Police hunt thugs who brutally attacked British family in Hua Hin

its utterly digusting,

and for sure the police are NOT hunting down the thai scum, in fact the thai police dont care.

Please share this with your friend, on facebook and twitter, send this to your local newspaper... its time for payback!!!

Payback yes. But what did the foreign men do before the whole shit starts? I feel really sorry for the woman. Kicking a woman in her face is something hard to understand.

There're a few other Thais waiting to jump in. Hope the woman is okay, such a kick can easily break your neck.

I don't believe they did anything, I thinks these thais were targeting farangs as just before this they appear to be hassling another farang guy who walked into a building.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Educational.

Avoid confrontations whilst intoxicated with Thai people, if someone else can see this and understand it's better to walk away than this happening to you, the locals are not innocent but this could have been avoided. It's true people get drunk and full of themselves forgetting where they are then it all end in tears, I wish quick recovery your the family involved and the gang members PROPERLY dealt with. I don't wish to seem to black hearted but this can be seen as an education on how bad things can go wrong for you here. Take note if this surprised you.

where is the evidence that this tourist family was intoxicated?

What they did....its very very very bad.?...i feel sad for this family...

Am not surprise..... i see the youth ...how they lived....the education .....the alcohol problem.....the other drug....... they live without thinking much about the future...they live in the moment ..... i know some thai guys ....two....been sent to jail..for eating a thai woman and take her wallet....they do the same between them ...... and its horrible ......there is so much conflict ..and Thai people are very crazy about money .....they need it ...and the way to get it .....is universal..You work..The get a shitty salary..... you study ..you can have a decent salary..Expect for a decent salary..... or you do it the hard way you own your own restaurant ..Street food stand ..Etc etc and that way is harder cause you work non stop till you feel like you get enough money .......... so all theses details explain how bad they can act just like on the video ........

About the video....its hard to understand why they acted with so much insanity ....maybe the eng dude were drunk ? maybe they direspect them..but like the news said....they been doing the same during songkran ? they must be found and put to jail for an unknown time....you can't beat a woman like they did...You can't do that...This is so bad ..... so so bad......damn......

but .....Tourist...act like shit too....They are arrogant...They like to show that they got more money than people...and its can explain sometimes why they get hurt ..... i see them...a lot of them get beat down by the local cause of their arrogance.....

good luck for this family ...hope they recover well ...And will see .........

There is no grey area here,you dont hit up on a family enjoying songkran and then kick the <deleted> out of them when they are on the floor.

Disgusting and it should rightly go viral as a lesson to what is happening here quite frequently nowadays.

Land of smiles not.I hope they catch them but for what the punishment will be it is just not worth it,shame all round on this story.

You especially don't kick a 65 year old woman in the head when she is already on the ground and defenseless. These thugs will be patting each other on the back for taking on and defeating elderly senior citizens.

Educational.

Avoid confrontations whilst intoxicated with Thai people, if someone else can see this and understand it's better to walk away than this happening to you, the locals are not innocent but this could have been avoided. It's true people get drunk and full of themselves forgetting where they are then it all end in tears, I wish quick recovery your the family involved and the gang members PROPERLY dealt with. I don't wish to seem to black hearted but this can be seen as an education on how bad things can go wrong for you here. Take note if this surprised you.

where is the evidence that this tourist family was intoxicated?

No evidence, anymore than there is evidence their assailants were on yabba. Remove "intoxicated" though and it applies. We all know there are people out there, groups of them, that are more than prepared to give farangs a kicking. Expats, if wise, recognise the signs....tourists, well it's the land of smiles right ?

Maybe they should have stayed in England? Maybe they deserved what they got?

Shame on you, bubba1, shame on you!!!! sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif
Plenty of stereotypes of Chinese and Russians on this forum. Lager louts of working class English can't be talked about?

These victims scarcely fit the stereotype of Lager Louts now do they?

I was wondering when the first half-witted 'victim blaming apologist' would be along....didn't take long....

What are they doing in an area based on prostitution at 2:00 AM in the morning? They only have themselves to blame for being in this situation
glad to see you have exonerated the Thais of any blame and shifted it onto someone else, an elderly 65 yr old woman, her husband and their middle aged son. If they were young farangs beating up elderly thais would it be thais fault?

There is no grey area here,you dont hit up on a family enjoying songkran and then kick the <deleted> out of them when they are on the floor.

Disgusting and it should rightly go viral as a lesson to what is happening here quite frequently nowadays.

Land of smiles not.I hope they catch them but for what the punishment will be it is just not worth it,shame all round on this story.

You especially don't kick a 65 year old woman in the head when she is already on the ground and defenseless. These thugs will be patting each other on the back for taking on and defeating elderly senior citizens.

An aggressive Thai person will unfortunately hit both women and children laying down and when there are a bunch of them they will go into a frenzy. Saw a video from a CCTV in North Thailand a few weeks ago where around 15 men kicked a guy to death..... The last 10 persons appeared to be passers by who saw an opportunity to get in a good head kick just for the fun of it !!

Let's hope the perps are not scions of local bigwigs and police chiefs. Will be dejavu of the koh tao case if so. Good that they didn't destroy the cctv evidence - which suggests the perps are from societies lower levels.

You need to watch the video in full screen several times to see what happened, what I see is:

Two intoxicated males arguing with each other, both unsteady on their feet.

A farang wearing a black cap and holding a womans hand walk in the opposite direction, one of the drunken Thai men make (accidental?) light bodily contact with his man - he staggered a little and wasn't watching where he was going.

The Thai man took the contact as deliberate and turned after the man, he then pushed him but not hard.

But the farang in the black cap lost his footing and fell heavily against the step and lay there for a moment.

That was the start of the whole thing, innocent bodily contact misinterpreted and fuelled, I guess, by alcohol.

But then the action starts as the foreigners and the Thai's start to talk and then argue, the result pretty quickly is that the female foreigner slaps the Thai mans face and moments later, a white male in the group punches one of the Thai's.

It's game over at that point as the Thai men have lost face and want revenge, the details don't need to be discussed again.

What would you have done? I would have got the group to walk away after picking up the man who fell heavily, if it was me who had fallen I would have picked myself up and walked away, trying to argue and chastise the Thai's in their condition, at that time of night, in that location, was a non-starter - slapping the guys face in public had a highly predictable outcome.

The story was reported in the Thai Daily News on 17/04/16. Two of the attackers were arrested: 32 year-old Suphatha Baithong (Mong) and 32 year-old Yingyai Saengkhamintra (Em).
The argument was sparked after the 43 year-old son of the English family accidentally bumped into the arm of Suphatha who took offence and pushed him over.
The two attackers apologised to the family saying they were very drunk at the time. Police are still searching for the remaining attackers.
Representatives from the Tourism Association of Hua Hin and Cha Am along with Prachuap Khiri Khan Tourist Authority of Thailand bureau representatives presented flowers to the arresting officers thanking them for apprehending the attackers so quickly and thereby maintaining tourist confidence. So that's all right then.
WLyFgEU.jpg
m5072M3.jpg
sat7V8v.jpg

I wonder if the fact that this story has just hit the UK press is what has 'sprung' this 'manhunt into action several weeks after it went national in Thailand?

You think Thailand really cares what some small islands 5000 miles away print in their newspapers?

Good to see the story headline in the Daily Mail, thought it would not be long before the 'this can happen anywhere' comments came. I'd expect this anywhere in Thailand these days I would have thought the family should get the flowers, not the cops

I wonder if the fact that this story has just hit the UK press is what has 'sprung' this 'manhunt into action several weeks after it went national in Thailand?

You think Thailand really cares what some small islands 5000 miles away print in their newspapers?

When those 'small islands' provide millions of dollars of tourism income annually, let alone business income and whatever handouts they get from the UK. I'd say yes.....

Your comments are making you look stupider and stupider by the hour. I'd head off if I were you (but thankfully I'm not, I'm far more intelligent).

The UK provides a lot of low end tourists and other ex convict types, take a look around Pattaya and also the foreign prison population in Thailand. These tourists out in a sex zone at 2am are a perfect example.

Sorry the UK has very little business in Thailand compared to Japan and American companies.

I propose not to answer this person engaged here by a manifest trolling.

The onus is now on the police to show how they're protecting tourists that the Thai government spends

many millions to entice and bring them in, justice need to be done here, and not only TO BE SEEN

DONE .......

And I guess the other thing to remember when you're walking through a crowd of people is that it's not Saturday afternoon on Oxford Street, Thai's for the most part avoid bodily contact when walking and when contact is made, a simple sorry or excuse me defuses most potential problems. It all sounds nanny'ish doesn't it, well better to be nannyied I reckon than spend a couple of weeks and several hundred thousand in Bangkok Hospital having your face reconstructed!

There are no consequences, 500 baht fine each, and of you go ....

Being taken up by the British press now, think that will be bringing down some pressure and also putting the Thai cops under the spotlight, a light that is starting to a little more intense these days. Not expecting miracles but can't hurt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3562042/Terrifying-moment-British-couple-son-beaten-unconscious-gang-local-thugs-holiday-Thailand.html

The link has been blocked. Surprise surprise.

Not sure I understand what happened.
Looked to me like at least 5 foreigners on the ground at one point.

Then two get up and leave, and three left lying on the ground.

Very strange.

A primitive and dangerous people when drunk or angry.

Two of the attackers were 32 years old, so not a teen gang attack.

Not sure I understand what happened.

Looked to me like at least 5 foreigners on the ground at one point.

Then two get up and leave, and three left lying on the ground.

Very strange.

A primitive and dangerous people when drunk or angry.

The Brits or the Thais?

There are no consequences, 500 baht fine each, and of you go ....

Being taken up by the British press now, think that will be bringing down some pressure and also putting the Thai cops under the spotlight, a light that is starting to a little more intense these days. Not expecting miracles but can't hurt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3562042/Terrifying-moment-British-couple-son-beaten-unconscious-gang-local-thugs-holiday-Thailand.html

The link has been blocked. Surprise surprise.

The daily mail has been blocked in Thailand for maybe a year or so. Nothing to do with these drunk English people in a sex zone.

The story was reported in the Thai Daily News on 17/04/16. Two of the attackers were arrested: 32 year-old Suphatha Baithong (Mong) and 32 year-old Yingyai Saengkhamintra (Em).

The argument was sparked after the 43 year-old son of the English family accidentally bumped into the arm of Suphatha who took offence and pushed him over.

The two attackers apologised to the family saying they were very drunk at the time. Police are still searching for the remaining attackers.

Representatives from the Tourism Association of Hua Hin and Cha Am along with Prachuap Khiri Khan Tourist Authority of Thailand bureau representatives presented flowers to the arresting officers thanking them for apprehending the attackers so quickly and thereby maintaining tourist confidence. So that's all right then.

WLyFgEU.jpg

m5072M3.jpg

sat7V8v.jpg

They look like right pair of Somchais sst there. Mong being an apt name as well.

As for the ludicrous BIB photo with the flowers, pathetic.

I doubt anything will be done about this vicious attack, as the authorities dont give a shit, only interested in money.

Archived