LATEST: Vicious Hua Hin mob attack on British family caught on video stuns the world

webfact

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job Thai Visa for getting this video exposed to the world.

I would bet those Thais were on the drug "ice" rather than drunk on alcohol.

A highly addictive drug the ruins the lives of its users and their families.

Ice has become a huge problem in Australia and around the world.

It's the reason for the high increase in road rage with many incidents of extreme violence against other road users.

Apparently the users become super violent and have abnormally high strength while they are high on the drug.

It can take more than 4 policeman to subdue some of these addicts.

Good job, Thai police, if these thugs were from Hua Hin, it would have been easy to find them. Those two cowards on the pictures were not enough to beat the British family so they went to find 4 more thugs to make sure they could slaughter the "farangs". Let's hope they get an exemplary sentence and put in the "dangerous" ward of Nonthaburi prison where they belong.

What bloody nonsense!!! You call that a push? Two people brushing past each other with minimal contact on an overcrowded street is a push?!

Their hands got entangled and the brit chap just disentangled himself .

If you feel that is cause for such massive overreaction and carnage, then you need to get a mental checkup.

If there's anything I've learned, it's that many Thaivisa members think that brushing past or bumping into someone is worthy of a beatdown.

There seems to be so much anger under the surface in Thailand. Seeing a beating like this where helpless people are mercilessly kicked on the ground is nothing new, sadly. I've seen it in Thai-on-Thai fights too so it is not just anger against foreigners, although maybe some of that came into play here.

It was shocking, though, to see elderly folks so viciously attacked.

unprovoked?

they started it by pushing the thai guy and then she punches him in the face.

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

HEART OF GOLD

Your most likely an apologist.

What would you think if this was YOUR FAMILY!!! Protecting ones loved ones is a natural instinct fo us Westerners but you probably have Thainess disease syndrome.

I don't apologise for being a Ferang its my birthright . I'm so proud to be westerner and stay as one backing up all my kind all over the world not taking on another culture just because I lived there - that's insane. You are what you are - so to speak.

Get a life mate !!!

YOU need to sit quietly and study the video footage and you'll see very clearly that the woman started things by slapping the Thai mans face, this was followed by her son punching another Thai. I know that doesn't fit well with what you want but that is what happened and you can't change that.

Of course you, being Thai apologist in chief, approve of this family being beaten unconcious by a gang of young guys outnumbering them two to one.

As mickmac suggests, the British couple's son merely tries to guide the drunk man in the khaki shirt away from his parents... and then it starts

Nothing really got going untill the father in the flower patterned shirt decided to punch someone.

unprovoked?

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

HEART OF GOLD

What would you think if this was YOUR FAMILY!!! Protecting ones loved ones is a natural instinct fo us Westerners but you probably have Thainess disease syndrome.

I don't apologise for being a Ferang its my birthright . I'm so proud to be westerner and stay as one backing up all my kind all over the world not taking on another culture just because I lived there - that's insane. You are what you are - so to speak.

Get a life mate !!!

YOU need to sit quietly and study the video footage and you'll see very clearly that the woman started things by slapping the Thai mans face, this was followed by her son punching another Thai. I know that doesn't fit well with what you want but that is what happened and you can't change that.

Of course you, being Thai apologist in chief, approve of this family being beaten unconcious by a gang of young guys outnumbering them two to one.

Definitely don't approve of it but the fact is the visitors started the whole business, don't argue with me about it, go watch the video and see for your self and then argue with the video! BTW the Term Thai Apologist is passe any more, really dated.

Many Thais have a serious attitude problem when it comes to foreigners.

And kicking someone in the head deserves an attempted murder charge and conviction.

I hope foreigners find another holiday destination which is far safer and foreigner friendly.

Of course as we all know nobody ever kicks anyone in the head in the UK. They all fight strictly to the Queensbury rules when it comes to sorting things out at the end of a night.

I have seen this many times. Drunken Brit, and not just the blokes, thinking they are back in their home town on a weekend giving it the Big I am to the little thai bloke. No little Thai bloke is going to tell me what to do etc etc, even down to the classic " who are you looking at c~nt ! and then the next thing they know there are several little Thai blokes beating the crap out of them. Go to any town or city in the Uk on a weekend and you will see this and far worse. Women especially get away with a lot back in the UK because the vast majority of British blokes won't hit a woman and drunken female Brits in Thailand get rather a shock when the little Thai bloke does actually hits them.

Yes it was very nasty and it could have ended a lot worse than it did but for those here trying to make out this is a Thai thing are way off the mark.

I've spent many a drunken night exactly where this took place and never had a problem, nor anywhere in Thailand in over 12 years. Thais have their faults as do we all but unprovoked violence isn't one of them

When did you last see a family of tourists beaten unconcious in the UK? Take of the rosie specs.

Whomever started it, what civilized being, getting a slap on the face from an old lady for whatever reason good or not, would knock her down then kick her face violently while she's lying semi-unconscious?

None. This is animal behaviour. Can't be justified, whatever has been said or done before.

The bastard that fly kicked the women when she was already hurt and prone on the floor should be charged with attempted murder.

He is a vile, evil and a coward of the highest order.

And with him been Thai he will be fully aware karma will come back and haunt him.

She made a BIG mistake by slapping the Thai guy. What the hell was she thinking? She was probably also drunk, as was her son who fell despite not being pushed very hard. She did not deserve being kicked in the head but she is an idiot for slapping this guy. She should just have walked away and none of this would have happened. She learned a lesson the hard way.

Pretty disgusting and disrespectful behavior. The guy pushed the son, and he obviously hit his head on the concrete when he fell. That can easily result in death. Easily. Of course the mother was upset. Slapping the thai guy was a moderate (though stupid) reaction to him hurting her son. She just did not know what she was dealing with. There should be a warning by all embassies. Hassle or harass, or insult a Thai man at your own peril. Most simply do not have enough self esteem to walk away. And as we all know, they fight in groups, almost never alone. You simply cannot win a fight like that. Hopefully they will be severely punished. And fortunately, this kind of thing does not happen often, at least not randomly, like it happened here.

The common denominator = alcohol. The drug that suppresses your central nervous system affecting your ability to think rationally, act with co-ordination, changes behavior and increases your perception of what you can do.

When the British son made contact with the Thai the Thai man had a bottle in his hand. I doubt that it contained water. The Brits had according to witnesses spent the evening in a bar. I doubt they were drinking soft drinks. So a bump doesn't get apologized, an over reaction is a shove back, causing someone who maybe's had a few to fall over and bang his head. His ma reacts and ends up slapping the drunken Thai guy's face. Never going to end well after that as things escalated. The Dad, who at 68 should know better, and does in fact throw the first punch, hitting the Thai guy in the black shirt who later flattens him. Someone was restraining that Thai to begin with as he reacts to being punched by the dad and a tall farang guy in a light colored top and black cap was really trying to calm things down and then walks away flapping his arms indicating he just ain't getting through to ma and pa.

The Thais reacted as many who'd been drinking would - with violence out of all proportion. Add the Thai temper, the importance of face, the booze and being shoved and slapped by farangs, the reaction is fairly predictable.

Not excusing them because they went way over the top - but the actions of the Brits weren't smart, were needlessly aggressive and they started the actual hitting.

Go and shove and slap some 20-30 years old's who've been boozing in Glasgow, London, Liverpool, Cardiff, Sydney, Melbourne, or Jo'berg and see if they handle it differently.

The results are often fatal or cause permanent damage and remorse after sobering up and regain temper control are useless. I wish the tourists a speedy recovery and hope the culprits receive appropriate punishment.

Amid allegations that the story was "buried" in order to protect the country's tourism industry Thaivisa has been instrumental in seeing the matter come to light.

Mainstream Thai news services and television had not reported the incident until mid morning Thursday, some 12 hours after Thaivisa first posted the story and several hours after the story had gained international attention.

This resulted in some netizens alleging there was a cover-up to protect tourism at the traditional Thai New Year celebrations

Kudos to ThaiVisa for breaking the story.

But folks, you do realize that if you hadn't been on the Government's/Police watch list so far, you are by now...Simply by pulling the rug from the cover-up and by placing Thailand in the international spotlight again without a face, whether intentional, or not, doesn't matter.

unprovoked?

Metapod has terrible journalistic standards, the son brushed off, brushed, the Thai man that was crossing over his path, that's it, only brushing him off.

What you don't see or hear is if the man pushing the mothers son, if he verbalized profanities or threats against the family.

I can see he's pushing her and she slaps him in the face, slaps, not punches, maybe twice times.

The father goes around to stand next to his son, he gets PUNCHED out by a guy coming from his right.

Unprovoked and cowardly, all family members are punched out by the same guy, after that, the rest of the despicable, no good for nothing gang joins in.

What a bunch of piss ants and low lifes not even worthy to walk on hog shit.

Don't you dare to defend the perpetrators in this case, you'll end up on the same list as them, the list no one wants their name on.

unprovoked?

HEART OF GOLD

Get a life mate !!!

Definitely don't approve of it but the fact is the visitors started the whole business, don't argue with me about it, go watch the video and see for your self and then argue with the video! BTW the Term Thai Apologist is passe any more, really dated.

Don't tell me not to argue about it pal, watch it again without preconceived notions and then tell me it was the tourists' fault.

"Don't argue about it"....paper tigers!

As mickmac suggests, the British couple's son merely tries to guide the drunk man in the khaki shirt away from his parents... and then it starts

And that is very common in the West. You bump into someone or have to swerve out your way to miss them and you just touch it other on the arm as a sort of "sorry, whoops, doesn't matter" courtesy.

Here, it's different. My wife tells me should never do something like that, and never ever touch someone's head.

Thais have appalling spatial awareness but at the same time don't like their space been invaded and certainly not touched.

Tourists ain't gonna know this or that Western courtesies don't necessarily have the same context here.

Sickening level of violence though.

The following is a quote from an Australian newspaper

"Did anyone bother to watch the video?

The British family are clearly the aggressors, in fact the first punches and shoves are thrown by :

(1) The son (black shirt)

(2) The mother (blonde)

(3) The father (purple shirt).

Watch all the participants clearly to see what REALLY happened.

WHAT HAPPENED

Right from the beginning at the left of the screen, two Asian men are arguing.

(2 secs – 17 secs) : One of the Asian men in the light brown shirt is having aggressively shoving with another Asian man.

The ‘other’ Asian man walks away, followed by the first Asian in the light brown shirt.

(18 secs) : The British ’son’ shoves the Asian man in the light brown shirt as they pass each other.

(20 secs) : The Asian man in the light brown shirt then walks towards the son, taps (yes, taps) him on the shoulder.

(22 secs) : As the British ‘son’ turns around, he trips and falls to the ground. It’s clear he is drunk.

(26 secs) : The mother gets into an argument with the Asian man who is simply standing there listening to her.

(50 secs) : Unprovoked, she hits the Asian across the face. He does not respond or hit in reply.

(58 secs) : She continues to push and shove the Asian man who does not respond. Another Asian man in a black shirt attempts to separate her, not aggressively.

(1:10 secs) : The father in purple shirt on the left, then walks around the gathered crowd to the left of the screen (Keep your eye on the father).

(1:12 secs) : The father steps in and punches in the face the Asian man who is trying to separate the mother. The Asian man is then restrained by another Asian man and prevented form responding. The father makes his way again to the left of the screen.

(1:15 – 1:29 secs) : The Asian man is released from the man hold and makes his way around the crowd towards the father to return-hit the father.

(1:30 secs) : The Asian man king hits the father who falls the the ground, then kicks the father while he is down.

(1:37 secs) : The son – who has now recovered - and mother approach and confront the Asian man.

(1:38 secs) : The Asian man king hits the mother.

(1:39 secs) : The son goes to hit the Asian man, who responds by king hitting the son who then falls to the ground.

(1:43 secs) : Another (thin) Asian man kicks the son.

(1:44 secs) : The king-hitting Asian then kicks the son on the ground a couple of times and others join in.

(1:47secs) : The mother tries to get up. The father tries to get up.

(1:48 secs) : The thin Asian man kicks the father in the head who drops to the ground.

(1:50 secs) : The thin Asian man kicks the mother in the head who drops.

(1:50 secs – 2:25 secs) : The whole family is out cold."

I agree with the above blow by blow account. The Brits never backed down.. They didn't know when to shut up. The Thai actions were not surprising... But the force they used was obviously excessive. Drunks on both sides it would seem. Bad outcome that perhaps could have been avoided by the family.

unprovoked?

HEART OF GOLD

Get a life mate !!!

Don't tell me not to argue about it pal, watch it again without preconceived notions and then tell me it was the tourists' fault.

OK, watched it again, tourists fault, she slapped the Thai man, her son punched another and they got badly beaten as a result, sorry but I can't change the facts just to suit your wishes.

all able-bodied Thai people on the video who remained passive should be charged with failing to assist persons in danger.

being drunk is not an excuse.

these violent little thai braggart POS can be witnessed everywhere every day, the government should do something to stop them from thinking they are the kings and teach this pondscum some respect.

unprovoked?

Did she, Not From what I could see?

Would that justify the beating they got?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapata

Indeed she did. She gave the guy who pushed her son to the ground a little slap on the cheek

unprovoked?

Did she, Not From what I could see?

Would that justify the beating they got?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapata

Indeed she did. She gave the guy who pushed her son to the ground a little slap on the cheek
Yes but not a punch.

:)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

unprovoked?

HEART OF GOLD

Get a life mate !!!

If you were a policeman ( a real one) writing the report on this, based on the video, what would you say the was the first assault?

If / when you can answer that you can then check the sequence of events.

The resulting melee with people being knocked to the ground and severely and savagely, seemingly gratuitously, beaten kicked and stamped on is the result of the earlier assaults.

Watch is without bias, several times and check out all parts of the screen.

OK, watched it again, tourists fault, she slapped the Thai man, her son punched another and they got badly beaten as a result, sorry but I can't change the facts just to suit your wishes.

You keep on obsessing over 'facts' without being able to present a single one, not a one. How you 'read' events on that poor quality video is NOT fact, but opinion.....and that is a 'fact'.....learn the difference and you might get somewhere in a debate....

Archived