Police hunt thugs who brutally attacked British family in Hua Hin

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to thailand land of gutless thugs.

Iv seen many a gutless thug in USA, England, Australia and so on.. My mate was bashed senseless in London earlier this year.. So your welcome to Thailand comment is irrelevant !!

A huge over-reaction from the Thai guys, for sure. But it does appear that it was mai+nly the Brits who escalated things until a fight occurred. Seems wrong to portray them as entirely innocent here.

You seem to be living in a dream world where it's OK, or in some way excusable, for a gang of 30 year old men to beat 65 year old women unconscious. No, hang on, that isn't a dream world, that's Thailand today.

Is this part of your feminist principals, beating old women?

10 years in jail each would be a just sentence, but as it's only elderly foreigners, 500bht fine each.

There's no excuse for the violence that was used by the Thai's who assaulted the Brit family.

Having said that, I see from the video that they went up to the Thais and began arguing pushing etc.

That was a very bad move.

Obviously they thought it would be ok to get into an argument in the street here and push back.

If it gets to that stage, it's already too late.

I learned long ago, always deport yourself with dignity and never lower yourself to behave in a rough manner here in Thailand.

That scene could have been avoided if they had just smiled and kept on walking.

Thais believe that once the other party has lost their cool, the demons are unleashed and anything is possible.

Never become confrontational, especially when they have been drinking.

A huge over-reaction from the Thai guys, for sure. But it does appear that it was mai+nly the Brits who escalated things until a fight occurred. Seems wrong to portray them as entirely innocent here.

You seem to be living in a dream world where it's OK, or in some way excusable, for a gang of 30 year old men to beat 65 year old women unconscious. No, hang on, that isn't a dream world, that's Thailand today.

Is this part of your feminist principals, beating old women?

10 years in jail each would be a just sentence, but as it's only elderly foreigners, 500bht fine each.

Did you read my post before responding?

Like I said, it was a huge over-reaction. I'm not condoning the behaviour of the Thai men in any way.

Spineless,cowardly scumbags.Hope you feel proud to be Thai.Congratulations you've just cost your country an untold amount of Baht,in tourist(or lack of)revenue,with your heinous actions....Enjoy your rice porridge.

In Thailand people don't push and shove their way through crowded places, making bodily contact with a person by accident needs a response. In England people queue, when somebody jumps the queue and pushes to the front there's a response - both cultural issues that need to be learned and understood.

And before somebody jumps in and tells us that the penalty for queue jumping in the UK is not a good kicking, it wasn't the pushing and shoving that started the beating it was the fact that the woman slapped the Thai mans face and the son punched the other one - go study the detail of the movie before you beat me up!

Spineless,cowardly scumbags.Hope you feel proud to be Thai.Congratulations you've just cost your country an untold amount of Baht,in tourist(or lack of)revenue,with your heinous actions....Enjoy your rice porridge.

In Thailand people don't push and shove their way through crowded places, making bodily contact with a person by accident needs a response. In England people queue, when somebody jumps the queue and pushes to the front there's a response - both cultural issues that need to be learned and understood.

And before somebody jumps in and tells us that the penalty for queue jumping in the UK is not a good kicking, it wasn't the pushing and shoving that started the beating it was the fact that the woman slapped the Thai mans face and the son punched the other one - go study the detail of the movie before you beat me up!

But you have no idea what happened before they came into frame on the video.

How about doing something positive and worthwhile, like finding out where these animals live, sending round a team of 5 handy guys and pick them off one-by-one, then posting what they look like post-beating for all to see. Calling the police is a waste of time here.

If fingers are to be pointed, they ought to be at Thai police. I seem to recall some article about how BIB were going to insure tourist safety over Songkran. Where were they? This was not some back alley.... another finger to Thai "justice" system where brutal assaults such as this are treated at same level as jaywalking. Punishment for littering (typically aimed at farangs) 4x greater than for attempted murder as happened here.

Isn't Sonkran a festival to show respect for the elderly?

Are you suggesting foreign tourists are forced to learn about 'Thainess' before coming here, so they don't get beaten to death?

If you are, I sort of agree, Thailand isn't the place for unprepared tourists to visit any more, it's far too dangerous for casual visitors.

Wonder what the General thinks about this?

Notice the Thai government did not make any apologies for the victims. These animals will never see real justice. Visitors are crazy to get into crowds of Thai people. Animals like this are all over the country. Foreigners have no protection under the law here. Better stay at home. When you look at the number of foreigners that die here yearly it is a great number. Many seem to fall off balconies of hotels. Did you ever see a Thai go to jail for these crimes. Avoid large crows of drunk Thai people!

I know this is scant consolation, but these attackers will never amount to anything in life. They will never marry a decent woman, never earn decent money, never be able to travel abroad, never be able to give their worthless kids a decent education. They are at the very bottom of the food chain and will stay there for the rest of their miserable lives.

No conspiracy theories please, it seems as though they are two separate groups of people going in opposite directions, there's no reason to think there was a Part 1 to this Part 2.

I know this is scant consolation, but these attackers will never amount to anything in life. They will never marry a decent woman, never earn decent money, never be able to travel abroad, never be able to give their worthless kids a decent education. They are at the very bottom of the food chain and will stay there for the rest of their miserable lives.

A bit like the Red Bull killer, you mean?

Or the real Koh Tao killer?

Iv seen many a gutless thug in USA, England, Australia and so on.. My mate was bashed senseless in London earlier this year.. So your welcome to Thailand comment is irrelevant !!

No it is NOT irrelevant. This kind of thing happens much more often in Thailand than anywhere else. Next time, get your facts right!

No it is NOT irrelevant. This kind of thing happens much more often in Thailand than anywhere else. Next time, get your facts right!

Got any figures to support that 'fact'?

Isn't Sonkran a festival to show respect for the elderly?

Are you suggesting foreign tourists are forced to learn about 'Thainess' before coming here, so they don't get beaten to death?

If you are, I sort of agree, Thailand isn't the place for unprepared tourists to visit any more, it's far too dangerous for casual visitors.

Wonder what the General thinks about this?

I think visitors should have some understanding of what the culture entails and some of its nuances, failing that they should play a very reserved and cautious game and not think they are still back home.

As for respect for the elderly: the incident took place on a street full of bars, populated by inebriated people, late at night. Given those things I reckon the rules of a traditional Songkran of yesteryear went out of the window many hours earlier.

No conspiracy theories please, it seems as though they are two separate groups of people going in opposite directions, there's no reason to think there was a Part 1 to this Part 2.

Well the video I saw was the son and a Thai fella walking the same way having an argument. Then another Thai fella walking towards him and bump into him.. He turns around and reacts.. Then there seems to be a bit cut out as the fella in the cap falls to the floor. Then another fella in green comes from the direction the first fella went and starts arguing.. Then it all gets bizarre and stupid (on both sides)

Comparative statistics from a reliable source please.

In Thailand people don't push and shove their way through crowded places,

You obviously have never tried getting on a bus here then, it's a free for all of pushing and shoving to be first on for a seat, or even if the bus is half empty, old people, blind people kids, they don't come into it whistling.gif

Got any figures to support that 'fact'?

A google search for 'foreign tourist assaulted or murdered in the UK' gives few results.

The same search replacing UK with Thailand gives hundreds of hits.

If you include suicide or road accident in your search, the results are unbelievable.

Archived