Top brass police gather in Hua Hin as final suspect apologises for brutal attack

rooster59

Top brass police gather in Hua Hin as final suspect apologises for brutal attack

post-247607-0-64068800-1461973352_thumb.
Image: Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn

HUA HIN:-- Top brass police gathered in Hua Hin Friday to confirm that all suspects in the assault of three British tourists have now been rounded up and charged.

Commander Wuthi Liptapallop joined with other senior officers in assuring the public that everything would be done to try and ensure the safety of tourists in the wake of the shocking attacks that caused uproar throughout the world.

Wuthi met with the fourth person arrested, twenty year old Chaiya (or Boy) Jaibun who said that the four suspects had begun drinking in the evening and by the time of the attacks, which they have all admitted, they had consumed 16 bottles between them.

He told Wuthi that it happened because they were drunk. One of the tourists had bumped into one of the suspects and the situation escalated from there. He apologised giving a 'wai'.

RELATED: British family 'vow never to return' after savage Hua Hin street attack

Wuthi said that this was an important case as it involved tourists and police had worked hard to resolve the matter quickly and efficiently. Following a news conference in which tourist organisations and business leaders presented floral tributes to thank the police for their work on the case, Wuthi went to visit the site of the April 13th attack in Soi Bintabaht, central Hua Hin.

It emerged that the CCTV that helped the case reach an international audience had been fitted in Hua Hin some three months ago. Some 60 HD cameras had been deployed in 22 locations and those in Soi Bintabaht were instrumental in being able to clearly define the faces of the attackers even though it was nighttime.

One news site, Voice, reported that the four suspects would face charges of dangerous assault causing serious injury, that can result in a maximum ten year sentence.

Police said that Lewis John Owen the 43 year old son had returned to the UK though British newspapers said he went to Singapore where he works. The parents, 68 year old Lewis Owen and his wife Rosemary, also in her sixties, are now out of hospital and are staying in a Hua Hin hotel and will go back to the UK (and their home in Wales) on May 3rd.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-30

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harming Thailand's image and jeopardizing tourism holds more weight than the bodily harm to the victims.

Nothing a little round up of the perpetrators and a few sorries won't resolve,,in the minds of Thai Officialdom.

I wonder if the rest of the civilized world not under the control and threats of a uniformed group with all of the guns will agree Thailand is still a great place to risk coming.

To make things really right, those unfortunate tourists, should be invited back by TAT and give a right

royal treatment of no less that 5 starts all the way, coupled with a hefty compensation for the sufferings,

and suffered they did, and those thugs should be brought to prostate, grovels and beg forgiveness the

Thai way, for the whole world to see, and than maybe, just maybe, this case can be

put aside.... ( until the next one ).....

"Commander Wuthi Liptapallop joined with other senior officers in assuring the public that everything would be done to try and ensure the safety of tourists in the wake of the shocking attacks that caused uproar throughout the world."

this is such a god damned lie. i was in Soi Bintabaht the night this happened. there were no police anywhere.

funny, for some reason this story does not mention the attacks took place about 150 yards from the police station.

there were drunk Thai kids SITTING IN FRONT OF THE POLICE STATION.

Soi Bintabaht was packed with people, you could hardly move, there were many times people were panicking to get off the streets as people began pushing and shoving.

"Wuthi said that this was an important case as it involved tourists and police had worked hard to resolve the matter quickly and efficiently. Following a news conference in which tourist organisations and business leaders presented floral tributes to thank the police for their work on the case, Wuthi went to visit the site of the April 13th attack in Soi Bintabaht, central Hua Hin."

What work? siting on your ass a block away while someone gets beaten?

but everything is OK now, here are some flowers.

My Thai friends really believe this.

They said to me last night "These guys were on tv, gave a Wai and apologised, saying they were drunk. All is ok now"

I asked if they really meant that. They replied yes of course. Thais accept their apology.

I really can't believe Thai mentality.

"Commander Wuthi Liptapallop joined with other senior officers in assuring the public that everything would be done to try and ensure the safety of tourists in the wake of the shocking attacks that caused uproar throughout the world."

this is such a god damned lie. i was in Soi Bintabaht the night this happened. there were no police anywhere.

funny, for some reason this story does not mention the attacks took place about 150 yards from the police station.

there were drunk Thai kids SITTING IN FRONT OF THE POLICE STATION.

Soi Bintabaht was packed with people, you could hardly move, there were many times people were panicking to get off the streets as people began pushing and shoving.

"Wuthi said that this was an important case as it involved tourists and police had worked hard to resolve the matter quickly and efficiently. Following a news conference in which tourist organisations and business leaders presented floral tributes to thank the police for their work on the case, Wuthi went to visit the site of the April 13th attack in Soi Bintabaht, central Hua Hin."

What work? siting on your ass a block away while someone gets beaten?

but everything is OK now, here are some flowers.

I've been part of Songkran in Pattaya a few times. Only police I've ever seen was the one token cop there allowing himself to be a target for water. Walk down the other streets, none.

A few years ago, we had to make a hasty retreat on second road as we were headed home, walking. A fight broke out, bottles where being thrown. Absolute mayhem.

On the drive home, it was like a war zone. Scooters going back and forth across Sukhumvit. No helmets. No lights. Speeding. Drunk. And NO police.

What do you expect??? Pure mayhem.

There; all done and dusted.

1. Photo shots of important top brass police

2. Pathetic and insincere apology by cowardly youth

3. Bail payments received from rich parents of other cowardly attackers

4. Flowers at the hospital bedside of aged victim

Safe for tourists to return now.

There; all done and dusted.

1. Photo shots of important top brass police

2. Pathetic and insincere apology by cowardly youth

3. Bail payments received from rich parents of other cowardly attackers

4. Flowers at the hospital bedside of aged victim

Safe for tourists to return now.

Your level of optimism, supported by your defeatist signature, I feel is misplaced.

I think the Thai guys will get disproportionately hammered, in a vain attempt to restore confidence.

This little boy, Khun Drop Kick, should have the book thrown at him, for sticking his jamook into events that didn't concern him. But I think the first 2 guys should not be charged, unless the farang are jointly charged for their initial assaults.

OHHHH.... ' I am sorry ', that will settle it all. HOHHHH.... you were drunk? That's is a good excuse, you can go now. HERO!

It was an attempted murder, ruin those people their holiday, days of hospitalization, huge costs, fear for Thailand and a trauma for lifetime!!! Next to this, it will cost Thailand a HUGE amount of tourist income. Such a negative promotion got viral already.

Thailand MUST made these criminals an example for future criminals!

"He told Wuthi that it happened because they were drunk. "

Try again. I have been drunk many times in my life and never ever was involved in beatings. It happened because they are psychopathic violent losers who figured no punishment would happen for their night of fun.

10 years in Thai prison might give him time to come up with real reason, not lame excuse. Slim chance of that.

....'apologizes'.....???

...this is not !@#$%^&* kindergarten.......... and they did steal a !@#$%^&* piece of gum.......

...'make sure that tourists will be safe'......???

....how....give these savages 'a good talking to'.....???

I have said this on various other threads - The Police, the media, all love to repeat or print lame excuses like "It was the drink" and this is part of their culture of never facing the consequences of their actions which will just keep being perpetuated. Road "accidents" are caused by heavy rain, or loss of control, perverts are always propelled by drink or drugs and thieves are always paying of urgent debts. BS

I'd have more respect for the whole system here if the RTP just stated that these guys are thugs and will have full force of the law applied to them rather than trying to defuse it all by getting apologies and wai's photographed. Do you really believe these guys are sorry ??? Sorry they got caught yes....Acid test .. if these guys had not been caught would they in cold hard light of the proceeding days have felt bad enough about their actions to go to an appropriate place and seek atonement for said actions. I think not.. these are crocodile apologies...... I just hope that they get suitable custodial sentences and that the RTP has the common sense to use and merchandise this as a very very stern reminder that this type of behaviour whether it be from Thai or non Thai is simply not going to be tolerated......

Wuthi said that this was an important case as it involved tourists and police had worked hard to resolve the matter quickly and efficiently.

How is it resolved?

It will take generations to change this 'me and my dogs will keeping kicking until you stop moving' mentality that exists here. NOTHING has been resolved. Just another we-solved-it-quickly case by the BIB purely driven by the green stuff.

If any Thai say that they accept this guys apology they are faking it. Look at the wai. There are three different positions of the hands when Thai's wai. When they wai someone considered to be of lower status or same status as themselves their finger tips will touch their chin, when they wai someone of higher status their finger tips touch their nose, for Buddha and the king their finger tips touch their fore head. He further didnt bend his head downwards as is practice. If you look at the photo you will see he didn't even try to do a proper wai, showing his contempt.

Archived