my girlfriend says she cannot manage on 25000 month

Vintage

OMG, of course she's squeezing you, with the facts you just provided. Cut her off, get another GF.

Thats the spirit...just dump her and let your child suffer because some poster on TVF perpetuating the myths said so.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested reading that very poorly written novel Private Dancer which seems to be where most posters get their opinions about Thai ladies from.

Everything you need to know about Thai women in that one.

Practically the bible for those existing and dreaming in their bed sit in Birmingham.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, of course she's squeezing you, with the facts you just provided. Cut her off, get another GF.

Thats the spirit...just dump her and let your child suffer because some poster on TVF perpetuating the myths said so.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested reading that very poorly written novel Private Dancer which seems to be where most posters get their opinions about Thai ladies from.

Everything you need to know about Thai women in that one.

Practically the bible for those existing and dreaming in their bed sit in Birmingham.

Sad to say you are wasting your time here.

Yes, it does seem to be guys from a certain cluster of islands cough cough ahem, on TVF anyway, that are at the cheaper end of the spectrum

We probably have a better education and language skills than your country provided.

Allowing us to make decisions based on reality, rather than based on the information your hired companion provided.

But there is something in what you say, expenditure on pussy seems to be home country related.

From the west, those providing most appear to be Nordic guys, then Germans, then Brits and those providing least are always the French.

Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders don't seem to provide much when here, they seem to mainly prefer take outs. Don't know many Americans, Spanish, Portuguese living here so can't form an opinion.

What relevance does the Americans, Spanish or Portuguese living in Shepherds Bush have to this thread?

If you happened to follow along, it was speculated that certain nationalities are known for being misers.

After reading alot of these responses it has become clear that so many are content to live on a shoestring.

I mean you have your expenses all nicely itemized, calculated. No room for error.

You even factor in cel phone costs. A meal at the food court is OK, But i'd rather have a nice meal at a restaraunt. Buy something for house, replace the washing machine, new tires for truck, maintenance for motorbikes, gasoline. I haven't penned a budget in many, many years. Must get awfully boring.

Just ask her for an itemised breakdown of her expenses.

Then explain to her how to economise.

Like not spending fortunes calling her farang boyfriends for example.

Or giving her Thai boyfriend drinking and gambling money.

this is excellent advice. find out what she is spend all the money on and tell her she can have extra if needed. my girl does it on 15000thb/month with our 2 kids. i cover accommodation and school fees as i want them to have better schooling than a 15K allowance can afford. i hope you try to get her to itemize her expenditure, i suspect she will not bother and that will be the end of it.

Have you been giving her 25,000 baht a month already???

If that is the case I would giver her only 15,000 baht next month and then next month nothing at all and make yourself totally unavailable and very difficult to contact and fade away.

Meantime find yourself another girl to replace the other girl.

This is Thailand and this is how it works.

If they shoot themselves in the foot and or kill the goose that laid the golden egg ( which they commonly do ) then that is their doing so do not feel sorry for her if she is so foolish to demand more money out of you without thinking that maybe you will just fade away and never come back and leave her wallowing in her own sorrow having caused her own selfish demise......but of course they are not thinking about the future.....rather just demanding at present.

And ...she does not love you...just likes you for your money...Do you understand that....????

Cheers

Thank you some good comments here all pointing to the fact she can manage on the 25000Bht a month and does not need more,i thought as much but wanted other opinions.As some posters say its nice for her to have a decent standard of living rather than just existing especially with children to consider.

I tend to visit thailand for 2 weeks every couple of months and have never really considered how they live,i like to enjoy life when i am here as i work hard in the uk maybe she has seen this pattern of spending and thinks its time she had more?

Dude she is parting when you are not here I am sure of it

25,000 is a lot

I also live in a village in Isan. The missus and I, no kids, don't spend 25,000 a month.

No morgage, the wife has a wee income from coffee shop and land. She has her monthly rates for her car (nothing to do with me).

As others have pointed out, give a little extra for annual costs, school fees, tax, insurance, etc. - but that should be it then. Like millions of other people around the world, she should learn to live within her means.

Thank you some good comments here all pointing to the fact she can manage on the 25000Bht a month and does not need more,i thought as much but wanted other opinions.As some posters say its nice for her to have a decent standard of living rather than just existing especially with children to consider.

I tend to visit thailand for 2 weeks every couple of months and have never really considered how they live,i like to enjoy life when i am here as i work hard in the uk maybe she has seen this pattern of spending and thinks its time she had more?

Dude she is parting when you are not here I am sure of it

25,000 is a lot

"...I am sure of it"... famous last words.

Of course she can not , she has to help the entire family, mom, dad, brother, sister, uncle, neighbour etc. Tell her then you better find a job and live on your own and I am not sending any more money. Then you see how she will accept 20000 a month.

Of course she can not , she has to help the entire family, mom, dad, brother, sister, uncle, neighbour etc. Tell her then you better find a job and live on your own and I am not sending any more money. Then you see how she will accept 20000 a month.

+1

25,000 a month gives a luxurious life in Isaan to feed all neighbors.

Unlike Bangkok where it's 500 baht for a meal, in Isaan you can eat for 20 baht per meal. I know this because I just had it today in Udon Thani.

I wonder what exactly you're eating for 20 baht?

Unlike Bangkok where it's 500 baht for a meal, in Isaan you can eat for 20 baht per meal. I know this because I just had it today in Udon Thani.

I don't think we really want to know....

Just ask her for an itemised breakdown of her expenses.

But do you really want your kids to live like that?

clap2.gifwai2.gif

100%

Another way why him not stay with kid?sad.png

but its another story.

And sure if OP care about kids. He come to place where THEY live.

And do not make topic in TV.

becouse He can see HOW is life and HOWMUCH

HA HA

same as in BBK thai food or anywhere in Thailand.

some grass with water( thai call soup) and rice.

PS

In Kalasin price for food in BigC as In BBK or in Chiang Mai ..

And Sizzler and etc in Udon Thani not cheapes when in Bangkok or another place

i even do not know about what talking JakeSully

20 baht a meal in Isaan? Excuse me..it used to be 30 baht a meal, but every meal I've had in the last six weeks in Isaan (khao phad, phad seeyu, the usual) is now set at 40 baht...sometimes 45 baht....still reasonable...but Thailand is no longer the dirt cheap destination.

She's lying. And you're falling for it.

Apparently Many here in the blog have no idea of what they speak. Either there are only dull prejudice that Thais have to exist on a Minims standard of living when they are together with a foreigner, or many are miserable misers who see their partner as a costfactor.

To all theorists, such is the reality ......

10 Years in TH/ House/Car 4 Family- Members= cost for Family in Thailand on a average Lifestyle will be 40,000Baht/Month,or you punish yourself.

Alternative: Manage your partnership properly or go to Pattaya and hiding the salami every 2nd night for 1500Baht. What a sad life .....

could you give a breakdown on what you spend 40000 thb a month on.

its very easy:

1.Car - 200k per year( oil service , washing etc)its 16,5K

2. children eat scool money 50*22day* 2 children= 2200

3.children pocket money 300-700 *2 children=1000

4.one time per week go with family/son to cinem/ scate 1500*4= 6000

5.clothes/sport stuf/ toys/ some cosmetics(dauther) ets for children its near 20 -40k per yer so ok then30k- 2.5k per month

6.3 scooter near 2000-3000 per month ok then... 2500

7. one per week time go to makro/bigC etc just water meat( not any western style) etc its 2000 minimum so 4*2000=8000

8 electrosity 1100-1700 ok 1200

9 internet - 640

so how much total?

but its not any about clothes for me or fo wife.

not any restaraunt with wife.

not any hobby thinks

not beer

and many another..

and this NOT WESTERN STYLE!!!! even not near

Ask her to write down her expenses/ payments (including temple payments) and let her know you are setting up a budget.

If she can't/won't understand, then maybe it is goodbye time.

Overall costs have increased in prices.

'You' come first.

What are you getting in return? How would she/they cope if you weren't there?

I have a wife and two kids 6 and 9 in ubon I give her 3000b a week when I am
not there that's 1200b a month she pays the power bill and day to day experience
and has never once asked me for more or run out of money

Ha, ha, ha, all the people here can sniff these things

out very quickly,, yes, how much did she live on before

she met you ?

And the secret retirement fund account,

Well, how do you suggest her pension fund should be organised? The OP and a regular job for his son's mother are probably not highly compatible - he probably expects to be priority number one when he's in Thailand.

I have a wife and two kids 6 and 9 in ubon I give her 3000b a week when I am

not there that's 1200b a month she pays the power bill and day to day experience

and has never once asked me for more or run out of money

hese are your children?

SHe work?

You're probably paying for a house, car or something that you don't know about, 10-15,000 baht per month should easily be enough for her and kids

what a troll answer, how you want to live for 10000 Baht with 2 kids in school or preschool?, electric, school food, clothes, shoes, transport, make up, TV, gas, food, internet, telefon, running costs .... and another guy was writing that you can eat for 20 Baht, yes but then you get 1 banana or 1 piece of chicken,

25.000 should be enough if no other bills like loan or lease exist, but to write 10000 baht for 3 persons, kids growing fast and yu have to buy every 3-6 month complete set of clothers and shoes,

you never had any kids or you never payed for them

My girl can live on 7,000 a month with one teenager and is more than happy. 12,000 - 15,000 I would say if you had car and air at the most. 25,000 she is helping a few family members, drinking, smoking and gambling?

your gf lives with a teenager, pays rent, all expenses, motorbike, food, clothes for 2 people, shoes, telefon, internet and not need for than 7000 Baht? this is then a Troll post, never ever, and for sure she would not be your gf,

Archived