LATEST: Vicious Hua Hin mob attack on British family caught on video stuns the world

webfact

The bad thing about this is that it will bring more divide between Thai and Farrang and anyone who has studied the video can see that the grandpa Farrang threw the first punch around the 0.55 mark in the flowery shirt which kicked it all off

Thais will think we're all troublemakers now

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree the skinny one who kicked her while she was down was wrong...he needs to be caught. But the guy throwing the punches was in an uncontrolled drunken rage because the flowery guy hit him first. (Which is not an excuse but explains why it went out of control)

Not to mention the grandma was also unwise to slap that Thai guy who may I note did nothing following that.... and I agree with others... she is not back in the west where women can do anything and men stand back and take it ... this is the real world.. women have been brainwashed in the west to think that men have to submit to them

Once any fight gets out of control in Thailand they all join in and it gets very messy because their instinct is to stick up for each other. Thai's are like one big family.you will know this if you study their language...Ive seen it happen on Soi Arab in Pattaya... they should have just walked away after the son slipped and fell

and that whole 'brush of the arm' thing at the start looked a lot more like drunken obnoxious behavior to me, he literally reaches out at the Thai guy

The bad thing about this is that it will bring more divide between Thai and Farrang and anyone who has studied the video can see that the grandpa Farrang threw the first punch around the 0.55 mark in the flowery shirt which kicked it all off

Thais will think we're all troublemakers now

Not so.....smile.png

In that part of LOS folk know about farangs and farangs have no knowledge of LOS......Thais are used to it...

Putting the boot in to any old bird who is incapacitated is the action of a cowardly turd...

The guy must be found....The PM must come on Tv and tell us all his action....Me, bit tired of the PM talking about rice every night, lets have some talk about action towards those who are destroying LOS tourist stuff..

As a side note, it's kind of funny that some guys are so confused about gender politics that they seem to think feminism is responsible for the 'don't hit a girl' thing, rather than the preceding generations of patronising, patriarchal 'weaker sex' bullshit.

Nobody thinks this, they think that women's overly aggressive behaviour towards men is caused by feminism... the don't hit a girl thing is proliferated by white knights who think that women can't do anything wrong or to provoke a man

As a side note, it's kind of funny that some guys are so confused about gender politics that they seem to think feminism is responsible for the 'don't hit a girl' thing, rather than the preceding generations of patronising, patriarchal 'weaker sex' bullshit.

Three posters in particular - chiang mai, Roobuk and Metapod - clearly indicate that their life and Thai experience have taught them absolutely nothing about justice and acceptable public behaviour. Their views belong to another much earlier and far more primitive era. Thankfully their opinions are not representative of the average farang, nor of the majority of Thai people who would find their defence of Thai macho brutality and loss of face excuse irrelevant to this situation. As human beings the three posters are trash, on the same level as the thugs depicted in the video.

I feel honoured to be included in a small group who are capable of understanding a short video and comprehending the cultures that underscores it.

Perhaps time for you to go home now that your holiday here is over because you haven't learned very much, you especially don't realise that this aint Kansas!

I am Australian not American and am living in Thailand - in Pathum Thani where there are few foreigners. I also speak Thai. I don't know any Thais capable of kicking unconscious old women nor do I see a culture here that underscores such acts.

Nobody thinks this, they think that women's overly aggressive behaviour towards men is caused by feminism... the don't hit a girl thing is proliferated by white knights who think that women can't do anything wrong or to provoke a man

That makes no sense. If they can't do anything wrong or provoke anyone, why would anyone want to hit them in the first place?

Three posters in particular - chiang mai, Roobuk and Metapod - clearly indicate that their life and Thai experience have taught them absolutely nothing about justice and acceptable public behaviour. Their views belong to another much earlier and far more primitive era. Thankfully their opinions are not representative of the average farang, nor of the majority of Thai people who would find their defence of Thai macho brutality and loss of face excuse irrelevant to this situation. As human beings the three posters are trash, on the same level as the thugs depicted in the video.

I feel honoured to be included in a small group who are capable of understanding a short video and comprehending the cultures that underscores it.

Perhaps time for you to go home now that your holiday here is over because you haven't learned very much, you especially don't realise that this aint Kansas!

I am Australian not American and am living in Thailand - in Pathum Thani where there are few foreigners. I also speak Thai. I don't know any Thais capable of kicking unconscious old women nor do I see a culture here that underscores such acts.

I am British and have lived here full time for twelve years. If you think you have never met any "Thais capable of kicking unconscious old women", you haven;t looked closely enough because all are and all will,.if they think it necessary.I also speak Thai although why that is relevant is not clear.

Are you serious? Regardless of who was responsible for the first brush and whatever perceived rudeness that involved, you suggest that the Thai response was only disproportionate because the victims are elderly? Did you look at the video, the King hitting, violent face stomping? On what level and in what fantasy could this ever be a justified response, regardless of age...ok if the victims were 30 or 40 rather than 60s?

This was an attempt to kill these people. Any reasonable person, looking at the video, would conclude that this was attempted murder. A full force stomp to the unprotected head of a defenceless victim= attempted murder. That is what the charge should be. I hope they rot in prison. Being drunk and stupid is not an excuse: these are violent psychopaths

Attempted murder?

Yes, he is absolutely correct. When someone is lying down on the concrete, a full stomp to the head can quite possibly kill them. Convict them for attempted murder. 20 years in prison is appropriate.

I'd say a hefty fine is an appropriate consequence. Jail time if it a first offence is over the top.

Why an old woman is taking part in drunken New Year celebrations is questionable.

This was a fight, that's all. yes, a woman was hit but because she started it.

All the hang em high brigade are out just because it is Thais v us.

Also, Spidermike, Thais do fight alone. I've been here over 30 years and seen it many times. It's a myth about Thais only fighting when outnumbering the other, unless it is a holiday resort like Pattaya, where often the Thais have good reason to dislike the average tourist.

I would personally love to witness a Thai man fighting alone. Without a weapon that is. I would pay to see that.

And if you do not think that kicking a 65 year old woman while she is down on the sidewalk, in the head, is worthy of punishment, we live in different universes. A fine? How weak. What does that tell the public? If you have some cash, you can kick anyone's ass. Not much of a message, nor deterrent. A hefty punishment is what they deserve. A hefty prison term. That woman could have easily died. What kind of vermin kicks a 65 year old woman in the head, with their boots, while she is down on the concrete? He could have crushed her skull, easily. He could have blinded her. Assault and battery is the minimum crime the man children should be charged with.

I know the apologists will say she slapped him. No doubt, that was a fabulously ignorant thing to do. No doubt. But, it was a light slap, and it was after her son got shoved. A real man would be capable of walking away from that. By a real man, I am describing a man with self esteem, who has a sense of self, and some emotional maturity. That is quite obviously not who this cockroach is.

Just because you don't know them it doesn't mean there aren't 1000's of them out there.

As a little experiment I went to google and searched for a horrific crime, seconds later I came across a story about a man who cut his own mothers head off just a few weeks ago.

Read all about it by going to google and searching for 'Bang Rachan son cut head off'

Edit: Apparently he beat the shit out of her before he cut the head off, all to alleviate her suffering rolleyes.gif

"They're such lovely people. They won't mind if we slap them."

Really?

Anyway, dude lives in Singapore. He ought to know the ropes.

You're deliberately missing the obvious.

Remonstrating first. No idea what was said in that conversation that resulted in her slapping him which is why I come down to 2 options:

1) the guy said something bad enough that caused her to slap him or

2) she was a typical self-entitled Western woman who thought it was OK to slap a man for no reason.

You ever considered that they speak different languages ?

Are you believe a average Thai understand a spoken Word of a Britain or Welsh?

Don't forget the environment, loud music everywhere from the bars. Drunken people Walking around and shouting.

To much generalizing, there is no typical Thai, there is no typical Britain, there is no typical farang. There are different Individuums with different education, behavior and social skills. I don't accept any violence, independent of the case and i also condemn self justice.

When I read some of the comments here, i conclude there are a lot of Expats and tourists in Thailand with a big Lack of Intelligence and really bad behavior. No wonder when some Thais "hate farangs".

It needs a bit of Intelligence and common sense to avoid Situations like this. Unfortunately there are to much stupid, drunken low life farangs in this country who spend to much time in Bars and Redlight districts and think this is Thailand.

This is a truly shocking incident, which everyone should condemn. The level of violence is an ever growing reminder of the type of society we are now living in - not just in Thailand of course.

The actions of these young men is totally unacceptable, drunk or not there should be an inbuilt trigger in our brains, developed at an early age, subconscious and otherwise that this sort of behavior is terribly wrong. The other natural conclusion is that striking out at elderly people such as this is as outrageous as it would be to strike out at a child or a disabled person.

One has to say that this was not an entirely unprovoked attack and although we should/could not in any way justify the actions of the young Thai men it is reasonable to acknowledge the full set of incidents, as can be seen on the unedited CCTV pictures. Again we still have to be guarded because what I refer to as the unedited pictures may in themselves not reveal the whole series of events.

What seems to be evident is the argumentative state of the Thai men as they approach the three Brits. The Thai man in the lighter T shirt (1) holding a bottle in his right hand seems to be grabbed or fingered by the son of the British couple as he walks by who then over reacts by turning back and pushing the younger Brit who loses his balance and falls hitting his head in the process. The same Thai man is then taken to task by the Brits Mother who eventually seems to slap the guy around his face; this would be extreme provocation although he seems to keep his cool at that time, he would appear to be very drunk given the way he staggered around. The dark shirted Thai man (2) walking with him then enters the argument and is grabbed from behind by the Brits son and is held while his father punches him; a second act of extreme provocation. It was after this punch that various other Thai men join the scuffle and a different Thai man in a dark T shirt (3), which looks the same design as the other dark T shirt, hits the Brit Mother in the face.

The man in the dark T shirt (2) then seems to walk away but circles round the back of the crowd and targets directly the older Brit with a hard punch to the face which is followed by a kick. The mother then approaches the man in the dark T shirt (2) and herself takes a hard punch to her face from him and as the son follows up behind her he also takes a similar punch to the face followed by some kicks whilst he is on the ground. The other Dark shirted Thai man (3) is pushed away from the Mother after he hit her in the face by other Thai's although he too circles around to the action and stamps on the son's head while he lies on the ground. He then proceeds to kick the father and then swings a dreadful kick into the face of the mother as she tries to sit up from the ground. Whist this is going on the kicking of the Brits continues by the black T shirt guy (2). The lighter coloured T shirt guy (1) who was slapped by the mother initially was then seen, still holding his bottle, as he returned to stamp on the sons head several times.

Incredible wrong doing on all sides.

The Thai guys need to be prosecuted for their obvious crimes but the judge will also need to take account of the actions of the Brits which was far less than sensible.

This is a truly shocking incident, which everyone should condemn. The level of violence is an ever growing reminder of the type of society we are now living in - not just in Thailand of course.

The actions of these young men is totally unacceptable, drunk or not there should be an inbuilt trigger in our brains, developed at an early age, subconscious and otherwise that this sort of behavior is terribly wrong. The other natural conclusion is that striking out at elderly people such as this is as outrageous as it would be to strike out at a child or a disabled person.

One has to say that this was not an entirely unprovoked attack and although we should/could not in any way justify the actions of the young Thai men it is reasonable to acknowledge the full set of incidents, as can be seen on the unedited CCTV pictures. Again we still have to be guarded because what I refer to as the unedited pictures may in themselves not reveal the whole series of events.

What seems to be evident is the argumentative state of the Thai men as they approach the three Brits. The Thai man in the lighter T shirt (1) holding a bottle in his right hand seems to be grabbed or fingered by the son of the British couple as he walks by who then over reacts by turning back and pushing the younger Brit who loses his balance and falls hitting his head in the process. The same Thai man is then taken to task by the Brits Mother who eventually seems to slap the guy around his face; this would be extreme provocation although he seems to keep his cool at that time, he would appear to be very drunk given the way he staggered around. The dark shirted Thai man (2) walking with him then enters the argument and is grabbed from behind by the Brits son and is held while his father punches him; a second act of extreme provocation. It was after this punch that various other Thai men join the scuffle and a different Thai man in a dark T shirt (3), which looks the same design as the other dark T shirt, hits the Brit Mother in the face.

The man in the dark T shirt (2) then seems to walk away but circles round the back of the crowd and targets directly the older Brit with a hard punch to the face which is followed by a kick. The mother then approaches the man in the dark T shirt (2) and herself takes a hard punch to her face from him and as the son follows up behind her he also takes a similar punch to the face followed by some kicks whilst he is on the ground. The other Dark shirted Thai man (3) is pushed away from the Mother after he hit her in the face by other Thai's although he too circles around to the action and stamps on the son's head while he lies on the ground. He then proceeds to kick the father and then swings a dreadful kick into the face of the mother as she tries to sit up from the ground. Whist this is going on the kicking of the Brits continues by the black T shirt guy (2). The lighter coloured T shirt guy (1) who was slapped by the mother initially was then seen, still holding his bottle, as he returned to stamp on the sons head several times.

Incredible wrong doing on all sides.

The Thai guys need to be prosecuted for their obvious crimes but the judge will also need to take account of the actions of the Brits which was far less than sensible.

Obviously she thought she was still in the West and that she could get away with slapping a Thai man in the face...as they say in Thai, som nam na. All a result from her dumb behaviour. Why couldn't they just turn away and let it go? Noooo, they needed to spell this thai guy a lesson....well; they got a hard lesson in return. If she slapped a thai woman, she would have gotten same result. Obviously it escalated, as it always does, when a fight starts in thailand, with cowardly kicking after one is down already...typical thai style. Don't start a fight that you can never win in a foreign country....lesson learned.

It has been reported that the son has left Thailand, leaving his parents in the country (mother in hospital). There is only one reason

why one would "abandon" family members in such a sitiuation.

Yes, tell us please. It seems you are omniscient.

If you have read other comments / forums you will find that the son works / lives in Singapore so i presume he had to return to work.

It has been reported that the son has left Thailand, leaving his parents in the country (mother in hospital). There is only one reason

why one would "abandon" family members in such a sitiuation.

Yes, tell us please. It seems you are omniscient.
If you have read other comments / forums you will find that the son works / lives in Singapore so i presume he had to return to work.
I would advise, read between the line [emoji6]

I still consider Thailand to be foreigner friendly, and take exception to the hyperbole that koolkari is dispensing.

I've been living in Thailand for 10 years and I don't think Thailand is as friendly to foreigners as you say . Just my 2 cents.

1. Foreigners are limited to jobs they can have here (for example, you can't be a taxi driver or a builder...)

2. Foreigners are not allowed to own land or houses completely (those foreigners who believe they own land or houses, they are deceived because they don't, they are just guests).

3. The paperwork to stay in Thailand is getting more and more ridiculous.

4. I have felt the negative energy from Thais for no reason several times during my stay. Not all of them want to see you in Thailand. Some of them just hate foreigners.

5. Don't forget of multiple cases where foreigners were cheated by taxi drivers.

That doesn't seem so friendly, does it?

pure hatred against the tourist that is what it is, TAT of Thailand does not really protect the tourist. It shows the lack of respect for the elderly people as well. Thailand does not have proper laws to protect the tourist and Tourism Industry, it is a shame. The land of free (CRIMES) and the LAND of the SMILES ???? It is true that there are also many nice people in Thailand, but government does not protect enough the Tourist, that is why this things are happening. I am surprised that PRAYUT CHAN-O-CHA das not take any action. He is a man of action.

Hopefully they will give a law to protect the Tourism Industry, give them 10 years of prison, plus to pay for the medical fees and pay for the pain. That is how you educate the savage.

....Without promotion, something terrible happens... nothing! Politeness and civility are the best capital ever invested in business. Large stores, gilt signs, flaming advertisements, will all prove unavailing if you or your employees treat your patrons abruptly. The truth is, the more kind and liberal a man is, the more generous will be the patronage bestowed upon him.

....such wise words from eon's ago.....to all of youse out there in 00 01 land....it's apparent after years of living here that the " And me? I still believe in paradise. But now at least I know it's not some place you can look for. Because it's not where you go. It's how you feel for a moment in your life when you're a part of something. And if you find that moment... It lasts forever." is indeed over

....this kind a crap "NEVER" happened before....don't matter what pep's say....never happened....I know...I've been here the whole time.....I've seen the slide....it's getting worse....worse .....worse....worse...worse..... sigh.....how many times can I say it....ya....I live here....work here....and I can't help but feel the brunt of the shadow that's

<deleted>

....who can save Thailand?

If you are not happy with how things are run here there is plenty other countries to retire at.

The topic isn't about retirees, it's about holidaymakers.

But I sort of agree with you, Thailand isn't really a suitable destination for western holidaymakers any more IMHO.

<deleted>.

Thailand is one of the most popular tourism destinations of the world and will continue to be so.

Problem is people who get drunk and start fights (the British tourists in this case)

Just saw this post. So it was the Brits fault full stop? Thai individuals had nothing to do with the mayhem? Can't argue that Thailand is popular with tourists and people get drunk and start fights but perhaps it is out of character for a Thai person be so cold as to knock out a 60+ lady and put a kick on fit for UFC. These Brits probably were out just like the amicable Thai guys were for a day of relaxation and celebration. However, animal instincts came out and I'm not referring to the British tourists in this case.

Archived