my girlfriend says she cannot manage on 25000 month

Vintage

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you don't know about Isaan family life and the mums who do go to work for 200bht a day eh...smile.png

Thats pretty cool there is no housework to be done and the kids are self sufficient.

Don't be silly....rolleyes.gif

Seriously dude?

Child is born they have to, at least for the first couple years, have to watch them every second of every day 24/7.

Extremely rare to non existant is the guy thats had to do that. No guy really has any comprehension of that, even if you are the worlds greatest father and along side them the whole time, still cant really grasp what every second 24/7 for a couple years does

As for the sending them out to work for 200 baht a day, dude, who cares, I spend that much on take away coffee a day

I give to my wife 25000 every month to pay our expenses, that's includes 9000 car payment, 4500 house rent, all utilities, gasoline and food.

No kids around..and we live in Phayao, a nice small town in North Thailand.

No addictions, just a buffet meal in a nice restaurant 2 times a month, and a sporadic weekend out of town in Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai. Max... another 7000 month with my expenses.

But...kids may be expensive..or not?

25,000 a month gives a luxurious life in Isaan to feed all neighbors.

Unlike Bangkok where it's 500 baht for a meal, in Isaan you can eat for 20 baht per meal. I know this because I just had it today in Udon Thani.

I dont think you can eat a meal at any restaurant in Udon for 20 baht. And if it is a noodle shop, then it certainly does not cost over 50-60 Baht in Bangkok.
35 baht for moo noodle soup in Udon, Soi farang

let just state the fact that Thailand and that includes Issan too is just not as cheap anymore than it used to be!

while 25k is not a small amount of money, it doesn't go as long as it used to for sure.

and particular congrats for those who has finances with kid(s) living on 6k a month.

my family of 3 surely cant....or even if could survive on 3 cups noodle soup each I just don't want to have that life for me or them.

not a rich guy myself, but if that would be the best I could offer them, I would not feel good about myself, and would question why to have a family in the first place?!

one need to think what barely existence or living a life means. here just like in the west. and what you want for your "loved"? one...

let just state the fact that Thailand and that includes Issan too is just not as cheap anymore than it used to be!

while 25k is not a small amount of money, it doesn't go as long as it used to for sure.

and particular congrats for those who has finances with kid(s) living on 6k a month.

my family of 3 surely cant....or even if could survive on 3 cups noodle soup each I just don't want to have that life for me or them.

not a rich guy myself, but if that would be the best I could offer them, I would not feel good about myself, and would question why to have a family in the first place?!

one need to think what barely existence or living a life means. here just like in the west. and what you want for your "loved"? one...

Of course it's not,Thai immigration stipulate that an expat father supporting a Thai child need 400,000 baht for a one year extension of stay.

That equates to 33,333 baht per month.

But answer me this,does an average Thai earn or require 33,333 baht per month if not and it is a NOT regarding their earnings,then surely they are being discriminated against buy their own people are they not.

Not forgetting single expat retirees need double that for a 1 year extension of stay how can it be that one person needs more than a family ?

Both situations and people are exposed to the same issues,health care,housing,bills and numerous other expenses are they not.

Thank you some good comments here all pointing to the fact she can manage on the 25000Bht a month and does not need more,i thought as much but wanted other opinions.As some posters say its nice for her to have a decent standard of living rather than just existing especially with children to consider.

I tend to visit thailand for 2 weeks every couple of months and have never really considered how they live,i like to enjoy life when i am here as i work hard in the uk maybe she has seen this pattern of spending and thinks its time she had more?

Thank you some good comments here all pointing to the fact she can manage on the 25000Bht a month and does not need more,i thought as much but wanted other opinions.As some posters say its nice for her to have a decent standard of living rather than just existing especially with children to consider.

I tend to visit thailand for 2 weeks every couple of months and have never really considered how they live,i like to enjoy life when i am here as i work hard in the uk maybe she has seen this pattern of spending and thinks its time she had more?

The bottom line is you send what you can afford to and what you are comfortable with,but rest assured it will never be enough how ever much you send,and irrespective of how you live when there it shouldn't influence your decision on how much you send in my opinion.

Good luck either way.

Of course it's not,Thai immigration stipulate that an expat father supporting a Thai child need 400,000 baht for a one year extension of stay.

That equates to 33,333 baht per month.

But answer me this,does an average Thai earn or require 33,333 baht per month if not and it is a NOT regarding their earnings,then surely they are being discriminated against buy their own people are they not.

Not forgetting single expat retirees need double that for a 1 year extension of stay how can it be that one person needs more than a family ?

Both situations and people are exposed to the same issues,health care,housing,bills and numerous other expenses are they not.

The assumption is that a retiree is here entirely on his own dime, while a man here on a marriage extension of stay has some income from the wife to rely on as well.

Until a few years back, the combined income of husband and wife could be used for the income qualification on an extension of stay based on marriage, if one was using the income method.

I'm living in a little village in Issan - Sakon Nakhon province - with my wife and , at the beginning three children but now only one and six dogs;

house and pickup already paid ;

I give to her 16,000 baht each month and it's enough ; she asked me at the beginning, 10 years ago, some money ten days before the end of the month; I answered ; ok, no problem but you will have 16,000 meno that money next month ...

She can understand very quickly cheesy.gif ;

I know she gives some money each month to her parents who are living in the same village as us . So I know we can live on less than 16,000 baht a month .

I don't smoke, I don't drink alcool and I must speak thai or Issan-lao because she cannot speak a foreign language .

personally i think she is squeezing you. If this was Bangkok, then maybe, just maybe, i would believe. But this is Isaan, where a friend of mine (single mom) is earning around B20,000 and feed her parents, one child and still manages housing and car installments!

i may be wrong as OP's inputs are not enough, but still.....

Since the ploughing and sowing season is upon us shortly I suggest that she roams the rice fields to compliment your stipend with some hard earned cash. At the same time this should reduce her spending as she will be busy working the fields rather than visiting the shopping malls....thumbsup.gif

Sorry I forgot to mention the secret bank account that she will also have with a few thousand baht tucked aside from when you were together.

After recently splitting with my long term girlfriend she alerted me to the fact that in our 7 years of being together I had spent 10 million baht,which to be honest isn't a lot really it's £200,000 pounds but I had not a clue nor did I care what I'd spent,I would have spent the same had I a have lived in the UK in that time,probably more.

Maaaate! You've got to stop smoking those tea bags, 120,000 baht a month is living high on the hog in Thailand and 25K a month is just being greedy! Some of us actually spend quite a bit more, but we know where its spent and why!

Why does the expression "a fool and his money......" come to mind? smile.pngwink.pngfacepalm.gifwai.gif

Yes I'd like to see a break down of which countries guys are from that say 25K is too much

Got nothing to do with where we come from, we are talking about Isaan, where l live, so I do have an insight as to how folk live and above all manage.

Why do you think a vast number of Isaan ladies get involved with a farang....?

Cash flow, that's it.......

And why do you think a vast number of elderly farangs travel across the oceans to shack up with a poorly educated village girl in rural thailand....?

Exploitation?? No, just a barter, young maiden in exchange for economic benefits to the whole family!

Dump her or it will cost you much more later.

She is pure greed as most are.

Has money disappeared from your bank account? If so, she has found a way to get it.

I can't understand why men just can't live by themselves. They go from 1 expensive disaster to another and NEVER learn.

Perhaps you could kindly explain to your humble lady that I lived on 5,500 baht a month " all in " with my lavish Farang lifestyle for years in Thailand ......

Greetings to all our viewers!

Your lovable Thai Visa friend...? ? ? x

25,000 a month gives a luxurious life in Isaan to feed all neighbors.

Unlike Bangkok where it's 500 baht for a meal, in Isaan you can eat for 20 baht per meal. I know this because I just had it today in Udon Thani.

500 baht a meal in Bkk, you must be eating a lot of food.. I manage very well for less than 100 baht, my self and my wife eat breakfast for around 150.........

Dump her or it will cost you much more later.

She is pure greed as most are.

Has money disappeared from your bank account? If so, she has found a way to get it.

I can't understand why men just can't live by themselves. They go from 1 expensive disaster to another and NEVER learn.

As are most, including Farang women.. ahahahhhahaah

Archived