Pai police arrest three French women found in possession of heroin

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you juge them !!! are you in them shoes ? do you like if somebody will come and comment about your life and sometimes the not so smart choices that you make !!! when yourself or your friends get drunk to death ??? or the bad thing that you make to people (sometimes without to realize ) ?

Its always easy to juge from outside the situation..this world need LOVE ans UNDERSTANDING...(why do you think people look in drugs an other way to be happy ?) everybody is free to make what he want with his life by the moment he don't hurt and damage the others.......FREEDOM....don't you like IT ?

Apart that : have a nice day and don't forget to love yourself and maybe just a little more the others TOO ...The World need urgently compassion and peace in our heart.....dont you ?

Everybody can live their lifes within the boundries of the law. If you break them you get punished. Love and understanding will not change that. Do you also feel love for the killers, rapists, extremists of this world? I wonder how you survive in this planet...

I have mixed feelings about this. I have been up there many times, and the hill tribes people swarm down on you selling Heroin, marijuana, Opium. Several occasions they have been so messed up they could hardly walk.

I don't understand why it is legal for them to use it and sell it, but illegal for foreigners to buy it? It goes on in broad daylight in the open. Everyone knows it. The police are there with them? What gives with this?

Does anyone know the answer? I am curious.

Your questions will not be answered. Welcome to Thailand.

They look like they could not care less.

that's because they are smacked out on high quality white heroin. it will soon wear off, and they will be hurtin' for certain. nothing is quite like kicking a high quality white heroin habit.

Yes, but himself has an opinion on everything, he knows everything about everything and him judge ...

Agree with you on the addiction that leads to inconsistent acts. But clearly in this case, these three people do not cause harm to others.
On this principle do not worry too much. French diplomacy does not abandon his compatriots in distress will intervene discreetly with his counterpart Thai.
And all-too discreetly these 3 people will be offered a one way to Paris at condition to never come back.
Those who rejoice misfortune of others will be for their expenses without even knowing it. Let's have a little compassion for them ...

I have no compassion for these idiots. You reap what you sow.

Compassion is a human quality ... possessed mainly by balanced, joyful, satisfied and loving person! rolleyes.gif

It is also reserved for the deserving.

These people knowingly broke the law, as I said I have no experience with heroin, but even I could see the potential for a set up in this deal.

Stupidity is it's own reward.

I don't take pleasure for the situation they are in but I don't feel much sympathy either.

Few months before was Canadian man who is nabbed with heroin http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/897440-canadian-nabbed-for-heroin-dealing-in-pai/ now this story?! That is strange the police could not arest Thai tribe to not dealing heroin any more..

30 years ago I was told there was an agreement between DEA agencies and the hill tribes. These agents are from a number of countries not just the US.

The tribes sold the drugs then passed on the buyers description and amount purchased to DEA. The tribes were then paid an equivalent amount as compensation.

Drugs are for mugs!

Really? Tell that to cancer patients and thie terminally ill.

Why would you make such a ridiculous statement when the discussion is CLEARLY about illegal drugs?

I often wonder what drugs some who post here are on themselves.

I'm with you Holy Cinema.

Mesdames! You can easily buy heroin in Marseille or in Paris 10 or 18 arrondissement! Why put yourself at risk in Thailand where you go to prison and will be fleeced by thai-police?!

u can kinda look at them and see they are most likely physically addicted and wanted a vacation.. where can u go on vacation and buy your supply and drink mango shakes for pretty cheap... prob wasnt their first rodeo and wanted a vacation

Few months before was Canadian man who is nabbed with heroin http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/897440-canadian-nabbed-for-heroin-dealing-in-pai/ now this story?! That is strange the police could not arest Thai tribe to not dealing heroin any more..

Its just business. Money comes into Thailand. It is designed to keep it here. Watch out. All's fair in love and war, and we may as well add, in law and commerce.

Duck. They may be coming for you.

While these ladies of course should of known better than to do what they did, I can't help but think the real crime here is that the cops didn't bother to bust, you know, the groups supplying heroin?

We all know why they won't though to it is a moot point.

Looks to me they've been doing that shit Waay too long. May save their life

I'm hoping my brother can get help also. he has just lost his job and his wife and kids, his drug of choice is very addictive and super dangerous and is the cause of so much crime and violence, death and destruction, yet oddly enough, it's legal.

He's a pisshead.

The number of idiots in this world never ceases to amaze.

How anyone can be so stupid as to act this way in this day and age is beyond me.

I have never bought, sold or used heroin but even I know that acting in the manner these fools did could only end in tears.

They act that way because they are addicts! If you never used and never lost everything, there is no way you could understand. They should have never admitted that they were going to sell a portion. People should never talk to Police in a criminal case without legal representation.

Yes, but himself has an opinion on everything, he knows everything about everything and him judge ...

Agree with you on the addiction that leads to inconsistent acts. But clearly in this case, these three people do not cause harm to others.

On this principle do not worry too much. French diplomacy does not abandon his compatriots in distress will intervene discreetly with his counterpart Thai.

And all-too discreetly these 3 people will be offered a one way to Paris at condition to never come back.

Those who rejoice misfortune of others will be for their expenses without even knowing it. Let's have a little compassion for them ...

They have harmed themselves, their families and friends who will miss them for a very long time. They are also a financial burdon on Thai citizens that see their taxes increase from the increased, incarceration expenses.

Aside from actually being foolish enough to be in possession of drugs in Thailand, the worst mistake they have made is saying that they were going to sell some of it to friends.

In fairness, that might have simply been what it said in the Thai confession they were all made to sign without knowing what it was.

thumbsup.gif

Who MADE them sign it ?

You are within your rights to refuse to sign anything, more so because you cannot understand it.

I have been there, and done it, although not for something as serious as drugs.

So, you go to court, and you have confessed to the crime. You then tell the head of the court that the Thai police 'forced' you to sign, they categorically deny any force was used.

Your word against a high ranking member of the RTP, you have no chance whatsoever, you have admitted guilt, and you will be sentenced accordingly.

If it gets into the court system, as I am sure it will, you also have ZERO chance of buying your way out of it.

Who knows who made them sign it? I'm simply saying it's a reasonable option in Thailand where your rights are pretty well jack shit and the police can almost do what they like.

If you're locked in a room with a Thai copper who says sign here or we'll "find" another kilo in your bag, what would you do? Especially if you're the sort of gormless bint who rides around Thailand carrying a bag of H.

Aside from actually being foolish enough to be in possession of drugs in Thailand, the worst mistake they have made is saying that they were going to sell some of it to friends.

In fairness, that might have simply been what it said in the Thai confession they were all made to sign without knowing what it was.

thumbsup.gif

Who MADE them sign it ?

You are within your rights to refuse to sign anything, more so because you cannot understand it.

I have been there, and done it, although not for something as serious as drugs.

So, you go to court, and you have confessed to the crime. You then tell the head of the court that the Thai police 'forced' you to sign, they categorically deny any force was used.

Your word against a high ranking member of the RTP, you have no chance whatsoever, you have admitted guilt, and you will be sentenced accordingly.

If it gets into the court system, as I am sure it will, you also have ZERO chance of buying your way out of it.

Who knows who made them sign it? I'm simply saying it's a reasonable option in Thailand where your rights are pretty well jack shit and the police can almost do what they like.

If you're locked in a room with a Thai copper who says sign here or we'll "find" another kilo in your bag, what would you do? Especially if you're the sort of gormless bint who rides around Thailand carrying a bag of H.

No Chicog, I would not sign it, but I have previous experience.

If you were to write, 'I do not understand, I cannot read Thai', before signing it, there is a fair chance you would get a more favourable outcome, but signing it without is like signing your own prison sentence.

If you went to your bank, and they asked you to sign a letter, written in Thai, which you did not understand, related to your life savings, would you sign it ? I am sure you would not, even if you trusted the bank manager.

So to sign a document, presented to you, by someone you definitely do not trust, is ludicrous, especially when you are aware that it will play a big part of the rest of your life.

To say that only harmed themselves is a very dead wrong statement.

The Thai laws are there to protect the Thai society from the the likes of these aliens who create the demand for narcotic and put also themselves in the supply chain too; now they become distributors too; working n the drug distribution business.

According to the Thai law this is deserving of death by execution and I understand the Thai law objectives from this harsh sentence, that is the protection of the Thai society. To speculate that the French government could spare them is very dis-respectful of the Thai laws and society in general. Does that means that because they French they will be pardoned and have a run over the Thai government and society laws and forms?

I bet you this is not the case, at most they might be able to reduce their sentence but not their freedom, you have no idea of the scale of this legal criminal problem.

The number of idiots in this world never ceases to amaze.

How anyone can be so stupid as to act this way in this day and age is beyond me.

I have never bought, sold or used heroin but even I know that acting in the manner these fools did could only end in tears.

They act that way because they are addicts! If you never used and never lost everything, there is no way you could understand. They should have never admitted that they were going to sell a portion. People should never talk to Police in a criminal case without legal representation.

They have harmed themselves, their families and friends who will miss them for a very long time. They are also a financial burdon on Thai citizens that see their taxes increase from the increased, incarceration expenses.

Funny that they still exist French junkies, thought they where an extinct breed.

In Western countries, the profile of addicts and users of all kinds has been getting older. And such users are less likely to accidentally overdose as they will be highly experienced.

It would appear that the folks who sold the heroin to the French ladies ratted them to the cops - the ethnic minorities grow and use opium and it always helps to keep the boys in brown happy so that they can continue to do so without fuss by informing on these hapless women. A win-win for all except the French ladies. And if anything it only goes to promote the growing of opium and therefore the supply of heroin.

Another stupid french citizen who believe all is possible in Thailand....

Welcome to Bangkok Hilton.....

So according to you the "stupid citizen" who are acting that way in Thailand are only from France ?

It's quite a biased and narrow way to see the reality of the situation. Just have a look at what is going on in Pattaya and you will see that the stupidity is the most shared thing in the World. It has no nationality.

I wonder if some opinions here would be different if these three were young, hard bodied French 'glamours' innocently travelling the world on their 'gap year'.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world a dead drug addicted pop star is being venerated by everyone from the POTUS down.

But then he got his 'legal' opioid drugs from a man in a white coat and not from a hill tribe in northern thailand,

The world will be a much safe place with these three banged up for the next 30 years. Another decisive victory in the long running Drug War.

It is a sad, strange world.

Pai, Pai , Pai, why is it always Pai, what is it with these hippy types?

At their age they should know better, on no its not their fault, its the ley lines and the crystals, they were on a voyage of self discovery trying to get in touch with their inner selves.

Foreigners, especially backpackers, no matter where they come from flog to Pai. Probably TAT campaigning abroad.

Archived