BANGKOK 23 May 2019 09:40

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

Pai police arrest three French women found in possession of heroin

Pai police arrest three French women found in possession of heroin

post-137452-0-43334600-1461593641_thumb.

Formidable! Thai police arrest three French druggies. Image: Daily News

PAI:-- Mae Hong Son police have announced the arrest of three middle aged French women who were stopped in the northern province carrying heroin.

Acting on a tip off, police from Pai laid in wait on the road around Wat Nam Hu. When the foreigners arrived on motorcycles they were promptly searched and the drugs were found in eight tubes weighing 34 grams, reports Daily News.

The women said they had bought the drugs from hill tribes in nearby Ya Po and were intending to use the heroin themselves and sell a portion of it to friends.

Arrested were Renee Julienne (sic), 58, Sabine Lapad (sic), 47, and Miriam Baret (sic), 42. The three French women were detained Saturday as investigations continue.

Source: Daily News

The number of idiots in this world never ceases to amaze.

How anyone can be so stupid as to act this way in this day and age is beyond me.

I have never bought, sold or used heroin but even I know that acting in the manner these fools did could only end in tears.

Enjoy the rest of your lives in a Thai prison ladies.

I know very little of drug culture. But ...they certainly look like users...and old enough to know better - I have no sympathy or so they can understand....Je n'ai aucune sympathie...

Perhaps backpackers from yesteryear...finding out that things have changed. They look like users, rather than peddlers.

Another stupid french citizen who believe all is possible in Thailand....

Welcome to Bangkok Hilton.....

Aside from actually being foolish enough to be in possession of drugs in Thailand, the worst mistake they have made is saying that they were going to sell some of it to friends.

Should have just said they were intending to use it themselves and themselves only. I understand that 34 grams would be a hell of session but it's not the kind of amount you'd be purchasing to undertake a huge dealing enterprise.

Funny that they still exist French junkies, thought they where an extinct breed.

What's with my compatriots and drugs lately? after the guy busted for growing weed...

Perhaps backpackers from yesteryear...finding out that things have changed. They look like users, rather than peddlers.

Agreed! Looks like they were trying to relive a bit of the old 'hippie trail' and they are of such a vintage that they could well be reliving' their younger days.

Shame for them, no one warned them of the severe penalties they face or that times, and tolerance to hard drugs have moved on a lot since those days. Looks like their holiday could be 'extended' in a most unpleasant way unless they've got the cash for the pay off as it does seem a tad odd that the coppers were lying in wait for them unless there's been a set up here....

Heroin and Opium were staple favourites of travellers through Northern Thailand and the Golden Triangle. Some of the travel literature from the time talks of little else when it comes to travelling through this area.

MOM!!!!!!

You don't look a day over 40.

Don't worry, you will get free massages and mango shakes in prison. Remember to ask for gluten-free!!!!!