Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo – innocent in the 'trial by social media'

webfact

Another interesting observation is why the defense team and the international DNA and forensic experts have requested 4 30-day extensions and have still, as of yet, to file an appeal when all they would have to do is read some of these pages to find out what is the Truth neatly wrapped up in a package with a bow because, if you explain to the appeals court what really is the truth and how things really work in Thailand because there are farangs in Thailand who really know these things, they shouldn't require any more extensions to file their slam-dunk appeal to overturn the convictions now in place based on a court opinion that isn't the truth You betcha.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai beach murders: DNA investigation into death of British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller 'incompetent at best'

The two Burmese men convicted of the crime are urged to file a complaint with an international regulator
Police in Thailand may have to face an international regulator over the way they handled the investigation into the murder of British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

International legal and DNA forensics experts have advised Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo - the two Burmese immigrants sentenced to death over the killings - to make a formal complaint and demand a retrial.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-beach-murders-dna-investigation-death-of-british-backpackers-hannah-witteridge-and-david-a7002421.html

Amazing how you can make the news by just telling someone to write a letter.

No action has been taken, but the truthers lap it up I wonder who the told them to write the letter someone who wants to remain anonymous maybe to stop them looking stupid when it comes back to bite them on the arse.

When they are released in the near future it will be you and the other rtp supporters that will be bitten on the arse no one else.

Maybe it's not the RTP we support, but truth.

Suggest you stop relying on anonymously written articles sourced from third rate rags (Evening Standard) where quoted "experts" don't even have names.

Not hard to figure out who wrote it, an erstwhile Samui resident with her own propaganda web site that censors pictures like this.

attachicon.gifpost-70157-0-20121700-1461555532.jpg

We can all do that post-155768-0-06843800-1461822828_thumb. but can you prove that the DNA chain of custody wasn't broken ?

An interesting observation on these KT threads when I see certain posters spamming, a sure sign for me that someone is making a lot of effort to deflect the truth and saturate the thread with very obvious nonsense posts, another thread that received this type of attention was that of Luke Millar who was found floating in the pool of a local hotel, police speculated that he drowned and offered nothing else to explain the injuries observed on his body, a medical examiner later confirmed that he did not drown but as usual that is were it ended....case closed, nobody saw anything - cctv was not available - yet another young life gone on Paradise Island a place that should be bulldozed level and returned to nature or actually returned to the Thai people as it is all public land

And the RTP explanation of Luke's death was nothing more than wild (and highly implausible) speculation, with zero evidence to back it up, and no disclosed investigation of his prior movements to back up said speculation (wonder why???).

What could go wrong with a Trial by Social Media?

Hounded Online and Off, Man Commits Suicide Over Bombing Claim

"A man committed suicide last night in his northern metro Bangkok home, days after an online claim was made that he was the bomber behind the Erawan Shrine attack.

Kittisak Meemang, 36, was discovered hanged in his bedroom at his home in Pathum Thani province at around 9pm last night, police told reporters, and his family believes he was hounded into taking his life after someone used his Facebook account to post a message in his name.

Two men on a motorcycle stopped Kittisak while he was going to work at around 9am yesterday and punched him before driving away, she said, adding that he filed a police complaint and then chose to stay home from work."

Evidently the people that condone what the Samui Times is doing haven't though things through, or are OK with virtual lynch mobs... in the name of justice of course.

Your post is completely offtopic. But if you are trying to make a case for social media exposure of wrongdoing being a no-no, you're wasting your time. It works both ways, and in this case (and others such as the Jenphob car crash) it's working extremely effectively for the good (justice). And it certainly has a far better track record than the RTP ;) .

An interesting observation on these KT threads when I see certain posters spamming, a sure sign for me that someone is making a lot of effort to deflect the truth and saturate the thread with very obvious nonsense posts, another thread that received this type of attention was that of Luke Millar who was found floating in the pool of a local hotel, police speculated that he drowned and offered nothing else to explain the injuries observed on his body, a medical examiner later confirmed that he did not drown but as usual that is were it ended....case closed, nobody saw anything - cctv was not available - yet another young life gone on Paradise Island a place that should be bulldozed level and returned to nature or actually returned to the Thai people as it is all public land

And the RTP explanation of Luke's death was nothing more than wild (and highly implausible) speculation, with zero evidence to back it up, and no disclosed investigation of his prior movements to back up said speculation (wonder why???).

And the companion's hysterics were nothing more than wild (and highly implausible) speculation, with zero evidence to back it up, and he was out alone, late at a pool where there was no CCTV

What could go wrong with a Trial by Social Media?

Hounded Online and Off, Man Commits Suicide Over Bombing Claim

"A man committed suicide last night in his northern metro Bangkok home, days after an online claim was made that he was the bomber behind the Erawan Shrine attack.

Kittisak Meemang, 36, was discovered hanged in his bedroom at his home in Pathum Thani province at around 9pm last night, police told reporters, and his family believes he was hounded into taking his life after someone used his Facebook account to post a message in his name.

Two men on a motorcycle stopped Kittisak while he was going to work at around 9am yesterday and punched him before driving away, she said, adding that he filed a police complaint and then chose to stay home from work."

Evidently the people that condone what the Samui Times is doing haven't though things through, or are OK with virtual lynch mobs... in the name of justice of course.

Your post is completely offtopic. But if you are trying to make a case for social media exposure of wrongdoing being a no-no, you're wasting your time. It works both ways, and in this case (and others such as the Jenphob car crash) it's working extremely effectively for the good (justice). And it certainly has a far better track record than the RTP wink.png .

Again, no one is particularly defending the RTP, just the truth against lies.

The title of the thread is

innocent in the 'trial by social media'

And AleG is showing how social media behaves like a baying mob, just like a few "Justice..." fb pages I know of.

Amazing how you can make the news by just telling someone to write a letter.

No action has been taken, but the truthers lap it up I wonder who the told them to write the letter someone who wants to remain anonymous maybe to stop them looking stupid when it comes back to bite them on the arse.

When they are released in the near future it will be you and the other rtp supporters that will be bitten on the arse no one else.

Suggest you stop relying on anonymously written articles sourced from third rate rags (Evening Standard) where quoted "experts" don't even have names.

Not hard to figure out who wrote it, an erstwhile Samui resident with her own propaganda web site that censors pictures like this.

We can all do that attachicon.gifns1.jpg but can you prove that the DNA chain of custody wasn't broken ?

Prove a negative? Prove it was.... And thanks for that pic, that was CSI La posting it up, A pic of Nom Sod overlayed on Zaw Lin- starting all the BS.

We can all do that attachicon.gifns1.jpg but can you prove that the DNA chain of custody wasn't broken ?

Well here's the picture from the CCTV video before CSI La manipulated it to look like Nom Sod- as you have just kindly showed us. Before the nose job shall I say?

post-249774-0-29649600-1461827118_thumb.

A little enhancement

post-249774-0-72399700-1461827661_thumb.

using this

post-249774-0-13035700-1461827421_thumb.

Nom Sod and the now shaven Zaw Lin comparison

post-249774-0-18625300-1461827424_thumb.

post-249774-0-25356200-1461827423_thumb.

My advice to the Defense team lawyers and foreign forensic / DNA experts in preparing their appeal:

Just click your heels together and say 3 times : No original DNA -- no Chain of Custody

... and the conviction will melt away (You cursed brat -- look what you've done!)

The CCTV image of the running man was never clear enough to stand up as evidence , still social media sites like CSI LA tried to make it look like it could have been Nomsod. I was of the opinion very early on that it could be of any Asian boy with that hair type. Now I am not saying it is one of the B2, but at least they were on the island that night , NS has not been spotted there by any eye witnesses , only in Bangkok.

It could also be of Mon, and lots of other guys. The image is just not clear enough,

The CCTV image of the running man was never clear enough to stand up as evidence , still social media sites like CSI LA tried to make it look like it could have been Nomsod. I was of the opinion very early on that it could be of any Asian boy with that hair type. Now I am not saying it is one of the B2, but at least they were on the island that night , NS has not been spotted there by any eye witnesses , only in Bangkok.

It could also be of Mon, and lots of other guys. The image is just not clear enough,

I agree, the image is very fuzzy and could be any Asian male, those long sideburns are on every third one. But would you agree the picture put out by CSI La has just a touch of definition around the nose, where he purposely altered it - using his own prior overlay, (as so kindly provided by Smedly, did he think it was Zaw?) to subtly enhance the nose into Nom Sod's?

The noses are quite different, Nom Sod's being more prominent.

post-249774-0-35775300-1461830336_thumb.

CSI La version post-249774-0-46410100-1461830339_thumb.

Zaw at arrest post-249774-0-79307100-1461830340_thumb.

the key to the running man video is the height of the the person in the footage, it is extremely easy and accurate to work out if the footage is taken from a known fixed point and has another fixed reference point in the footage of which there are many

Both the accused are tiny men even by Asian standards and it would be a very simple task to work out the exact height of the man seen in the footage, it is also worth noting that the cctv footage was released very early in the investigation while Panya was still involved, I suspect nobody would ever have known of its existence had it been discovered later

But of course this is just something else the police neglected to follow up on

the key to the running man video is the height of the the person in the footage, it is extremely easy and accurate to work out if the footage is taken from a known fixed point and has another fixed reference point in the footage of which there are many

Both the accused are tiny men even by Asian standards and it would be a very simple task to work out the exact height of the man seen in the footage, it is also worth noting that the cctv footage was released very early in the investigation while Panya was still involved, I suspect nobody would ever have known of its existence had it been discovered later

If it was so extremely easy and accurate one might think that Andy Hall could have provided that information during his testimony in SEP 2015 which included gait analysis.

CPoFabpUcAAes2k.jpg

The thing that I find odd is that (whoever he is) running man is walking/running for around two hours with only shorts/pants on, topless and no shoes. That is what we have seen on the CCTV. No doubt there is more CCTV with him that we haven't seen. Surely this man would have known he would draw attention to himself by his continued half nakedness. In what situation would this be perceived to be the norm? Fire dancers maybe?

I agree, the image is very fuzzy and could be any Asian male, those long sideburns are on every third one. But would you agree the picture put out by CSI La has just a touch of definition around the nose, where he purposely altered it - using his own prior overlay, (as so kindly provided by Smedly, did he think it was Zaw?) to subtly enhance the nose into Nom Sod's?

The noses are quite different, Nom Sod's being more prominent.

what exactly are you accusing me of, I am not a member of CSI La, I have never posted there and have never posted photos relating the Koh Toa murders on any site including this one, I take great offence at your accusations

If it was so extremely easy and accurate one might think that Andy Hall could have provided that information during his testimony in SEP 2015 which included gait analysis.

CPoFabpUcAAes2k.jpg

why don't you ask him, I don't know the man and have never had any direct contact with him

There is really nothing in that video that suggests that it must in some way be of persons involved in the crimes that occurred nearby and at the same time or that it must be one of 2 persons A or B and, if it isn't one, it must be the other.

Archived