BANGKOK 26 May 2019 14:02

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vintage

my girlfriend says she cannot manage on 25000 month

The statistics are pretty clear: Average Thai family (NOTE this word )except in Bangkok /Chiang Mai is c. 18000B a month

Actually I don't believe the statistic. It depends on how you define a "family" I would say the figure was nearer 25/30000 Baht. Still means she should be able to "survive". Maybe the boyfriend has developed some expensive habits?

5yrs & you're still paying

Oops....

Me thinks her brother ain't her brother

Are you living with her or are sending take care money each month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A one baht gold chain is around the 20,000 baht mark, leaving 5,000 baht. That really is not enough on which to survive.

While we're away in the UK our maid is getting 500 sterling (about 25K THB) from us per month

But what do you pay the butler and the chauffeur?

It would be helpful to have some statistics on living costs in Issan for a family of three.

Possibly breakdowns from your own living costs?

While we're away in the UK our maid is getting 500 sterling (about 25K THB) from us per month

Don't know but I bet she's maid up.

The driver we used from time to time is from a pool at work so nothing, bar the odd tip at Christmas, New Year and Songkhran or if he's done me a good turn like picking me up when I've had a few too many.

I put the wife through a driving school to do the day-to-day driving as I thought she'd get away with more from the fuzz than I would as I'm a bleedin' dreadful driver.

Sadly we only have the one domestic staff, the maid, who was an old friend of ours who lost her job at one of our favourite restaurants when they closed so we employed to make the missus' life a tad easier when the kids are still young and at that destructive stage. She was so good at her job that even now the kids have grown up a bit we kept her on plus she's almost one of the family and is excellent with the kids.

OP is a troll, though i do hear there are some foreigners this ignorant of thailand and thai culture here.

OP is a troll, though i do hear there are some foreigners this ignorant of thailand and thai culture here.

Troll he maybe but you are spot on in the rest of your post. chances are very real that there is someone in exactly the same boat as the OP either is in, or pretended to be in who could use this thread and the info here.

I would say 20,000 if alone with the kids, if your staying i would say 30,000 to 35,000 depending on how much you drink. If she loves you long time then I would say 40,000 is fair. If you don't stay with her and they are not your kid's i would say your mad.

It would be helpful to have some statistics on living costs in Issan for a family of three.

Possibly breakdowns from your own living costs?

You've just overstepped the troll mark. Well done.