

He was asking for trouble and didn't even know it!

This violence will continue until people wake up to the dangers of intoxication combined with walking around alone in the early morning.

I feel all expat clubs in Pattaya should get together and request the law makers to show them what happen to the criminal of this kind when they are arrested. Are they fine only few hundred baht and left on the street again to do their dirty jobs again or they will be convicted to much harder prison sentence. We should really know what happen to them.

This is the only way to secure not only Pattaya but whole of Thailand for crime against innocent foreigners.

It is nonsense that Thai people beat up foreigners for some mistake or even doing something wrong. If they steel, do criminal activity, etc they should be approached by the police and handled properly according to the law.

I really don't want tourist to be scare coming to this beautiful country because these kind of crimes that cause even long time living expats in Thailand to look for other alternative country.

The only way to stop all these is that criminals of this kind are punished much harder.

4,000 Baht was taken from his wallet ? Never heard of a thieft that would take the time to go through someones wallet then give it back to them. Normally they would just take the wallet and run.

Sounds like he didn't pay them enough and they just took what they thought they were owed.

I take the German at his word. the Lady-boy situation in Pattaya and Jomtien is out of control. They roam the streets in the wee hours preying on inebriated foreigners. Their aim is to steal and hurt if necessary. One day, someone will be killed in an attack. The police need to take action. For one thing, all bars need to close at the appointed closing time. Too much alcohol fueled crime. Pattaya/Jomtien used to be a wonderful destination and a fun place. Now- a dreary and sad place filled with low life- both Thai and Foreign.

I agree. If my wife (who is never bothered by the aggressive LB's and girls calling out to come in for a massage by pretty girls) didn't like Pattaya, I probably would never return. I feel the area is unsafe starting around 5:00pm until late morning. If the police don't start going after, and seriously prosecuting those male criminals in woman's attire they will definitely lose millions in tourist dollars over the coming years. Most people will not tolerate that kind of crime for very long. Its getting out of hand. The LB's seem to have free reign way outside the few streets they should be contained too, and have no fear of prosecution. Their stalking area is quickly spreading across Pattaya like a very bad disease.

Just another victim of Mr Alcohol . If he had stayed home after heavy drinking until 2 am this would never have happened. Jomtien at night is a pretty safe area normally ,

Dodging the advances of lady-men are part of the Pattaya landscape...

When you see two of them riding a motorcycle...they are often on the hunt for some naive un-alert tourist or ex-pat...

Best to steer clear of them when you can...

You are so right. I arrived in Pattaya a couple of years ago and was still suffering from jet lag. I couldn't sleep so went out for a walk on the opposite side of Beach Road (not the sea side) and two characters stopped their bike about 5 yards in front of me ... as I was stone cold sober I knew immediately they were both ladyboys. I won't repeat what i said to the clown that approached me, but realising that I was not drunk the creature about turned and sped off. A lucky escape ... for the bloke in the dress. I have no doubt they would have robbed me if i had been drunk (I'm not a drinker). They are out late at night trying to pick people off.

Too much alcohol combined with normalacy bias is a recipe for a beat down.

He was asking for trouble and didn't even know it!

This violence will continue until people wake up to the dangers of intoxication combined with walking around alone in the early morning.

I agree, but........he should be able to walk around three parts tanked and be safe!

I guess the alcohol took out common sense, and he didn't realize, or disregarded, the potential danger.

Or, it just may have been his first visit to Pattaya, and he wasn't aware of this problem??

If a woman had been taken sexually advantage of while she was drunk and then robbed and grievously bodily harmed, we would now be looking at a case of rape and GBH. But only women or maybe ladyboys can be victims in these cases as the men are only see as sexual predictors. The likely pair whether women or TVs will probably get off with being made to say sorry and a small fine.

Same old story time and time again, when will these people learn to stay away from these places?

Smashing someone's head with a rock is attempted murder. No?

One must intend death to charge murder. Intent must be proven.

Why do people post from comic book knowledge? Well, incorrect, Perry Mason. 2nd degree murder requires no premeditation or intent. And voluntary manslaughter is sometimes referred to as 3rd degree murder. Although I don't see how anyone can make an informed determination just from a posted article like this, I can certainly see a rock being considered a deadly weapon.

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1897

Archived