Extension of 30-day visa exemption

Hi all.

I am currently on a 30-day visa exemption which I have extended once for 30 days (expires may 4).

Was planning to go make a new non-O visa in savannakhet next week, but my wife has to have surgery, and I don't want to be gone that long next week.

So, I have 2 questions. Can I get another extension at immigration? I understand that if it's possible at all, it would only be an extension for 7 days.

Or, can I do a border crossing at Chiang Khong (because I'm in Chiang rai) to get another 30-day exemption stamp? The current visa exemption I'm on is the only one I've had in years. Before this, I was in a non-O visa.

US passport.

Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

You can't do another 30 day extension.

Border run would give another 30 days. Looks like the most useful option except from getting a visa in a neighboring country.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On my way back into Thailand this time, I didn't have time to get a visa, so I am on a 30-day exemption stamp. You can't extend that for 60 days.

I will try going to Chiang khong for another 30-day exemption stamp, then go get a new non-O next month.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

On my way back into Thailand this time, I didn't have time to get a visa, so I am on a 30-day exemption stamp. You can't extend that for 60 days.

I will try going to Chiang khong for another 30-day exemption stamp, then go get a new non-O next month.

You can extend for 60 days.

You can extend a visa exempt (any) entry by 60 days, but only if married or have a child. Even though you have extended your stay already there is nothing stopping you (in the rules) extending you current stay based on marriage/children. It is certainly worth asking your local immigration office.

Edited by elviajero

Thanks for the idea. I live relatively close to immigration, so I'll check it out.

If you do apply your wife will need to be with you plus.

• Original marriage certificate plus signed copy.
  • Signed copies of wife's ID and Tabien Baan.
  • Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.
  • 1 x photo 6 x 4.
  • Maybe a TM30.
  • 1,900 baht.

No, I didn't. In the first sentence, I said I have extended once for 30 days already.

No you did not.

No, I didn't. In the first sentence, I said I have extended once for 30 days already.

No you did not.

Please read the first sentence of the original post.

• Like 1

So, I went to immigration in CR today just to ask some advice. Ended up getting a 60-day extension of my 30-day visa exemption even though I had already extended it once for 30 days.

Here's what I had to submit:

Copy of marriage certificate

Kor ror 2

Copy of wife's id

Copy of wife's house registration

Copy of photo page and entry stamp in my passport

1 photo

Fee

The staff in CR immigration are IMHO the best in all of Thailand. Always friendly and extremely helpful. Ended up having a conversation with one of the officers about the Boston Celtics and the NE Patriots. His name is Nut, and he is ALWAYS in a good mood. Love that guy!

• Like 1