my girlfriend says she cannot manage on 25000 month

Vintage

My gf of 5 years with our 2 year old son and 9 year old daughter from a previous relationship says she is struggling to manage on 25k a month,no debt,house,motorbike all paid.

Issan villiage life.

Am I behind the times or is she squeezing me..

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than enough.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is talking from their behinds.

Give her not one baht more per month.

Maybe allow for annual extras such as school fees,minimal 2/3000 baht.

Motorbike road tax and Micky mouse insurance.

Bung her another 10 k a year to cover these things.

Put cash aside for your child in a separate bank and give it to him when he is older.

Troll or not 25 k is plenty.

Sorry I forgot to mention the secret bank account that she will also have with a few thousand baht tucked aside from when you were together.

After recently splitting with my long term girlfriend she alerted me to the fact that in our 7 years of being together I had spent 10 million baht,which to be honest isn't a lot really it's £200,000 pounds but I had not a clue nor did I care what I'd spent,I would have spent the same had I a have lived in the UK in that time,probably more.

If you are living with her it is proble she is strugling, Two adults one income school fees and decent food electricity and water can easily use this, If she is on her own 12000 should be closer.

I agree completely with that,my assumptions and comments were based on her living alone with 2 children do bear that in mind.

If I was at home with my family my out goings would be more like 60-70,000 baht a month.

Just ask her for an itemised breakdown of her expenses.

Then explain to her how to economise.

Like not spending fortunes calling her farang boyfriends for example.

Or giving her Thai boyfriend drinking and gambling money.

While we're away in the UK our maid is getting 500 sterling (about 25K THB) from us per month, all for going to the house and condo every week, giving them the 'once over', so she's getting 25K THB for four - six days work a month (though she is on 'standby' for emergencies and sending bits to the missus when needed).

She is usually 'live in' but is living the 'Life of Riley' in a nice room near her pals in Khlong Tan, going out to the local singasong bar a couple of times a month, scoffing the local market empty, and sitting getting pssst with her pals most nights....both times we've paid her she's still had money at the end of the month and that is partying it up a bit in Bangkok (albeit a cheap area).

I'd say your missus is having a giggle unless she's gambling, partying every night (even on a small scale) or worst case scenario, running around with a toyboy and supporting his 'fun' with your money.

Apologies if that last part is harsh but in such cases is not an unheard of scenario and is often the proverbial 'Rhinoceros in the Room' in such cases.

I do not live with her she lives with the 2 children.The 9 year old attends the villiage school.

Her parents live next door but are not fully dependant on her.

Why are you paying someone to be your gf?

Why do you feel the need to support children that aren't yours and don't live with you?

Actually I don't believe the statistic. It depends on how you define a "family" I would say the figure was nearer 25/30000 Baht. Still means she should be able to "survive". Maybe the boyfriend has developed some expensive habits?

While we're away in the UK our maid is getting 500 sterling (about 25K THB) from us per month

But what do you pay the butler and the chauffeur?

The driver we used from time to time is from a pool at work so nothing, bar the odd tip at Christmas, New Year and Songkhran or if he's done me a good turn like picking me up when I've had a few too many.

I put the wife through a driving school to do the day-to-day driving as I thought she'd get away with more from the fuzz than I would as I'm a bleedin' dreadful driver.

Sadly we only have the one domestic staff, the maid, who was an old friend of ours who lost her job at one of our favourite restaurants when they closed so we employed to make the missus' life a tad easier when the kids are still young and at that destructive stage. She was so good at her job that even now the kids have grown up a bit we kept her on plus she's almost one of the family and is excellent with the kids.

OP is a troll, though i do hear there are some foreigners this ignorant of thailand and thai culture here.

Troll he maybe but you are spot on in the rest of your post. chances are very real that there is someone in exactly the same boat as the OP either is in, or pretended to be in who could use this thread and the info here.

Archived