my girlfriend says she cannot manage on 25000 month

Vintage

OMG, of course she's squeezing you, with the facts you just provided. Cut her off, get another GF.

I wonder how many of these posters would be up in arms if the OP did that and left his own son with her?

Or maybe he should remove his son from the mother?

These are not realistic options.

I do wish posters would read the OP.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that I often hear in our small Isaan village is parents bragging about how their daughter has a farang boyfriend/husband who is going to give them all gold, buy a car for the family, build a house, buy land etc etc. or all of the above. When these dreams are not forthcoming they panic through fear of losing face with their friends, neighbours, relations etc. They then put pressure on the daughter to get her partner to provide more. Sometimes the poor girl is innocent but caught in the middle. I have also heard a few times how the girl is constantly pressured to leave current partner to find a farang with more money! However there are also times I have heard this pressure being applied because the girl, mother or father cant cover their oh so often gambling losses!! Just my experience.

My gf of 5 years with our 2 year old son and 9 year old daughter from a previous relationship says she is struggling to manage on 25k a month,no debt,house,motorbike all paid.

Issan villiage life.

Am I behind the times or is she squeezing me..

She is having you on mate , that is to much now you pay her and you are paying for the hole family to eat I am sure 1 million % .

If you have been going to thailand for 5 years you should know the games Thais play .

It is good you get on to TV for some help .

You see with Thais if you give them say 25,000 from the start you can't drop the money down that is why the most you should have given her from day one is 10,000 thai bht if you want to help her out .

The big problem is to many ???k wits get suck in by Thais and pay to much and that ???k it up for man like you .

Because thailand is like juggle drums , Thais listen to all the shit other Thais say on the drums .

One thing that I often hear in our small Isaan village is parents bragging about how their daughter has a farang boyfriend/husband who is going to give them all gold, buy a car for the family, build a house, buy land etc etc. or all of the above. When these dreams are not forthcoming they panic through fear of losing face with their friends, neighbours, relations etc. They then put pressure on the daughter to get her partner to provide more. Sometimes the poor girl is innocent but caught in the middle. I have also heard a few times how the girl is constantly pressured to leave current partner to find a farang with more money! However there are also times I have heard this pressure being applied because the girl, mother or father cant cover their oh so often gambling losses!! Just my experience.

How much does the OP get paid a month? Nice bloke if he gets 200 grand and complains about 25? All relative and more info required. Do all wealthy people arround the world limit their partners to the minimum they can get by on?

Yes very true I can believe that .

That is why some times thailand is ???ket

Makes me sick when I hear about shit like that .

The girls wants a good life and the family jump it and ???k

Her life up .

Make her use an app like Spending Tracker and you can review where every baht goes. She could inflate her numbers but that should be easy to spot. I use it to track my own spending and I can tell you where every penny has gone for the past two years including every one the GF got which comes in real handy when her memory gets fuzzy.

Make her use an app like Spending Tracker and you can review where every baht goes. She could inflate her numbers but that should be easy to spot. I use it to track my own spending and I can tell you where every penny has gone for the past two years including every one the GF got which comes in real handy when her memory gets fuzzy.

Yes. Relationship will bloom. Who cares how much you pay? Everyone will have their opinion. Are you happy? Sounds as if you are suspicious. Talk to her or ask TV Forum? Good luck.

I agree with a previous comment. This monthly allowance sounds like more than enough to me. Ask her for a breakdown of where the money is going and check the information is correct. She might be putting some away for security or giving the money to boyfriend. Don't fall into the trap of comparing costs of living in the West to that of Isaan.

Apparently Many here in the blog have no idea of what they speak. Either there are only dull prejudice that Thais have to exist on a Minims standard of living when they are together with a foreigner, or many are miserable misers who see their partner as a costfactor.
To all theorists, such is the reality ......
Siece 10 Years: We, my wife, my daughter and mother in Law live in Thailand North Central. Have own house, paid car etc. I give my wife 20,000Baht / Month.

- She pay for groceries, monthly school fees, internet, telephone, water and electricity, sometimes gasoline,sometimes Cloths.

- I pay about 20,000Baht/Month for insurance and annual cost of Schoolbooks and Uniforms etc. sometimes clothes, sometimes gasoline. Holidays etc. a

So dont be naiv, to think, the cost of living for Family in Thailand on a average Lifestyle will be under 40,000Baht/Month,or you punish yourself.
So it is pleasant to live out in the country. Important is good communication with each other.

it's not enough for barhopping or for her to get a gik.

also not enough for her to give out loans to her relatives.

It's plenty to live on. I think you know what she wants.

My wife is fine with 15000...and I pay all the bills. She buys stuff for her and her daughter.

Shopping money, and she sends 3 or 4 thousand of that to her daughter in college. (the real father pays for the college)

I have it good. But I did promise to save for the both of us (in a bank back in the USA). Still need to do a will.

Just bought her at 15000 samsung s2 for her birthday.

Not that this is your case, but I have a British friend who has a girl (from a bar!!!!). She complains all the time that 15000 a month is not enough. She went to korea so she can do the papaya pokpok stroke in a massage parlour. She is ecstatic.Making good money. The boyfriend... He thinks she is just doing the normal massage...but she tells us the truth.

She's lying. And you're falling for it.

Apparently Many here in the blog have no idea of what they speak. Either there are only dull prejudice that Thais have to exist on a Minims standard of living when they are together with a foreigner, or many are miserable misers who see their partner as a costfactor.

10 Years in TH/ House/Car 4 Family- Members= cost for Family in Thailand on a average Lifestyle will be 40,000Baht/Month,or you punish yourself.

Alternative: Manage your partnership properly or go to Pattaya and hiding the salami every 2nd night for 1500Baht. What a sad life .....

10 Years in TH/ House/Car 4 Family- Members= cost for Family in Thailand on a average Lifestyle will be 40,000Baht/Month,or you punish yourself.

Alternative: Manage your partnership properly or go to Pattaya and hiding the salami every 2nd night for 1500Baht. What a sad life .....

could you give a breakdown on what you spend 40000 thb a month on.

I had one tell me it would take 40K baht month to keep her in the lifestyle she was accustomed to...

I could not figure that one out since she made 15K in her day job...

The price of "love" in Thailand is on the rise...

Who cares what he does? Do I care what you do?

I had one tell me it would take 40K baht month to keep her in the lifestyle she was accustomed to...

I could not figure that one out since she made 15K in her day job...

The price of "love" in Thailand is on the rise...

...as the old saying goes.

"Hum goes up, money goes down"

I give to my wife 25000 every month to pay our expenses, that's includes 9000 car payment, 4500 house rent, all utilities, gasoline and food.

No kids around..and we live in Phayao, a nice small town in North Thailand.

No addictions, just a buffet meal in a nice restaurant 2 times a month, and a sporadic weekend out of town in Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai. Max... another 7000 month with my expenses.

But...kids may be expensive..or not?

Sounds about right to me with the car and rent included. Although to me Phayao is city size.

Who cares what he does? Do I care what you do?

been drinking have we

The inconvenient truth is you are indirectly paying her for sex in an informal way which is socially accepted in ISAN.

Let’s do the math for a single horny man in ISAN. Intimacy costs Baht 2,500 (could be a whole day’s activity), 3 times per week (1 week on Red), 40 weeks and divided by 12. = Baht 25,000.

However, if you genuinely have emotional feelings about her, perhaps you should give her the benefit of the doubts in the absence of anything to the contrary, be generous with her by providing another Baht 5,000 per month for her to cover all unforeseen contingencies or put aside some monies for her children’s future education. A good man who cares for his ‘soul mate’ and her family should not be a miser with his monies.

Have kept well out of this topic so far but it is beginning to annoy me!!

There are many countries I cannot speak about; but I can speak about the UK, France and Thailand.

We don't have to pay mortgages or car loans in Europe.

Here we pay car loans off quickly: Deposit then 2 years 20000 a month. Presently don't have a loan. Frees a bit up

My wife pays a mortgage here c. 10000 a month

We pay car insurance in all 3 countries. Thailand expensive at c 15000 a year

Health Insurance for 3 kids, though they can access Thai and european bog-standard health care c 9000 a month

My health Insurance c.5000 a month

UK taxes on property 5000 a month, France about the same.

English Programme in Thailand 15000x3 a term c 4800 a month =!! For what? an Illiterate foreign teacher and a a Thai one who cannot speak English. But the kids liked their friends

3BB 600 a month

Mobile phones 800 a month x 5=4000

Electric and Water c.4000 a month when the air con is blasting

Obviously various other normal household expenses.

I pay for cars, mortgages, household bills, insurances, school fees, gas, school clothes etc. etc.

When I am not in Thailand my wife has been looking after herself and 3 children on a day to day basis on 25000 a month and. does not spend all of it

They had a great lifestyle. Swimming, Cinemas, Restaurants, Running and cycling by the River, Tennis, horse riding, Unlimited wi-fi. Taxi of Mum and Dad.

I am still quailing at what all of this is going to cost in France

OP should take a close look at his situation!!

Pretty clear to me and the Mrs he is being scammed. Maybe he thinks a lithe youthful lady is worth it? Personally I doubt it!!

All these remarks saying 25,000baht/mo is excessive is also laughable. All this about it being so cheap to live in Issan is nuts. Guess it depends on the earnings of the OP. When I'm home I can blow thru 10,000baht pretty damn quick. A trip to Makro, stop off and get a few things at a hardware store, clothes. Of course the average Thai in an Issan village doesn't live this way. They don't wake up and say Oh, think I'll go to makro or Big C and blow 3000baht on groceries and household items. They can't afford to buy the best formula and diapers for baby. Their kids go to village school, ours don't. We eat good meats and vegetables, if a few neighbors show up around meal time then we feed them as well. The only way to live cheap is to never leave the village.

Most of the responses came from guys on bar stools. Is she giving a little money to family along the way? maybe, probably so.

The way I see it is, If I make 25,000baht in one day working I'm not worried about alittle overspending.

A lot of sense in your post however the oil industry is knackered. Many a high earner thinks like you and then when the work dries up there's no one to take care. 25k a month in the sticks is enough for sure. If the girl is a little Hiso in the sticks she will be about on the limit. I reckon she is supporting someone else.

If the OP is not around someone else will be.

Yea,I am sure that it is not enough to help support family members that proberly quit work when they found out that she had a farang on the hook.And whay about her Thai BF, how is he going to manage his drinking and snooker habits .You are classified as a "Walking Wallet:

25000 divided by 30 days = 833 bht, seeing as most Isaan folk earn half that figure l cannot see her problem. Many folk with government jobs don't earn 25,000 in Isaan.

Between diapers formula food for 3 that could easily be 400. Now a few thousand for Necessities {clothes, transportation, utilities l soon there will be little left. I haven't found retail shopping any cheaper in issan than anywhere else in Thailand. She also needs money to have some sort of social activities...

Yes its enough and should be ok on that amount but surely she isn't living a hiso lifestyle

Poor Issan women don't use disposable diapers or formula. Those are western luxury items.

Absolute rubbish.

Yes, it does seem to be guys from a certain cluster of islands cough cough ahem, on TVF anyway, that are at the cheaper end of the spectrum

We probably have a better education and language skills than your country provided.

Allowing us to make decisions based on reality, rather than based on the information your hired companion provided.

But there is something in what you say, expenditure on pussy seems to be home country related.

From the west, those providing most appear to be Nordic guys, then Germans, then Brits and those providing least are always the French.

Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders don't seem to provide much when here, they seem to mainly prefer take outs. Don't know many Americans, Spanish, Portuguese living here so can't form an opinion.

What relevance does the Americans, Spanish or Portuguese living in Shepherds Bush have to this thread?

Difficult to say. It is certainly good enough for hr and the kids to live comfortable on, but how are you living? Are you rich? Are you living like a King? Do you come to visit? If you die tomorrow is your family going to be looked after financially?

To put things into perspective, if I was a young woman raising 2 kids on my own and spending all my time waiting for you to show up I would want some security at least to. Many would say she is drinking this money away or gambling, but maybe all she is trying to do is save for a rainy day. If you have not provided future protection for her, and your kid, you need to think about that first. I am sure she is thinking about her future by being with you for 5 years, having a kid together, but still not married.

If you have all your bases covered and still she asked for more money ask her what it is for. Get her to show you receipts, She must have some reason she wants more money other than the threat of you leaving her with the kids and nothing else. Or you accidentally added an extra zero on to you monthly figure and you meant 2,500 Baht a month.

Archived