LATEST: Vicious Hua Hin mob attack on British family caught on video stuns the world

webfact

uptheos

in our country we don't pretend to be the land of smiles that conceals the sucker-punch-death-kick. Thailand prides itself on a tourist image that is a lie!

Also we follow up on things so the results and sentencing gets reported. Do you know how difficult it is in Thailand to find out what happened or to read about the court case/sentencing? It rarely if ever happens because so many Thai crooks are let off or buy themselves out.

We have laws that are enforced and a much much less corrupt police force. The differences are many and varied, but in Thailand the scum are put back on the street, if they are even ever removed.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's incredible!!!! he video isn't particularly clear; yet on the other thread running on this topic, as well as this one the 'victim blaming apologists/trolls' who always plague threads like this in order to get a rise have managed to analyse the entire situation from start to finish placing the blame firmly at the feet of the tourists.....

Unreal. Next they'll be saying the tourists should be banned from Thailand or maybe jailed for soiling 'sacred' Thai shoes with their blood.....

What's really incredible that some people have watched that video and are in complete denial of the facts, the video is very clear and what happened is even more so.

unprovoked?

they started it by pushing the thai guy and then she punches him in the face.

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

HEART OF GOLD

Your most likely an apologist.

What would you think if this was YOUR FAMILY!!! Protecting ones loved ones is a natural instinct fo us Westerners but you probably have Thainess disease syndrome.

I don't apologise for being a Ferang its my birthright . I'm so proud to be westerner and stay as one backing up all my kind all over the world not taking on another culture just because I lived there - that's insane. You are what you are - so to speak.

Get a life mate !!!

YOU need to sit quietly and study the video footage and you'll see very clearly that the woman started things by slapping the Thai mans face, this was followed by her son punching another Thai. I know that doesn't fit well with what you want but that is what happened and you can't change that.

Here we go, another 'professional' video analyst telling us how 'to read' it to fit with his apologist agenda......

What's really incredible that some people have watched that video and are in complete denial of the facts, the video is very clear and what happened is even more so.

What 'facts' can you define from that grainy video? The only 'facts' on show are that facts that the family were subjected to a vicious and cowardly attack. They are the only FACTS you apologists can try and dress it up and apportion blame to fit your apologist agenda.

They are the only 'facts' on show, you can 'speculate' all you like but with no sound, or even clear pictures of what led up to the incident, your prattle about 'facts' are reduced to rubble.....

the elderly lady and Thai drunk scum were talking/communicating before she slapped him. No doubt with the Thai man's drunken aggressive state he was not being polite (far from it I suspect) and I noted he moved a little sideways to block off her view or movement back to her husband/son which is very telling of his attitude. No wonder she slapped him as it was more than deserved and she probably felt threatened and isolated - wrong move, but in a civilised country it would have usually caused far greater shame to attack a women in public. What was never deserved is the Thai man's reaction and the severity of the attack. I would give them life sentences for tryng to kill the women. It was sickening! Nobody can excuse it and it's as Thai as Thainess can be. Loss of face, drunk, mob violence

why oh why do the people that get arrested almost never look like the people who actually committed the crime???

You should point that question to the Thai Visa Forum defective detective brigade.

Not only are they able to analyse the causes for this outrage from a few seconds of grainy, low quality silent video, they can also apportion blame and guilt on the victims.

Aren't they wonderful as they deal in 'facts' from behind their keyboards with not a single second of real professional experience, they can analyse this crime in minute detail and find out who is guilty from this one cruddy video as they slurp on their first urine warm Archa of the afternoon putting up the 'case closed' signs.......

So we have a "strapping" guy of 32 calling 4 mates to help attack a couple in their 60's.

He was "so" drunk, yet he can conveniently remember having his arm "brushed".

Why did it take 2 weeks for this video to surface ?

Are these 2 guys pictured "fall-guys" paid off by the "influential" family ?

why oh why do the people that get arrested almost never look like the people who actually committed the crime???

In the video the big guy in black knocks all 3 westerners to the ground with a punch and another guy goes round and kicks each of them in the head to finish them off.

Are the two guys that got arrested the punching and the kicking guys?

HEART OF GOLD

Your most likely an apologist.

What would you think if this was YOUR FAMILY!!! Protecting ones loved ones is a natural instinct fo us Westerners but you probably have Thainess disease syndrome.

I don't apologise for being a Ferang its my birthright . I'm so proud to be westerner and stay as one backing up all my kind all over the world not taking on another culture just because I lived there - that's insane. You are what you are - so to speak.

Get a life mate !!!

YOU need to sit quietly and study the video footage and you'll see very clearly that the woman started things by slapping the Thai mans face, this was followed by her son punching another Thai. I know that doesn't fit well with what you want but that is what happened and you can't change that.

Here we go, another 'professional' video analyst telling us how 'to read' it to fit with his apologist agenda......

What 'facts' can you define from that grainy video? The only 'facts' on show are that facts that the family were subjected to a vicious and cowardly attack. They are the only FACTS you apologists can try and dress it up and apportion blame to fit your apologist agenda.

They are the only 'facts' on show, you can 'speculate' all you like but with no sound, or even clear pictures of what led up to the incident, your prattle about 'facts' are reduced to rubble.....

If you can't or don't want to see what most everyone else sees, you're a troll. Out.

BTW do try and improve your vocabulary, the term Thai Apologist has been done to death, it was passe months ago.

...gotta face the facts....

...and please do not call the victims racist....

...face the facts.....

...racists would not come to a foreign land......

...another thing..... people do not go on holiday to commit suicide ....

unprovoked?

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

I couldn't agree more. ThaiVisa certainly need some basic lessons in journalism.

Mainstream Thai news services and television had not reported the incident until mid morning Thursday, some 12 hours after Thaivisa first posted the story and several hours after the story had gained international attention.

WELL DONE THAI VISA ! ! !

Totally agree with you "coxo".Thailand is not even near what and how it was 15 years ago when i retired here.

Me and my wife have had NO help at all when i had an accident some month ago.I want to go to Goverment office to file a complaint that the police don't do there work,but my wife have a Restaurant so you never know what's gonna happen IF i would do that.

Immigration,same freaking shakedowns...CORRUPT..to the bone and it seems that this facesaving thing is waaaaay moore important than doing proper Policework,or any work for that matter.

Now even my wife and here friends starts sloooowly to dislike their own country and all the corruption and misstrust towards Goverment officials..My wife now talk daily about us moving to another country.I have NO respect at all for the Police here and i have NO faith,if something would happen to me, to get a fair trail.

Well maybe it's time to leave,time will tell.And i write this much because i've been working in Uniform toghether with my homelands Policeforce and other countrys Special Forces.

Sorry all to sound alittlebit harsh,but i found it to be the truth in many cases...THERE ARE MANY FINE THAIS THAT HATE THIS KIND OF VIOLANCE AS MUCH AS ME.And to be honest..this sh** happens in my own homecountry to...I hate alohol and what it brings to the table..violance.

Have a good day all and i hope all the offenders get what they deserve,but i doubt it..I want a followup on this to see what kind a prisontime they get.

Have a good day everyone.

The police, no that's not what they are, scum bags are to busy fining people for having noisy motorbikes so they can put cash into their pockets, do correct police work and protect the public bah, never happen in Thailand, the country's gone to s-it, LOS no more!

Duidui48 - if I think back how great Thailand was over two decades ago, when I moved here, I could just sit there, shake my head in disbelief and cry...

Totally understand yours and your wife's sentiment wanting to move to another country. But there, the biggest problem starts: After the mass immigration tsunami in Europe, most of us whities are now foreigners in our own countries, because there the immigrants receive better treatment than our own countrymen along with special "get out of jail free" cards.

Let's take Germany for example and a scene just like the Hua Hin video: If the victims were immigrants and the attackers German, all media hell would break lose all over the world. The deed would be condemned, candles, singing, flowers and teddy bears would light up the street where it happened... The other way around? The (German) victims would be blamed for having started the brawl, and the attackers would get a slap on the wrist from court (perhaps 10 hours of social work) while being hailed as heroes in their little no go area communities... That's the sad truth of today...

So where should we go? Especially after having lived in Thailand for such a long time and most with Thai/Farang mixed families??? Looking at the whole picture, I think that we are still better off in Thailand, even though the quality of life here has declined a lot over the past 10 years...

Many Thais have a serious attitude problem when it comes to foreigners.

And kicking someone in the head deserves an attempted murder charge and conviction.

I hope foreigners find another holiday destination which is far safer and foreigner friendly.

Of course as we all know nobody ever kicks anyone in the head in the UK. They all fight strictly to the Queensbury rules when it comes to sorting things out at the end of a night.

I have seen this many times. Drunken Brit, and not just the blokes, thinking they are back in their home town on a weekend giving it the Big I am to the little thai bloke. No little Thai bloke is going to tell me what to do etc etc, even down to the classic " who are you looking at c~nt ! and then the next thing they know there are several little Thai blokes beating the crap out of them. Go to any town or city in the Uk on a weekend and you will see this and far worse. Women especially get away with a lot back in the UK because the vast majority of British blokes won't hit a woman and drunken female Brits in Thailand get rather a shock when the little Thai bloke does actually hits them.

Yes it was very nasty and it could have ended a lot worse than it did but for those here trying to make out this is a Thai thing are way off the mark.

I've spent many a drunken night exactly where this took place and never had a problem, nor anywhere in Thailand in over 12 years. Thais have their faults as do we all but unprovoked violence isn't one of them

Regardless of the opinions ... Why would it be necessary for a gang of five or six men to brutally assault pensioners, and a woman pensioner at that? Sounds like the group were planning to do something like that.

Gang attacks on old people is not normal behavior in any society.

Thailand's Karma. The police have ignored crime or opted for "Wai ... so sorry" punishment so long, crime is getting out of control so much so it makes international news.

It really doesn't matter to me how did what to who, the more shocking action is by the cowardly guy who kicked the elderly woman in the face even though she was already bashed severely. What a real hero that guy is. Maybe if I run over him in a truck and plead, " I was drunk at the time" I too can get off lightly.

Pretty disgusting and disrespectful behavior. The guy pushed the son, and he obviously hit his head on the concrete when he fell. That can easily result in death. Easily. Of course the mother was upset. Slapping the thai guy was a moderate (though stupid) reaction to him hurting her son. She just did not know what she was dealing with. There should be a warning by all embassies. Hassle or harass, or insult a Thai man at your own peril. Most simply do not have enough self esteem to walk away. And as we all know, they fight in groups, almost never alone. You simply cannot win a fight like that. Hopefully they will be severely punished. And fortunately, this kind of thing does not happen often, at least not randomly, like it happened here.

I reviewed over and over...

The Thai drunk swarfed in the path from the son, almost shoulder to shoulder ...

After a few meters, the thai drunk turned himself towards the son, who only wanted to mind his own business, sucker-pushing the son from behind.

The son appeared to be fallen coz of a small mis stepping on the sidewalk or whatever...

Then the shit hit the fan...

So, unprovoked...

Sorry sir, i was drunk, won't do it again...

There is a reason for people start hating Songkran festival... and i mean Thai people hating it...

Lock them up and toss the key... no need for further proof or excuses... one guy kicked all three victims their heads... and... nobody stepped in but 1...

unprovoked?

What a joke you are Metapod...whats your real name? i will come and kick your mum in the mouth, and your elderly father, if you have one, goose, and see how you like it...go suck up to the thai way of life somewhere else...no matter where you are in the world, there is no excuse for kicking anyone, let alone a woman, elderly at that, while on the ground...you deserve a dropkick you maggot Metapod....

unprovoked?

Take another good look at the video Metapod. IMHO the drunk guy in Khaki shirt, first of all tries it on with his mate in the black shirt, who doesn't want to know, and as he is doing this the tourist guy tries to guide the guy in Khaki away from his mum and dad, at which the drunken guy pushes him to the ground where he bangs his head. Then it kicks off from there. The guy in black, who the drunk in Khaki shirt was originally arguing with now comes flying in hitting all before and after him. At what point did the old lady hit him, she was arguing with him when he decided to punch her in the jaw, quickly followed by her son. Then the piece de resistance another drunken gobshite then decides to start kicking heads.

I feel that until these people who perpetrate this type of action start to get sentenced to do some hard time then this problem will only get worse.

Stop being an apologist for the dredges of thai manhood.

"Thailand's Karma. The police have ignored crime or opted for "Wai ... so sorry" punishment so long, crime is getting out of control so much so it makes international news."

Indeed!

add the corruption where scape-goats are found and rich/powerful Thai's escape justice and a land where too many criminals are out and not in jail.

I am shocked by the viciousness of this attack,especially against the lady.These kind of attacks are happening all too often and nothing is done.Then we have the clowns in Bangkok saying the law is the law and arresting people for having a red plastikc bowl!!!!To quote Bob Dylan:"People are crazy,Tmes are strange,I'm locked in tight and outta range"And it is time to get out of range as far as I am concerned...time to leave,it's been great but it's gonna get worse.Adios!

unprovoked?

Metapod

I suggest you buy some new glasses and watch it again.... The Thai guys are having some kind of argument (clearly drunk).... The 3 farangs are walking past them and the son brushes up against one of them who immediately turns round and strikes out at the son, who then falls to the floor and probably knocks his head.... it's only then that his parents quite rightly intervene..... the mother does strike him yes, but why shouldn't she when she's angry and wanting to protect her son...... what happens after that is truly disgusting.

Archived