my girlfriend says she cannot manage on 25000 month

Vintage

It would be good fun to separate opinions based on country. The ones who call going to Makro and spending 3,000baht "big spending" are most likely Hollanders. Am I right?

It all boils down to how much you can afford. If I was living on a 30,000baht pension then my spending would reflect that. When I stop working my saving money will stop but the money I spend monthly will remain the same. It's called planning ahead.

And for those who advocate leaving the mother of his child over a few dollars, well that speaks well of your character.

muggsy......

just went to Makro Ubon this week for my beer Lao consignment and 15 box is 19.350 Baht.

Lucky man you. Man 3 or 4 of those and I'm already buzzed. Naw, I'm a Leo kinda guy.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be good fun to separate opinions based on country. The ones who call going to Makro and spending 3,000baht "big spending" are most likely Hollanders. Am I right?

It all boils down to how much you can afford. If I was living on a 30,000baht pension then my spending would reflect that. When I stop working my saving money will stop but the money I spend monthly will remain the same. It's called planning ahead.

And for those who advocate leaving the mother of his child over a few dollars, well that speaks well of your character.

muggsy......

Today is pay day so tomorrow will be the monthly buy up at makro. that will be atleast a 20k spend.

25000 divided by 30 days = 833 bht, seeing as most Isaan folk earn half that figure l cannot see her problem. Many folk with government jobs don't earn 25,000 in Isaan.

Between diapers formula food for 3 that could easily be 400. Now a few thousand for Necessities {clothes, transportation, utilities l soon there will be little left. I haven't found retail shopping any cheaper in issan than anywhere else in Thailand. She also needs money to have some sort of social activities...

Yes its enough and should be ok on that amount but surely she isn't living a hiso lifestyle

If the guy was not giving her 25k she would have a job of some sort earning 200bht a day, not the 800+ she has now. Mum would be looking after the kids, that's how folk do it here.

Seeing stuff in LOS over many years I can guarantee if he ups the amount now in the future it will be asked to up again...

I know a few who had to much in there pocket and got on the "cards" train, get hooked, lose and keep going back more and lose again. Not saying this is happening with the OP but.....

+1

My Wive send 12000 to her Mother,

here brother and his Wive lives with her. She does not want HIM to work. But to look after here old mother.

There are also living 2 todlers there permanent.

They live oké, She also saves up from that money. For a lot of dokter Bill s . House is Payed for . They do drive an old car and have a motercy.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

My gf of 5 years with our 2 year old son and 9 year old daughter from a previous relationship says she is struggling to manage on 25k a month,no debt,house,motorbike all paid.

Issan villiage life.

Am I behind the times or is she squeezing me..

Troll post...

25000 divided by 30 days = 833 bht, seeing as most Isaan folk earn half that figure l cannot see her problem. Many folk with government jobs don't earn 25,000 in Isaan.

Between diapers formula food for 3 that could easily be 400. Now a few thousand for Necessities {clothes, transportation, utilities l soon there will be little left. I haven't found retail shopping any cheaper in issan than anywhere else in Thailand. She also needs money to have some sort of social activities...

Yes its enough and should be ok on that amount but surely she isn't living a hiso lifestyle

Poor Issan women don't use disposable diapers or formula. Those are western luxury items.

I don't think that anyone has mentioned this yet: has the OP had a serious talk with her about debt? She, or her parents, might owe 100 - 200K to the local loan shark. Interest is usually about 10% per month. That kind of debt is surprisingly common and usually ends up with 'landless farmers'.

Yes I'd like to see a break down of which countries guys are from that say 25K is too much

I'm from the UK although this has nothing to do with the cost of living for a single Thai women with two children in rural Issan.

Can you divulge more why where I come from has anything to do with my thoughts,I've lived in rural Thailand for many years and feel my comments are based on real life interaction with similar folk.

Yes I'd like to see a break down of which countries guys are from that say 25K is too much

Can you divulge more why where I come from has anything to do with my thoughts,I've lived in rural Thailand for many years and feel my comments are based on real life interaction with similar folk.

Really?, because it doesnt seem to add up to me. Especially what is not said, there are a lot more considerations than whether the family owes money to mafia, burns through lottery tickets etc

Yes, it does seem to be guys from a certain cluster of islands cough cough ahem, on TVF anyway, that are at the cheaper end of the spectrum

Yes, it does seem to be guys from a certain cluster of islands cough cough ahem, on TVF anyway, that are at the cheaper end of the spectrum

We probably have a better education and language skills than your country provided.

Allowing us to make decisions based on reality, rather than based on the information your hired companion provided.

But there is something in what you say, expenditure on pussy seems to be home country related.

From the west, those providing most appear to be Nordic guys, then Germans, then Brits and those providing least are always the French.

Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders don't seem to provide much when here, they seem to mainly prefer take outs. Don't know many Americans, Spanish, Portuguese living here so can't form an opinion.

Really?, because it doesnt seem to add up to me. Especially what is not said, there are a lot more considerations than whether the family owes money to mafia, burns through lottery tickets etc

Well! let us know what you think would "add up" What considerations?

25,000 a month gives a luxurious life in Isaan to feed all neighbors.

Unlike Bangkok where it's 500 baht for a meal, in Isaan you can eat for 20 baht per meal. I know this because I just had it today in Udon Thani.

I dont think you can eat a meal at any restaurant in Udon for 20 baht. And if it is a noodle shop, then it certainly does not cost over 50-60 Baht in Bangkok.

I know the folks who surround us make do with farming enough rice to eat and maybe sell a little, grow small gardens for market, raise some cattle, some odd jobs. They make do with little. Lucky to have 1 motorbike. Kids go to village school, gov. health care, no notebooks for kids, mothers who continue breast feeding way too long because lack of money for formula. If these same folks had money do you think they would choose to live the same way?

If you have the means why would you not want to provide well for your family. They have a child together, makes no difference if they are married or not.

And yes, a persons home country does have a way of shining thru. The Dutch seem to get enjoyment out stretching a satang. Oh well, whatever floats your boat. Carry on.

if you are not trolling your problem is easily solved.

get a girlfriend with a job.

employment is high for thai people in thailand and jobs are not hard to find.

sounds like you are her only job.

tell her live in brother to get a JOBB.gigglem.gif

Wow

Get with the village leader, hopefully a middle age female who has a reputation for being honest to administer the money.

Example, let here perform the accounting. You dole as you go.

You'look soon discover, everyone is right. She has a Thai boyfriend. Loaning, Secret Acct., mama, sister, brother, cousin....

Got nothing to do with where we come from, we are talking about Isaan, where l live, so I do have an insight as to how folk live and above all manage.

Why do you think a vast number of Isaan ladies get involved with a farang....?

Cash flow, that's it.......

It may not really matter but it would make things more interesting. About which country some of the guys thinks 10,000baht/mo is sufficient. A guy over 50 who starts up a household in Isaan with a younger lady would have to be a bit simple not to understand the lady is expecting to live a bit better than if she hooked back up with a guy making 10,000baht mo. if lucky. Most certainly cash is involved and the main reason for having a farang plus the kids are good looking, well at least mine are.

Our neighbors don't drive a truck that was bought for cash or alot of the other things we enjoy. Just because our neighbors are having land crabs with leaves off the trees and sticky rice doesn't mean I expect my family to live the same.

Got nothing to do with where we come from, we are talking about Isaan, where l live, so I do have an insight as to how folk live and above all manage.

Why do you think a vast number of Isaan ladies get involved with a farang....?

Cash flow, that's it.......

It may not really matter but it would make things more interesting. About which country some of the guys thinks 10,000baht/mo is sufficient. A guy over 50 who starts up a household in Isaan with a younger lady would have to be a bit simple not to understand the lady is expecting to live a bit better than if she hooked back up with a guy making 10,000baht mo. if lucky. Most certainly cash is involved and the main reason for having a farang plus the kids are good looking, well at least mine are.

Our neighbors don't drive a truck that was bought for cash or alot of the other things we enjoy. Just because our neighbors are having land crabs with leaves off the trees and sticky rice doesn't mean I expect my family to live the same.

But the lady in question has a much better 'Isaan' life...Doesn't have to work for 200bht a day, in fact has a guaranteed 800bht a day to sit and watch tele, no rent, wow, she should be smiling...thumbsup.gif

Yeah cause the housework and kids look after themselves cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Think you don't know about Isaan family life and the mums who do go to work for 200bht a day eh...smile.png

Entirely irrevelant what others do. I for one wouldn't expect the mother of my child to go work for 300baht/day. Really?? Not many ladies close to us actually go work for wages because they are so low.

Just ask her for an itemised breakdown of her expenses.

Then explain to her how to economise.

Like not spending fortunes calling her farang boyfriends for example.

Or giving her Thai boyfriend drinking and gambling money.

I was in the same situation. I told the gf I had to see an itemized list at the end of the month. I didn't hear that song and dance again. That was five years ago.

I woud say she is under family pressure to ask for more. that said she could live comfortably on 12000thb a month.a quick break down is electricity is about 400thb a month if she has a water pump add 200thb. water about 60thb, drinking water about 150thb. gas about 200 thb. and food about 5000 thb. . unless she feeds the children kfc every day

Archived