Bus to Don Mueng?

ev1lchris

Bus # 29 departs from Hualumphong, runs southeast on Phraram 4 (Rama 4) Road, then north on Phayathai and Wipawidi-Rangsit Roads to Don Meuang.

Bus # A1 also runs out there. I have never used it myself, so know relatively little about it. I know you can catch it at Morchit BTS station, but I don't know from where it originates. I think there is also an A2 and A3 from other parts of the city. A Google search might reveal more info.

ALL pax wanting some comfort take the A1, clearly signposted (if you actually LOOK with eyes) from Mochit BTS and running strait INto airport, thus no need to cross 6-lane highway with all your overburdened ATM-sized suitcases. For 30 bt, less as 1 US$ and also less as your BTS fare. uses the newest (hum) BMTA orange AC-buses with some extra space for those oversized luggages. IF in doubt, just follow any Chinese human being over there-they have it all on their apps.

A3 was once promised but never ever materialised, A2 does the same run, but starts from an undisclosed and for you impossibel to find spot on Vict.Monument, then fills aup at said A1 stand. Oh, and then might still be A4, to Suvannaphumi, from Udomsuk BTS.

Why are some so hell bent on saving cab fare? All this to save a few hundred baht. Really??

I have never understood the psychology of people like you who only seem concerned about how other people spend their money? there are very tough times ahead and I think it's better for you to be prepared and a " few hundred baht " might be much better spent elsewhere than giving it to the taxi Mafiabah.gif

to the OP :-

Airport Bus Service to and from Bangkok Don Muang

http://www.thaizer.com/travel-in-thailand/airport-bus-service-to-and-from-bangkok-don-muang/

there is also the train from Hua Lamphong where I'm noticing a huge increase in usage by travellers to Don Muang airport particularly Chinese and other Asians. It's very convenient and when you arrive at Don Muang train station you simply walk up the ramp across the expressway catch the lift to level 3 and there you are in the departure hallsmile.pngcost varies between 5 baht and 20 Baht tongue.png

The swine that drive taxis in Thailand are widely known for overcharging foreigners. They should only be used when absolutely necessary.

Hogwash!

please give us your reasons why you think it's hogwash?

Simple.

ALL taxi drivers do not over charge foreigners. You might encounter the occasional driver who might try ways to over charge you - but that can happen in any country and it does.

Yes, I've travelled in taxis more than once. In fact, once when the driver could not find the address after about 15 minutes of driving around he politely asked me to find another taxi and did not even charge a single satang (although I offered to pay).

Generalising incidents and blowing them out of proportion tends to mislead others.

That's the reason and nothing else.

The swine that drive taxis in Thailand are widely known for overcharging foreigners. They should only be used when absolutely necessary.

Hogwash!

please give us your reasons why you think it's hogwash?

Simple.

ALL taxi drivers do not over charge foreigners. You might encounter the occasional driver who might try ways to over charge you - but that can happen in any country and it does.

Yes, I've travelled in taxis more than once. In fact, once when the driver could not find the address after about 15 minutes of driving around he politely asked me to find another taxi and did not even charge a single satang (although I offered to pay).

Generalising incidents and blowing them out of proportion tends to mislead others.

That's the reason and nothing else.

You will never convince me they have any redeeming qualities and I would prefer not to risk being hacked to death like the Bangkok taxi driver did to an American.ermm.gif

Then there is the issue of how good they are at their jobgiggle.gif

A British taxi comparison site called LondonCabs.co.uk has put Bangkok taxi drivers at number three of a list that compares taxi drivers around the world. They got the third place spot for not knowing the directions to customer destinations. The top spot for having a bad attitude went to Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur were mentioned for taking unnecessary detours and overcharging as well as driving cabs in very bad mechanical condition.

Rome also took a hit with LondonCabs saying it was almost impossible to get a cab and that on rainy days fares were often doubled.

http://www.samuitimes.com/bangkok-taxi-drivers-gaining-international-reputation-for-bad-service/

• 2 weeks later...

Why are some so hell bent on saving cab fare? All this to save a few hundred baht. Really??

I have never understood the psychology of people like you who only seem concerned about how other people spend their money? there are very tough times ahead and I think it's better for you to be prepared and a " few hundred baht " might be much better spent elsewhere than giving it to the taxi Mafiabah.gif

People like me are the ones who want and need to get point A to point B the easiest and fastest way possible. I find it quite amusing how much time some spend on trying to save so little.

People like me are the ones who want and need to get point A to point B the easiest and fastest way possible. I find it quite amusing how much time some spend on trying to save so little.

People like you? I find that quite amusing :)

I also like to get from point A to point B the easiest and fastest way possible.

And today I stuck to that principle.

Upon arrival to Don Mueang on a flight this afternoon, I walked to the bus gate, straight on to the A1, and it left within 30 seconds.

Meanwhile the queues for the taxi rank shuffled along as I went past.

Straight to Mo Chit, and on to the BTS. Reached my destination in less time than a taxi would take and it cost me 70 baht all up.

I could easily have afforded the taxi and tollway fees to get to my destination. But the alternative route was far cheaper, and I got to meet a rather nice lady on the bus trip which led to an even more enjoyable afternoon. That would not have happened in the taxi.

The OP didn't specify why they wanted to find out about bus routes to DMK - nor should they have to. Whether to sensibly save a few baht, or to experience a different method of travel is irrelevant.

For you to jump to conclusions and assume it is to save a few hundred baht speaks volumes more about you I imagine.

Enjoy your judgemental existence...

OP - next time try stating your originating location, does help those who are happy to provide advice.

From Prom Phong, take the BTS to Mo Chit, exit, find the A1 bus, and take it direct to DMK. 30 baht for the bus plus whatever the BTS fare is from Phrom Pong to Mo Chit. Quick and painless, assuming you don't have mountains of luggage.

Hogwash!

Agreed, hogwash.

Never been overcharged for taxis in Bangkok or other parts of Thailand (Phuket isn't cheap for taxis, but I haven't had any 'swine' drivers there either.

People like you? I find that quite amusing smile.png

I also like to get from point A to point B the easiest and fastest way possible.

And today I stuck to that principle.

Upon arrival to Don Mueang on a flight this afternoon, I walked to the bus gate, straight on to the A1, and it left within 30 seconds.

Meanwhile the queues for the taxi rank shuffled along as I went past.

Straight to Mo Chit, and on to the BTS. Reached my destination in less time than a taxi would take and it cost me 70 baht all up.

I could easily have afforded the taxi and tollway fees to get to my destination. But the alternative route was far cheaper, and I got to meet a rather nice lady on the bus trip which led to an even more enjoyable afternoon. That would not have happened in the taxi.

The OP didn't specify why they wanted to find out about bus routes to DMK - nor should they have to. Whether to sensibly save a few baht, or to experience a different method of travel is irrelevant.

For you to jump to conclusions and assume it is to save a few hundred baht speaks volumes more about you I imagine.

Enjoy your judgemental existence...

OP - next time try stating your originating location, does help those who are happy to provide advice.

From Prom Phong, take the BTS to Mo Chit, exit, find the A1 bus, and take it direct to DMK. 30 baht for the bus plus whatever the BTS fare is from Phrom Pong to Mo Chit. Quick and painless, assuming you don't have mountains of luggage.

That was an impressive novel you wrote. Good job. Now, I go straight to top floor where taxis drop off, hop in and on my way. Easy peasy

Archived