Honey? Don't.

JSixpack

As I hear honey being recommended as a sweetener here now and then, thought I'd post results of a new study:

Consumption of Honey, Sucrose, and High-Fructose Corn Syrup Produces Similar Metabolic Effects in Glucose-Tolerant and -Intolerant Individuals

Body weight and serum glucose, insulin, inflammatory markers, and total and LDL-cholesterol concentrations were significantly higher in the IGT group than in the GT group at baseline. Glucose, insulin, HOMA-IR, and the OGTT iAUC for glucose or insulin did not differ by treatment, but all responses were significantly higher in the IGT group compared with the GT group.

Honey don't fruit don't everything don't . No word on what type of honey was used? Probably a variety from a plastic squeeze bottle. It is a well known fact that honey has antibacterial properties a certain type of honey reduces inflammation.

You need to get organic unpasteurized honey for that. There's one brand here in Thailand from Australia i think. Pasteurized honey has been stripped of anything good in it.

Archived