Best Place to Buy Luggage

donaldinho9

There are many stores along Sukhumvit and you may get a good price there if you bargain hard. Personally, I prefer some of the shops in the Indra Regent Mall on Rajapraprop Road. You can take a motorcycle taxi there, Just tell the driver to go to the Indra Regent Hotel. Ask the prices of items that you like at several shops. One technique is to offer a third of the price that you are quoted and slowly move up the price that you are willing to pay until the seller accepts it. There's no need to hand-carry the suitcases back to your hotel. They can be delivered for a small charge. Be sure to get a receipt with the shop's telephone number so you can call if anything goes wrong. MBK has a lot of luggage shops too but I've found them to be more expensive. The way to get the best deal is to comparison shop a lot and examine the quality of the suitcase in detail before you buy it. Good luck.

I bought a large Samsonite Aeris online for 120 Euro shipped to my mother's house on my last visit. In department stores they're around 160 Euro. Saw it yesterday here on sale in Central for 9995 Baht from the regular 13,995.

My point, if at all a possibility, buy it abroad where you won't have to haggle for the privilege of overpaying 50-100%.

If you really need to buy in Bangkok, Amarin Plaza has revolving outlet sales in their atrium, usually lasting a week. Every couple of months there's a suitcase sale with up to 50% off. But even when I checked then, it was much cheaper to buy when abroad. Suitcases usually mean you're going abroad anyway.

For what it's worth. I've found out the hard way, twice, over 13 years that you get what you pay for. I buy Samsonite at any Central but I can't direct you to places offhand that sell legit luggage brands. Hopefully someone here has more experience. Good luck, my friend!

Archived