Thailand Elite Long Stay Visa Membership Privileges

Ladies and Gents,
My name is Lucas and Im the new one here. So Hello everybody.

For few weeks im looking for the best way to make my life.. well, lets say better and I decided to move to Thailand. i have been there some time ago and didnt need any information about all of those tiny issues with Thai beaurocracy :)

I found in the internet Thailand Elite website and Im highly interested in join to program. But ofcourse I have some concerns about it so I decided to ask you. I hope you will answer me as simple as possible. Im gonna explain my situation now:

- Im young single
- I want to live in Thailand without any problems for long time, for example in the next 10 years
- I want to buy an apartment in Bangkok,
- I DONT want to work or do any business in Thailand
- I just want to live there and enjoy my life in beautiful country
- I want to get Thai driving license without any problem
- I want to buy a car without any problem
So my question is:
Is that everything possible while being in that program?
Can I get a condo, driving license, car, long stay permit etc when I join that program?
What about travelling? For example few times per year.
How it looks like from Thai Government view? They are oficially approve / respect Thai Elite Program?
Do I need to go every single 3 months or 1 year into Emigration? And what paperology I need to do and how often?
Please explain me everything step by step. Lest say I will get a flight to Bangkok and what next?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

From everything you have said regarding your situation I think the Elite card will work out just fine for you. You only need a passport with more than 3 pages unused and a current picture. I would advise you to make sure your passport has 5 years validity or it appears from the information I have been given that your Elite visa will expire when your passport does. This is one quirk that they could also do a better job on.

You can travel get a drivers license and rent a condo with the Elite card. You can apply from outside or with in Thailand it doesn't matter. If I were already outside of Thailand I would probably apply from my home country. That way you collect the visa at the airport and don't have to go to immigration another time. Make the application, wait for the letter of acceptance which theoretically takes up to 5 days but in my case it took one day. Scan and send them your completed application with picture. When the letter of acceptance is acquired, make the transfer of 500,000 (make sure the transfer fees are included so they get the full 500,000).

You will receive a welcome letter upon acceptance and they will then ask you if you would like to get your visa at the airport upon arrival or go collect it at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

• Like 1

They have confirmed me to go affix stamp on June 08. I will update this when I know whether the stamp starts from the day the visa is affixed or if it is from the date my application is received. It doesn't matter that much either way for me but it may be useful information for some members here.

I think that question was answered some time ago in another thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726441-thailand-elite-easy-access-500k-thb-card/page-11#entry7846798

From everything you have said regarding your situation I think the Elite card will work out just fine for you. You only need a passport with more than 3 pages unused and a current picture. I would advise you to make sure your passport has 5 years validity or it appears from the information I have been given that your Elite visa will expire when your passport does. This is one quirk that they could also do a better job on.

You can travel get a drivers license and rent a condo with the Elite card. You can apply from outside or with in Thailand it doesn't matter. If I were already outside of Thailand I would probably apply from my home country. That way you collect the visa at the airport and don't have to go to immigration another time. Make the application, wait for the letter of acceptance which theoretically takes up to 5 days but in my case it took one day. Scan and send them your completed application with picture. When the letter of acceptance is acquired, make the transfer of 500,000 (make sure the transfer fees are included so they get the full 500,000).

You will receive a welcome letter upon acceptance and they will then ask you if you would like to get your visa at the airport upon arrival or go collect it at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

Thank you for your reply.

So what next? If I understand well then if I decide for 5 or 20 years program then I can be sure and have peace of mind that i will live in Thailand for the next 5 or 20 years, right? Thailand Elite will fix every single visa issue/problem/extend for me, right?

So what next? If I understand well then if I decide for 5 or 20 years program then I can be sure and have peace of mind that i will live in Thailand for the next 5 or 20 years, right? Thailand Elite will fix every single visa issue/problem/extend for me, right?

Well, we are talking about Thailand and as such there is never going to be a 100% guarantee. Well, there is a 100% guarantee that nothing will ever be 100% guaranteed. Things can and will change over time but based on past experience and comments from happy Elite members, you can be fairly optimistic that you should not have major issues with your long-term stay/visa.

Well, we are talking about Thailand and as such there is never going to be a 100% guarantee. Well, there is a 100% guarantee that nothing will ever be 100% guaranteed. Things can and will change over time but based on past experience and comments from happy Elite members, you can be fairly optimistic that you should not have major issues with your long-term stay/visa.

Ofcourse I do understand political problems in Thailand. But after my research I can see that foreigners living in Thailand for many years are like "Well, yeah, army, ruler changes but we didnt see anything. Nothing has changed, we cant see any difference between before and after."

What are you thinking guys about buying the condo in Thailand? I have to say that I have a strong feeling of something like 'my place'. And I can feel like Im at home only when Im the owner. That is the reason why Im a bit affraid of visa extensions, becasue I dont want to stay with nothing if something wrong could happen. But still I want to trust the Thailand Elite program that its gonna be my well trusted kind of insurance.

I think buying a condo is an issue best left for a separate thread. Let's keep this thread to Thailand Elite details if we can. As far as my question being answered earlier if I missed that but I will still report back on what date is issued for me.

• Like 2

As far as my question being answered earlier if I missed that but I will still report back on what date is issued for me.

It will definitely be very interesting to hear!

• Like 1

They have confirmed me to go affix stamp on June 08. I will update this when I know whether the stamp starts from the day the visa is affixed or if it is from the date my application is received. It doesn't matter that much either way for me but it may be useful information for some members here.

Your visa will start on the day it is inserted into your passport.

This is what happened with me two years ago, for me it's June 12th.

• Like 2

Your visa will start on the day it is inserted into your passport.

This is what happened with me two years ago, for me it's June 12th.

Thanks for the clarification.

Guys (at least the ones who like the Thailand Elite program), we apparently can prepare ourselves for "news" about the program this coming 7th of June.

It´s been soooo quiet in this thread for a few days now. Is that because everyone is so thrilled and excited by anticipation? ;-))

DUS

• Like 1

Guys (at least the ones who like the Thailand Elite program), we apparently can prepare ourselves for "news" about the program this coming 7th of June.

It´s been soooo quiet in this thread for a few days now. Is that because everyone is so thrilled and excited by anticipation? ;-))

DUS

Tomorrow is the BIG day :) :) :)

Farang world will have have a sleepless night in anticipation indeed :)

I look forward to read the news !

Whatever the news is, what is totally certain is that this thread will gain a new life :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

I'm going down to the local immigration office to do another yearly extension before the end of the week.

Regarding the email which came in with the link to the message from the president of Thailand Elite contains no new information. Someone else mentioned this above - that's all standard procedure and has been for a long time before I set foot in Thailand.

This is the lnk in case anyone's interested : http://www.thailandelite.com/tpc_news_view.php?id=56

I'm going down to the local immigration office to do another yearly extension before the end of the week.

Regarding the email which came in with the link to the message from the president of Thailand Elite contains no new information. Someone else mentioned this above - that's all standard procedure and has been for a long time before I set foot in Thailand.

This is the lnk in case anyone's interested : http://www.thailandelite.com/tpc_news_view.php?id=56

The announcement is tomorrow.

I can't wait. In fact, I think I may not sleep tonight.

I drink my fourth coffee.

Will not sleep either.

Can't miss that mega piece of news!

As soon as the news is out, a tsunami of silly negative posts will flow in again... Same as usual :)

So, I am very busy preparing my countermeasures :)

Lots of fun coming :)

LOL You have got to be pulling our legs now Gerry. I guess the good news for me is my stamp won't be affixed until June 8 so if this is only for new members I should just make it. They are going to piss off a lot of people if it is only for new members so I doubt that will be the case though.

I was looking at the Thailand Elite web site again (in case there was any news on new perks). Did not notice anything but did notice two things that caught my eye:

1) Yearly health care check-up

2) Discounts at shopping/restaurants

Anyone have any details on this?

For the health care check-up, is it the full whiz-bang executive super-deluxe probe-every-orifice and scan every cell checkup, or just the stick out your tongue and say Ahh?

For the shopping/restaurants, anyone know if there is a list or can ball park the discounts (5% on non-sale items on the low end, to 50% off Starbucks and 2:1 First Class Seats at Cinema each time... that might clinch it for me actually). Imagine 50% off Starbucks and this would pay for itself O.o!

I was looking at the Thailand Elite web site again (in case there was any news on new perks). Did not notice anything but did notice two things that caught my eye:

For the health care check-up, is it the full whiz-bang executive super-deluxe probe-every-orifice and scan every cell checkup, or just the stick out your tongue and say Ahh?

For the shopping/restaurants, anyone know if there is a list or can ball park the discounts (5% on non-sale items on the low end, to 50% off Starbucks and 2:1 First Class Seats at Cinema each time... that might clinch it for me actually). Imagine 50% off Starbucks and this would pay for itself O.o!

Okey, I'll partially answer my own question (I should spend more time digging through their web site). Starbucks does NOT appear to be on the list. Shopping appears to be the standard 5% off regular priced items and 10% off regular priced items at The Mall / Paragon.

Note: You can get an Expatriate M-Card from The Mall Group already for free which gives you the 5% off regular priced items already (plus you get points). Combined with it being 'regular' priced, a sale would net you a bigger discount. So not TOO much of a benefit in this regard.

The restaurants, quick random click seems to suggest 5-15% off on select restaurants. Does not include street vendors :P Includes a lot of 'Fine Dining' / Dress-To-Impress restaurants, so good if you frequent these types of restaurants. None in Pattaya, about 20 in Bangkok. If it only had Starbucks... and Krispy Kreme... and After You... or BP Muscle :P (protein powder technically counts as food!)

No details on their medical service, so still appreciate some advice there.

Some other perks are there (http://www.thailandelite.com/privilege.php) worth looking at if you are on the cusp. But nothing that I would say is *KILLER* feature that you gotta have.... like 50% off on Starbucks.

Okey, I'll stop talking about Starbucks...for now....

• Like 1

Okey, I'll partially answer my own question (I should spend more time digging through their web site). Starbucks does NOT appear to be on the list. Shopping appears to be the standard 5% off regular priced items and 10% off regular priced items at The Mall / Paragon.

Note: You can get an Expatriate M-Card from The Mall Group already for free which gives you the 5% off regular priced items already (plus you get points). Combined with it being 'regular' priced, a sale would net you a bigger discount. So not TOO much of a benefit in this regard.

The restaurants, quick random click seems to suggest 5-15% off on select restaurants. Does not include street vendors :P Includes a lot of 'Fine Dining' / Dress-To-Impress restaurants, so good if you frequent these types of restaurants. None in Pattaya, about 20 in Bangkok. If it only had Starbucks... and Krispy Kreme... and After You... or BP Muscle :P (protein powder technically counts as food!)

Some other perks are there (http://www.thailandelite.com/privilege.php) worth looking at if you are on the cusp. But nothing that I would say is *KILLER* feature that you gotta have.... like 50% off on Starbucks.

I went for a medical checkup at Bangkok Hospital in Phuket... once.

You can easily book through the TE member contact center.

The floor used for the medical check up (at that particular place at least) is indeed looking good. Relaxed atmosphere, nearly luxury, with classy and rather warm welcome.

The checkup is rather compete (takes half a day), but since I am not very much into these things, I don't really know what they checked.

All in all, the checkup is an "ok" experience..., especially for someone like me who tries to keep away from these types of places.

Ok... until a doctor finds something that has to be checked further.

In that case... you end up on another "normal" floor, with all the other people, nurses who smile much less, sick people everywhere, like in a typical hospital atmosphere.

I never went back :)

But, I guess that smart Thailand Elite members take advantage of this complementary medical checkup every year... When it is about health it is important (and free) (as long as we don't need further treatment).

Edited by gerry1011

The restaurants, quick random click seems to suggest 5-15% off on select restaurants. Does not include street vendors tongue.png Includes a lot of 'Fine Dining' / Dress-To-Impress restaurants, so good if you frequent these types of restaurants. None in Pattaya, about 20 in Bangkok. If it only had Starbucks... and Krispy Kreme... and After You... or BP Muscle tongue.png (protein powder technically counts as food!)

I went for a medical checkup at Bangkok Hospital in Phuket... once.

You can easily book through the TE member contact center.

The floor used for the medical check up (at that particular place at least) is indeed looking good. Relaxed atmosphere, nearly luxury, with classy and rather warm welcome.

The checkup is rather compete (takes half a day), but since I am not very much into these things, I don't really know what they checked.

All in all, the checkup is an "ok" experience..., especially for someone like me who tries to keep away from these types of places.

Ok... until a doctor finds something that has to be checked further.

In that case... you end up on another "normal" floor, with all the other people, nurses who smile much less, sick people everywhere, like in a typical hospital atmosphere.

I never went back smile.png

But, I guess that smart Thailand Elite members take advantage of this complementary medical checkup every year... When it is about health it is important (and free) (as long as we don't need further treatment).

I wonder if that is the Ultimate Check-Up: http://www.bangkokhospital.com/index.php/en/packages-promotions/health-checkup-packages

Which is a 23k package. (TO be honest, that's so cheap compared to the western world one should go for it all the time). But that is a 115k discount to the 500k package, bringing down the TE to 385k. Btw, are you on the 5-year or 20-year plan? (Might be different hospital perks).

I wonder if that is the Ultimate Check-Up: http://www.bangkokhospital.com/index.php/en/packages-promotions/health-checkup-packages

Which is a 23k package. (TO be honest, that's so cheap compared to the western world one should go for it all the time). But that is a 115k discount to the 500k package, bringing down the TE to 385k. Btw, are you on the 5-year or 20-year plan? (Might be different hospital perks).

Hmm, looks like the Health Checkup (like the Golf and Spa perks) are only for the 20 year membership at 2M. So if it is the Ultimate, that would be a 460k discount over the 20 year period, bringing the price down to 1.5M for 20 year membership.

It seems the 'best' perks tend to be on the 20 year membership rather than the 5 year. PIty.

So no big surprises here. They were never going to throw us another bone, they already have our money. I am not complaining but think it was unrealistic for people to expect anything great coming today.

No big surprises? There has been no news at all .... :-)

TiT

• Like 1

Well, we could always make our own news and pretend it's what they will do, then complain about it?

Or we can post our own optimistic view of what will be offered then cheer it on!

Negative: They will let you use your Thailand Elite card as a Rabbit Card! Yeah, super helpful!

Positive: 50% off on Starbucks. Wooohoo! Can I buy two, stack 'em and get 100% Off O.O!!!!!