Police hunt thugs who brutally attacked British family in Hua Hin

AFter studying the video I just see people who were itching for a fight with anyone they could pull over. The woman got pissed, maybe she escalated it by getting mad at the attackers, not knowing any better. All the stump fingered mouth breathing losers who are insinuating that they deserved this are not worth our contempt or replies.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it is NOT irrelevant. This kind of thing happens much more often in Thailand than anywhere else. Next time, get your facts right!

Got any figures to support that 'fact'?

A google search for 'foreign tourist assaulted or murdered in the UK' gives few results.

The same search replacing UK with Thailand gives hundreds of hits.

If you include suicide or road accident in your search, the results are unbelievable.

The number of hits doesn't quite do it for me, certainly, including suicides and RTA's definitely doesn't.

A certain man aka as Prayuth is strangely quiet on this!

He normally puts his oar into most things so why not this, surely he cant be speechless

The farangs weren't walking in their bikinis so he is not sure what angle he can use to backhandedly blame the victims.

Spineless,cowardly scumbags.Hope you feel proud to be Thai.Congratulations you've just cost your country an untold amount of Baht,in tourist(or lack of)revenue,with your heinous actions....Enjoy your rice porridge.

In Thailand people don't push and shove their way through crowded places,

You obviously have never tried getting on a bus here then, it's a free for all of pushing and shoving to be first on for a seat, or even if the bus is half empty, old people, blind people kids, they don't come into it whistling.gif

Sure there will be exceptions to the rule and probably bus queues is one. But people walking down the street whilst shopping for example is a very different picture.

here is a question, would they have bashed an elderly thai couple? kicked an elderly thai lady in the face as she lay on the ground? of course not, but the bitterness, resentment and jealousy of foreigners lies just behind the fake smile and some thais relish their chance to give a kicking to a farang

Ok...all you Thai apologists...this is your big chance to make your case...

Show us what you got...how did the tourists bring this upon themselves...how exactly did they deserve such a shocking display criminal hateful behavior...

I suspect their only sin was being foreign...

What say you?

The article implies that the men who attacked the Brits were career criminals. It is very unlikely that the government, including the PM, realizes the emotional reaction of Europeans and Americans to this kind of psychopathic violence directed at visitors to this country. Add the fact that they were elderly, and it is a certainty that the number of middle-aged and older "quality" tourists who come to Thailand will drop like a rock.

The thing to keep in mind is that as the Thai economy continues to tank the number of Thai men who were making 7 to 12 thousand baht per month that will loose their jobs. These men are not part of the criminal class, but they will find themselves members of a pool of truly desperate people. When this happens, anywhere in the world, crime goes up including crime directed at tourists as well as Thais.

To a western farang mind two things need to happen:

Fast track the criminal justice system and remove convicted criminals from the streets, for years, not two weeks. The 1,000 baht fines are just a cost of doing business for these people.

Institute an unemployment compensation system to provide a safety net to those who lose their jobs.

Let's hope the perps are not scions of local bigwigs and police chiefs. Will be dejavu of the koh tao case if so. Good that they didn't destroy the cctv evidence - which suggests the perps are from societies lower levels.

I know what you are saying but I hope they are 'bigwigs' , so the world can see just what goes on here on a daily basis. the more people know the better chance it may stop. I could mention countless cases as many others here can that just get lost or disappear. People need to know that this behaviour is Thainess.

Imagine the the reaction if a group of Thai tourists were beaten up like this in NZ, HK, Washington, New York, Liverpool or Yangon........................

Front page of the Post for sure and thousands of Thai social media comments.

It wouldn't happen though, that's the difference.

The national outrage would be off the scale.

Here we are just supposed to take it, thank you very much, and sorry we forgot to leave our wallets at the airport.

Where's Liverpool?

Well, after 16 seconds in the Video the Farang hits the Thai man passing, discussion starts and on second 52 the English Lady hits the Thai man in the face.

That are the first hits made in the video.

Even the lady hits the man it is not an excuse for a mob to kick the daylight out of others.

I agree that this violence is absolute not done and the boys need to be tracked down by police and get punished.

But after looking several times I can not agree that the tourist where passive and just passing.

I wondered how long it would take...to begin excusing the abhorrent behavior of the Thais...

Where are the other 4 POS's? I only see two worthless scumbags have been pictured. Looking at the video, it looks like one of these guys was just looking for a fight. Dumbass!

Why doesn't the gov't send these guys off to military detention for "ruining the reputation of Thailand". That sentence seems to be applied when it serves a purpose.

It appears the best thing a tourist can do these days worldwide, is stay sober, don't walk alone at night, head back to the hotel/room before 10 p.m. and avoid the beach area.

Don't argue with foreign citizens.

Go with the flow, ignore nutters and people who try to get close to you and stay alive!

So sad to see, but sadder still is the fact I am no longer surprised. Since my first visit in 2004 I was enamored with Thailand and just about every person I met there. The last few years things have gotten so worse. Nobody gets involved, nobody breaks up a beating. That hawking guy in the middle holding the flyer was where it all started. you can see him pestering other people walking by. Looks like the British guy kind of instinctively pushed him away slightly as he walked by, and the hawker didn't like that. What a bunch of animals.

Jesus - that was absolutely disgusting. What on Earth is wrong with those guys? Kicking a woman in the face when she is on the ground. They are animals.

I wouldnt compare these scum to animals. Animals do not attack for no reason only to protect themselves or their young or when hunting for food.

Of course this will be in every UK newspaper. I guess this is not the kind of publicity that Thailand wants. If Thailand wants a good image then they have to get their act together and really sort out scum such as these guys. Never mind TB 1,000 and an apology they need some real tough sentencing.

Yep, s##t happens sometimes, had Songkran been celebrated in UK, the hoodies and the chavs would've created more havoc and mindless violence than this. All the "share this with everyone you know" crowd, are you also this enthusiastic about sharing good experiences you may encounter in TH, or do you just enjoy a good whinge?

Actually, you are quite wrong. The notting hill carnival is of equivalent to what happens on Songkran here in Bangkok and much bigger than Hua Hin's songkran effort. Of course incidents have happened, in the past (1980's/early 90's), including stabbings, but it is pretty rare now to have such a problem at these events in the UK. This of course is due to the overwhelming police presence that you would find at such an event and the resources law enforcement of a western country can afford to push at it, is far greater than what can be afforded here in Thailand.

As much as I am disgusted by this video and the actions of these people, this really isn't "an only thai problem", this happens around the world and in some places they would of finished them off by cutting the throats of those lying on the ground. it's shocking, yes share it, tell people to be careful when on holiday, but please measure your responses.

Well, after 16 seconds in the Video the Farang hits the Thai man passing, discussion starts and on second 52 the English Lady hits the Thai man in the face.

That are the first hits made in the video.

Even the lady hits the man it is not an excuse for a mob to kick the daylight out of others.

I agree that this violence is absolute not done and the boys need to be tracked down by police and get punished.

But after looking several times I can not agree that the tourist where passive and just passing.

I wondered how long it would take...to begin excusing the abhorrent behavior of the Thais...

Read the post you quoted. It explicitly says it is not an excuse.

Yep, s##t happens sometimes, had Songkran been celebrated in UK, the hoodies and the chavs would've created more havoc and mindless violence than this. All the "share this with everyone you know" crowd, are you also this enthusiastic about sharing good experiences you may encounter in TH, or do you just enjoy a good whinge?

Actually, you are quite wrong. The notting hill carnival is of equivalent to what happens on Songkran here in Bangkok and much bigger than Hua Hin's songkran effort. Of course incidents have happened, in the past (1980's/early 90's), including stabbings, but it is pretty rare now to have such a problem at these events in the UK. This of course is due to the overwhelming police presence that you would find at such an event and the resources law enforcement of a western country can afford to push at it, is far greater than what can be afforded here in Thailand.

As much as I am disgusted by this video and the actions of these people, this really isn't "an only thai problem", this happens around the world and in some places they would of finished them off by cutting the throats of those lying on the ground. it's shocking, yes share it, tell people to be careful when on holiday, but please measure your responses.

Hate to mention it but Songkran is finished and even if it wasnt that is no excuse

Maybe they should have stayed in England? Maybe they deserved what they got?

Shame on you, bubba1, shame on you!!!! sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

Plenty of stereotypes of Chinese and Russians on this forum. Lager louts of working class English can't be talked about?

These victims scarcely fit the stereotype of Lager Louts now do they?

I was wondering when the first half-witted 'victim blaming apologist' would be along....didn't take long....

Having the username "bubba1" I'd guess that he's a spam.

So sad to see, but sadder still is the fact I am no longer surprised. Since my first visit in 2004 I was enamored with Thailand and just about every person I met there. The last few years things have gotten so worse. Nobody gets involved, nobody breaks up a beating. That hawking guy in the middle holding the flyer was where it all started. you can see him pestering other people walking by. Looks like the British guy kind of instinctively pushed him away slightly as he walked by, and the hawker didn't like that. What a bunch of animals.

They will join in if a foreigner hits a Thai guy and beat the foreigner up but not when it is the other way around

What hawking guy?

It starts with the two guys having an altercation who enter from the left as the video begins. One of whom the British guy for some reason chooses to touch as he passes them, which then escalates into an incident when the guy reacts.

Archived