my girlfriend says she cannot manage on 25000 month

Vintage

He was simply asking how that amount would work for a lady with the situation he described in Issan.

Calling him a mug? That's just plain rude.

And the answer to that question would be 3,000bht a month. Like all the other farming families.

But remember, most of the rural family groups will consist of 3 or 4 adults per dwelling, her living alone is unusual.

Adding to that, most of them are earning at the rate of 100-150bht/day, nobody is giving them money for sitting around.

(Assuming the average rural income of 3,000bht per adult)

25k = mug

The most important. What are you getting back for the money you give per month
Today there are 25,000 ฿, next month there are maybe 30,000 ฿ etc.
better for you to start a new life with a new girl
cost of living in Isaan
Salaries And Financing
Average Monthly Disposable Salary (Net After Tax) 9,550.00 ฿ per month

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My girl can live on 7,000 a month with one teenager and is more than happy. 12,000 - 15,000 I would say if you had car and air at the most. 25,000 she is helping a few family members, drinking, smoking and gambling?

your gf lives with a teenager, pays rent, all expenses, motorbike, food, clothes for 2 people, shoes, telefon, internet and not need for than 7000 Baht? this is then a Troll post, never ever, and for sure she would not be your gf,

No rent shack is paid for. No Internet. Its tight but it can be done. When something breaks or need repairs then she needs help of course. No troll post as i said 12,000 would be spot on for a great Thai life in village. But not all a rich and not all waste money. $25,000 is way over. Unless cars big school fees or something else.

If the guy was not giving her 25k she would have a job of some sort earning 200bht a day, not the 800+ she has now. Mum would be looking after the kids, that's how folk do it here.

Seeing stuff in LOS over many years I can guarantee if he ups the amount now in the future it will be asked to up again...

I know a few who had to much in there pocket and got on the "cards" train, get hooked, lose and keep going back more and lose again. Not saying this is happening with the OP but.....

blink.png If the guy was not giving her 25k she would have a job of some sort earning 200bht

Pleasread carefully.

with our 2 year old son

Son for you its nothing?

blink.png

its OP son..

You are one of the reasons frarangs are being ripped off...

Sorry my english so poor

so can you give me meaning "frarang" .. not see this is word in any English dictonary..

And I am sorry you be being ripped off..

It's not my fault

but i am so sorry ,, sad.png

Your English it not poor, it is abysmal.

But, if you want is a prostitute, carry on with the Slappers !

If the guy was not giving her 25k she would have a job of some sort earning 200bht a day, not the 800+ she has now. Mum would be looking after the kids, that's how folk do it here.

Seeing stuff in LOS over many years I can guarantee if he ups the amount now in the future it will be asked to up again...

I know a few who had to much in there pocket and got on the "cards" train, get hooked, lose and keep going back more and lose again. Not saying this is happening with the OP but.....

blink.png If the guy was not giving her 25k she would have a job of some sort earning 200bht

Pleasread carefully.

with our 2 year old son

Son for you its nothing?

blink.png

its OP son..

You are one of the reasons frarangs are being ripped off...

Sorry my english so poor

so can you give me meaning "frarang" .. not see this is word in any English dictonary..

And I am sorry you be being ripped off..

It's not my fault

but i am so sorry ,, sad.png

sad.png

Sorry but is so bad my English?

Some in TV say cant understand. I try my best..

I do not understand who you called?

rolleyes.gif

You talking about GF OP? Or what?

@49

he

Do you even live in Thailand ?

I seems you are running out of words to have a conversation

I lived here in Thailand for over T10 years, six of those years was living in Sukhothai in the farm where she was born and raised. I met her here when she was 7 months pregnant from her first marriage which was not legal. The husband died in a accident before knowing she was pregnant with his son. I was there in the hospital when he was born and a few years ago finally was able to adopt him officially. We now also have another son and I treat both of them exactly the same. Whenever people especially Thais find out he isn't my blood and watch him and I together they wonder how I could love him the way I do since he isn't my blood. There was a time I wonder myself but one day I met a Monk and he told me " being able to father a child does not give them a exclusive right to love " I treat and give the same to both of my son.

Today we live in Chon Buri, my wife and I have been through a lot it hasn't been all Sabai, many of the things I speak of we both have been through it and today are better off from it. She understand more how foreigners think and I for sure have found out how Thai think.

I am due to be in Thailand in 10 days and after all this helpful advice i will be keeping her money at 25k month and explaining why.I have a lot of information now from the answers you have all given if it doesn't satisfy her it has certainly convinced me.

In the past i assumed 3 people every day 500bht thats 15000 month food and drinks,1500 ac electric,500bht water,1000bht school snacks and after school money and the other 7000bht she could do whatever she wanted with it including transport costs,medicine,cosmetics,parents ect.

Thats a lot more than just giving enough money to exist or live the same as her neighbours.

Looks like i have a greedy girl and she's not going to win by extracting more money for no reason other than she thinks she can.

Neither am i going to leave her and miss out on having a good relationship with my son over money issues and throw a 5 year relationship away.

I am due to be in Thailand in 10 days and after all this helpful advice i will be keeping her money at 25k month and explaining why.I have a lot of information now from the answers you have all given if it doesn't satisfy her it has certainly convinced me.

In the past i assumed 3 people every day 500bht thats 15000 month food and drinks,1500 ac electric,500bht water,1000bht school snacks and after school money and the other 7000bht she could do whatever she wanted with it including transport costs,medicine,cosmetics,parents ect.

Thats a lot more than just giving enough money to exist or live the same as her neighbours.

Looks like i have a greedy girl and she's not going to win by extracting more money for no reason other than she thinks she can.

Neither am i going to leave her and miss out on having a good relationship with my son over money issues and throw a 5 year relationship away.

Not 3 people 1 adault an two children!!

One of them its You 2 old son is it?

You never be in Thailand and do not know price?

You do not know and do not care what get your child?

what food etc?

you guess child eat 20 bath thai soup an rice?

For child no need diapers?

Need cloth?

Need toy?

You say have car need service and fuel?

after children grow up and needs also up. add class/ sport/ hobby

I'm just curious .. Do you care about you child?

Money its not all

You can give she eve 100k but I am not sure your child get healthy food and care ..

again:

1So how much YOU can spend for YOUR son an YOUR GF with her another children.

2 What type life YOU want for YOUR son and how much its costing in Thailand( isaan)

3 How much realy spend YOUR GF and what really give for YOUR son from money her get from YOU

4 How much spend average Thai ( isaan, villige, farmer) family.

Its FOUR DIFFERENT Thinks!!!

You Just come and cheked..

And i guess its must you do near 3 year ago..
and get on control until now..

She is Thai, the daughter is Thai, and the son is Luk Kreung.

Money does not change anyone's nationality.

When the daughter (who is Thai) reaches her teenage years, and the OP tries to show some authority, as in telling her she should not be doing this or that, her answer will be '<deleted> off, you are not my father'.

That will be the appreciation he gets for throwing money at them, to, as you say, keep them up with the Jones'.

And for your information, the same doctors treat people on the 30 baht scheme, as well as the extortionate private hospitals.

So after years of supporting an adopted child, you should have the right, to what control their lives?

A biological child would be different in that respect how exactly?

Have kids they are going to take the parents for granted, maybe pretend to listen, but end up doing there own thing.

This is the way you were when you were younger, we all were. Not like any of us had a clue when we were little about the finances.

So she has a kid from a previous guy, thai guys dont want women that already have a kid, only silly falangs will go there? - Its not like that kid has any choice in the matter, what does any of that nasty sentiment have to do with the kid?

Make her use an app like Spending Tracker and you can review where every baht goes. She could inflate her numbers but that should be easy to spot. I use it to track my own spending and I can tell you where every penny has gone for the past two years including every one the GF got which comes in real handy when her memory gets fuzzy.

Yes. Relationship will bloom. Who cares how much you pay? Everyone will have their opinion. Are you happy? Sounds as if you are suspicious. Talk to her or ask TV Forum? Good luck.

I don't know who you are talking too (or what your poorly constructed sentences are designed to convey) but the OP is the one with suspicions asking for help. If his GF is ripping him off he has the duty to investigate. If you think letting people steal from you promotes a healthy relationship you have a skewed perspective and are the one in need of luck.

Tell her to get a job then.

Her job is being a mother to his children. The reason she is with him is because she doesn't have to get a job! It she had to get a job why would she be with him.

I seem to recall my mother achieved both, and here in Thailand the extended family should make that somewhat easier.

She is with him for the 25k she does get, soon to be more, which helps to fill her time.

what food etc?

Need cloth?

Need toy?

Money its not all

You can give she eve 100k but I am not sure your child get healthy food and care ..

again:

2 What type life YOU want for YOUR son and how much its costing in Thailand( isaan)

3 How much realy spend YOUR GF and what really give for YOUR son from money her get from YOU

@Ardo !

You're English is improving the more this thread develops ! Wow , what's your secret !

what food etc?

Need cloth?

Need toy?

Money its not all

again:

@Ardo !

You're English is improving the more this thread develops ! Wow , what's your secret !

Beverages Article Quantity Price Current Previous month Nestle Pure Life water 6 x 1,5 l 49.00 THB 49.00 THB Cola 6 x 2 l 207.00 THB 207.00 THB Leo beer 12 x 0,63 l 584.00 THB 584.00 THB Mont Clair red wine 0,75 l 299.00 THB 299.00 THB Tipco orange juice 3 x 1 l 165.00 THB 179.00 THB Thai rum: Sang Som 0,7 l 275.00 THB 275.00 THB Nescafe Red Cup coffee 200 g 129.00 THB 129.00 THB Lipton Yellow Lable tea bags 100 x 2 g 180.00 THB 174.00 THB See graphic of price trends Fruits and vegetables Article Quantity Price Current Previous month Sweet papaya kg 35.00 THB 35.00 THB Pineapple one 32.00 THB 29.00 THB Bananas Hand (ca. 2,5 kg) 69.00 THB 69.00 THB Mango (Nam Dok Mai) kg 39.00 THB 38.00 THB Apples kg 85.00 THB 79.00 THB Soup potatos kg 39.00 THB 26.00 THB Large onions kg 39.00 THB 35.00 THB Carrots kg 29.00 THB 26.00 THB Broccoli kg 69.00 THB 85.00 THB Oak leaf lettuce kg 159.00 THB 89.00 THB Large tomatoes kg 28.00 THB 19.00 THB Small tomatoes kg 28.00 THB 25.00 THB Small cucumber kg 32.00 THB 21.00 THB Leek kg 89.00 THB 49.00 THB Chinese garlic kg 110.00 THB 95.00 THB Chili kg 140.00 THB 79.00 THB See graphic of price trends Fish and meat Article Quantity Price Current Previous month Mrigal Rohu kg 38.00 THB 38.00 THB Snakehead kg 149.00 THB 129.00 THB Salmon fillet kg 855.00 THB 695.00 THB Walking catfish kg 69.00 THB 69.00 THB Tilapia kg 70.00 THB 59.00 THB White shrimp kg 199.00 THB 209.00 THB 1 kg + cleaned squid kg 249.00 THB 229.00 THB Thai beef muscle meat kg 265.00 THB 285.00 THB Pork loin kg 153.00 THB 139.00 THB Chicken drumstick kg 62.00 THB 61.00 THB Skinless chicken breast kg 86.00 THB 86.00 THB NZ leg of lamb kg 275.00 THB 285.00 THB AU lamb rack kg 490.00 THB 420.00 THB See graphic of price trends Miscellaneous Article Quantity Price Current Previous month Italian salami TGM 1054 g 753.00 THB 735.00 THB BMP pork sausage 1 kg 240.00 THB 240.00 THB CP pressed ham 500 g 220.00 THB 139.00 THB Meiji fresh milk 0,83 l 45.00 THB 43.00 THB Imperial margarine 250 g 70.00 THB 70.00 THB Dutchie plain yogurt 4 x 150 g 49.00 THB 49.00 THB Anchor whipping cream 1 l 189.00 THB 199.00 THB Orchid butter OS 227 g 90.00 THB 90.00 THB Edam cheese by Emborg 1,9 kg 779.00 THB 779.00 THB White sugar 25 x 1 kg 545.00 THB 545.00 THB Agnesi penne pasta 500 g 76.00 THB 69.00 THB UFM flour 1 kg 34.00 THB 34.00 THB Drungtip salt 1 kg 13.00 THB 13.00 THB Sandee Hom Mali rice 25 kg 795.00 THB 795.00 THB Angoon soybean oil 5 l 210.00 THB 250.00 THB Oreo Sandwich Cookies 2 x 137 g 45.00 THB 45.50 THB Force bread grain 350 g 69.00 THB 69.00 THB Baguette 220 g 29.00 THB 29.00 THB Ground white pepper 250 g 210.00 THB 175.00 THB Thai pepper powder 200 g 108.75 THB 108.75 THB Eggs 30 St. 90.00 THB 89.00 THB Nestle Ice Cream choc chip 420 g 65.00 THB 65.00 THB TK shrimp 200-242er kg 425.00 THB 470.00 THB Aro dory fish pangasius kg 159.00 THB 159.00 THB See graphic of price trends Household and cosmetics Article Quantity Price Current Previous month Mr. Muscle toilet cleaner Anti Limescale 3 x 0,5 l 117.00 THB 117.00 THB Mr. Muscle Glade tile cleaner 1,8 l 135.00 THB 135.00 THB Sunlight dishwashing liquid Lime 6 x 0,46 l 182.00 THB 172.00 THB Baygon mosquito + insects spray 3 x 600 g 282.00 THB 249.00 THB Day soft fabric softener 3 x 700 g 36.00 THB 36.00 THB Colgate toothpaste 160 g 81.00 THB 70.00 THB Lux body wash liquid soap 3 x 220 g 130.00 THB 169.00 THB Dettol Soap 4 x 70 g 39.00 THB 39.00 THB Pantene shampoo 950 g 233.00 THB 233.00 THB Omo detergent regular 3,5 kg 127.00 THB 165.00 THB See graphic of price trends Fuels Article Quantity Price Current Previous month Diesel 1 l 24.50 THB 22.50 THB 91er 1 l 32.17 THB 31.37 THB 95 gasohol 1 l 25.61 THB 24.81 THB 91 gasohol 1 l 25.19 THB 24.39 THB E20 1 l 23.09 THB 22.25 THB See graphic of price trends

posted on: 04.05.2016

what food etc?

Need cloth?

Need toy?

Money its not all

again:

@Ardo !

When one starts from zero...

@Ardo !

Thank you.

I just try do my best..

But grammar even language fatherland its not my best side.

I do not know why.
But read and understand the spoken word, much better than writing.
Even in Chinese

sad.png

SO try on Forum change it.biggrin.png

Tell her to get a job then.

Her job is being a mother to his children. The reason she is with him is because she doesn't have to get a job! It she had to get a job why would she be with him.

I seem to recall my mother achieved both, and here in Thailand the extended family should make that somewhat easier.

She is with him for the 25k she does get, soon to be more, which helps to fill her time.

If you recall that then you should also recall your mother doesn't live in Thailand. Which has nothing to do with the Thai culture. People have this thing that Asian culture extended family is going to solve everything it helps but it is not what all thing is suppose to be?

If you haven't read the BM has made a decision as to what he plans to do. What I have got from this conversation is lots of people throw out solution they have heard or read about and think it should apply here. What I've learn from my experience it doesn't in general.

m

A BM, ask if I live here. My answer is I've lived here close to 15 years, 5 of those were in Sukhothai in a farm owned by my wife family. We have a son together and when we first met in Sukhothai she was 7 month pregnant. Her first husband died before she knew she was pregnant and he was bored premature with only a 50/50 chance of survival. I was there for the birth and I'm the only father he knows. Several years ago I was finally able to complete the adoption. I treat and look at him as my really son.

All the things I express and what I know the BM will experience in the future I've gone through already and much much more. I wish him the best but he needs to brace himself as to what will come.

She's lying. And you're falling for it.

Apparently Many here in the blog have no idea of what they speak. Either there are only dull prejudice that Thais have to exist on a Minims standard of living when they are together with a foreigner, or many are miserable misers who see their partner as a costfactor.

To all theorists, such is the reality ......

10 Years in TH/ House/Car 4 Family- Members= cost for Family in Thailand on a average Lifestyle will be 40,000Baht/Month,or you punish yourself.

Alternative: Manage your partnership properly or go to Pattaya and hiding the salami every 2nd night for 1500Baht. What a sad life .....

could you give a breakdown on what you spend 40000 thb a month on.

its very easy:

1.Car - 200k per year( oil service , washing etc)its 16,5K

2. children eat scool money 50*22day* 2 children= 2200

3.children pocket money 300-700 *2 children=1000

4.one time per week go with family/son to cinem/ scate 1500*4= 6000

5.clothes/sport stuf/ toys/ some cosmetics(dauther) ets for children its near 20 -40k per yer so ok then30k- 2.5k per month

6.3 scooter near 2000-3000 per month ok then... 2500

7. one per week time go to makro/bigC etc just water meat( not any western style) etc its 2000 minimum so 4*2000=8000

8 electrosity 1100-1700 ok 1200

9 internet - 640

so how much total?

but its not any about clothes for me or fo wife.

not any restaraunt with wife.

not any hobby thinks

not beer

and many another..

and this NOT WESTERN STYLE!!!! even not near

Where are you getting your car serviced and washed? 16000+ a month?

Archived