Office or Task Chair

inbangkok

This is a bit of a long shot, but......

I have back problems and am at my desk a lot. I have trouble finding a good chair because I am not that tall (173cm). Most chairs are made for taller people so I cannot sit straight up in the chair with my back in a neutral position as the seat is too long. I have to slouch a bit. Anyone else have the same problem? Has anyone else been successful in finding a good office or task chair? I have checked many of the stores in Central World and MBK, and while there is no shortage of good quality chairs, the seat is always designed for someone taller than me. I found one I liked that came in 3 sizes, but it was 55,0000 Baht which is a bit expensive. If I don't find a nice chair soon (and an affordable one), I will probably have to use a regular old kitchen table chair instead. Thanks!

In my opinion the best office chair you can get is the Herman Miller Aeron. I got mine from Siam Paragon in Bangkok from this company : https://aeron.chanintrliving.com/

It comes in multipe sizes and isn't cheap but it's going to put an end to your back problems, I think I paid about 45,000 for mine and they sent it to Hua Hin for a few thousand extra.

I've had it for a few years now and it's been 100% perfect. Prior to this I had a whole bunch of sub standard cheap crap which irritated my back and lasted anything from 3 months to a year.

This is Thailand - most cheaper chairs sold here are actually made for shorter people so that might be an option. If you need kidney support there are many that have adjustments or pillows to help at reasonable prices. But not sure have understood as you mention seat rather than back.

I bought a desk chair last November from a company called Bristol Furniture (Thailand) LTD., I had looked at several others but I decided on this one because of the back support. I am sure it is not in the same category as a Herman Miller chair but it is not in that price range either. They did make mine custom per my order but I am not sure of the selection of sizes. I paid 13,535.50 baht for mine delivered and the girl that I worked with named Moo speaks very good English and was a ton of help. They have a show room in the Q-House Ploenjit Building and the furniture is actually made in Malaysia. I have their phone number and website info and if you would like it private message me. I am very happy with the chair and it has a 5 year warranty also.

In my opinion the best office chair you can get is the Herman Miller Aeron. I got mine from Siam Paragon in Bangkok from this company : https://aeron.chanintrliving.com/

It comes in multipe sizes and isn't cheap but it's going to put an end to your back problems, I think I paid about 45,000 for mine and they sent it to Hua Hin for a few thousand extra.

I've had it for a few years now and it's been 100% perfect. Prior to this I had a whole bunch of sub standard cheap crap which irritated my back and lasted anything from 3 months to a year.

I have tried these and I like them. I would prefer not to spend that much.... But might need to I guess.

After I had some surgery, I needed a chair with some lower back support. I found one at Office Max (I think it's Office Max- it used to be Office Depot) for about 8,000 baht that has the lower back support I needed. At that price, I expected it to be expendable, but it's still supporting my back quite nicely after over a year.

They have a wide variety of office chairs from cheap to reasonable, and maybe one of them just happened to fit me. They have different inventory in each store and I scouted the 3 in my area around Asoke, in between visiting the 30-60,000 baht office furniture showrooms. I'd have paid whatever it took. I lucked out at 8K.

In any case, it was a life saver for me.

Many stores selling furniture along Lad Phrao Road....around soi 45 to 55 if I remember. You can likely find something there for a good price.

These stores do not appear to be office chair places however - mostly wood furniture or bar stool/kitchen chair type places. I have bought custom made furniture from them.

After I had some surgery, I needed a chair with some lower back support. I found one at Office Max (I think it's Office Max- it used to be Office Depot) for about 8,000 baht that has the lower back support I needed. At that price, I expected it to be expendable, but it's still supporting my back quite nicely after over a year.

They have a wide variety of office chairs from cheap to reasonable, and maybe one of them just happened to fit me. They have different inventory in each store and I scouted the 3 in my area around Asoke, in between visiting the 30-60,000 baht office furniture showrooms. I'd have paid whatever it took. I lucked out at 8K.

In any case, it was a life saver for me.

I think office max and office Depot are USA stores. Is is office mate you are referring to here in bkk?

After I had some surgery, I needed a chair with some lower back support. I found one at Office Max (I think it's Office Max- it used to be Office Depot)

I think office max and office Depot are USA stores. Is is office mate you are referring to here in bkk?

That's the one. Memory may not be the first thing to go, but I'm not sure. I recall it used to be called Office Depot, but they changed their name to Office Mate a few years back. Funny that it was just over my Songkran holiday spring cleaning that I had binned the receipt for the chair.

Thanks for the save.

The Ergohuman ones are good - http://ergohumanthailand.com/product-category/ergohuman/ I've had an Ergohuman 2 heavily used for around 18 months now and still going strong.

Last chair was a Herman Miller Aeron (in fact I still have it, but it needs a service - it's > 5 years old) but I personally prefer the EH2.

Current prices for EH2 of around 17k are very good compared to the international retail prices.

Review here - https://youtu.be/EMjJ0RVnFzQ

After I had some surgery, I needed a chair with some lower back support. I found one at Office Max (I think it's Office Max- it used to be Office Depot)

That's the one. Memory may not be the first thing to go, but I'm not sure. I recall it used to be called Office Depot, but they changed their name to Office Mate a few years back. Funny that it was just over my Songkran holiday spring cleaning that I had binned the receipt for the chair.

Thanks for the save.

I looked about a year ago and didn't find anything. I will look again as I am sure the stock has changed.

The Ergohuman ones are good - http://ergohumanthailand.com/product-category/ergohuman/ I've had an Ergohuman 2 heavily used for around 18 months now and still going strong.

Last chair was a Herman Miller Aeron (in fact I still have it, but it needs a service - it's > 5 years old) but I personally prefer the EH2.

Current prices for EH2 of around 17k are very good compared to the international retail prices.

Review here - https://youtu.be/EMjJ0RVnFzQ

Interesting, I might pick one of these up for myself. That EH2 model is a lot more adjustable than the Aeron at a fraction of the cost.

Archived