Proof of Address - Registering a Bike (Green Book)

I have bought a new bike, want to put it over to my name in the green book.

I am on an Ed visa, but haven't done a 90 day report yet, I went to immigration but they wouldn't give me a certificate of residence. They said come back when I do the 90 day but that is end of May.

Last week I did get a certificate of residence from the UK embassy for my licence, but that cost 2,600 Baht. I am loathe to shell out another 2,600 for a piece of paper.

So, my question is, the Sukhumvit DLT office now have my address on file for my licence, can they use this information when I change the name in the green book?

Thanks

Probably not .. Did you take a photocopy of the one you requested from the embassy ?

I managed to get the woman's sympathy once and she accepted an out of date photocopy when I registered a bike. Although they have your addy on record they usually need some kind of paper with an official stamp to staple to a form.

I feel for you man, it's a total waste of time - the certificate of residence that I get isn't even my addy.

Some argue that the yellow tabien baan is useless but this is where I think it is really good. It's a document that all Thai people and authorities recognise, no more problems ever

If you know someone who is chao baan and willing to help

Its 1000 Baht at the Norwegian Embassy....

But will the DLT Bang Chak accept confirmation of address from your embassy to register a vehicle in your own name? I know from a personal experience that for driving license they do.

The certificate of residence that you get from immigration states a purpose right? Like, for driving license, buy a car/mc or open a bank account and similar things.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and get another from the embassy. Yep, agree, a rip-off, for a piece of paper that I have to fill in with the info and all they do is put a couple of stamps on it.

After May, can get them at immigration, so no problem then.

Archived