Top brass police gather in Hua Hin as final suspect apologises for brutal attack

rooster59

one day on you tube got over 600000 views i would hope the top brass would act. this is really hurting thai tourism. hua hin is over! the culprit should have to sit in dentist chair and be restrained and get as many teeth as he kicked out. pulled out! thats street justice

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"He told Wuthi that it happened because they were drunk. "

Try again. I have been drunk many times in my life and never ever was involved in beatings. It happened because they are psychopathic violent losers who figured no punishment would happen for their night of fun.

10 years in Thai prison might give him time to come up with real reason, not lame excuse. Slim chance of that.

The family claimed that they were not drunk. Yet Mother threw the first punch to the face of a Thai. Later son held that man's arms behind his back while dad punched him again in the face. These were the violent events that led to the even more violent retribution from the Thais. Who are the "psychopathic violent losers" in all of this? All of them are to blame.

Unfortunately the video evidence of the above violence perpetrated by the instigators (the family) has been edited out of the foreign news. Why is that? And why is it that posters on TV who have seen the full video persist in making out that the family were innocent victims? I see racism and it is sickening.

If any Thai say that they accept this guys apology they are faking it. Look at the wai. There are three different positions of the hands when Thai's wai. When they wai someone considered to be of lower status or same status as themselves their finger tips will touch their chin, when they wai someone of higher status their finger tips touch their nose, for Buddha and the king their finger tips touch their fore head. He further didnt bend his head downwards as is practice. If you look at the photo you will see he didn't even try to do a proper wai, showing his contempt.

Perhaps contempt, but it would depend on the photographer capturing the 'exact' moment of the wai - impossible to say.

If any Thai say that they accept this guys apology they are faking it. Look at the wai. There are three different positions of the hands when Thai's wai. When they wai someone considered to be of lower status or same status as themselves their finger tips will touch their chin, when they wai someone of higher status their finger tips touch their nose, for Buddha and the king their finger tips touch their fore head. He further didnt bend his head downwards as is practice. If you look at the photo you will see he didn't even try to do a proper wai, showing his contempt.

cheesy.gif Wai oh Wai Delilah!

And if you look even closer, you'll see he hasn't had a manicure either!

Kids probably too busy shittin his pants, with every top cop in Thailand on his case, to worry about the style of his Wai...

Get a life!

Case closed. Next.

Boy o boy, put a scarf around his neck and he would look like mother Theresa.... Common Police force and Thailand...is this how you hand justice? Wai and some flowers at the temple? Pay for it! Should be put in prison with his buddies to learn a lesson...not just go back on the street again. What are you doing pimping thugs or raising them? Justice is punishment to those who break the law. The world does not need a picture with hands in prayer....there are enough such idiots praying and killing. Imagine if a person from Burma or Lao or even a foreigner got in a brawl after a few drinks... the police would have thrashed the day lights of him. Shame on you justice system..... its injustice. Well, the world knows where it stands with Thailand.....not safe and unpredictable nor dependable, everthing is situational and misrepresented.

-From Boat scams,

-lady boy attacks

-falling from balconies

-International licenses

-labyrinth of visa loops, each subject to change...

its really a shame how this case have been handled...those who were the butt of the attack know best, and those who did nothing know too....but ....no conscience....

five or six persons gang up to brutally beat up elderly folks.

is this what the world is coming to?

perhaps the Thai laws are too lax.

actions like this should be punished with caning both as punishment and as deterrent to possible future actions.

Sorry is a mockery of the system.

I know how unpopular my comment will be.

I watched that video over and over and over. The better, clearer video was the one posted in the first update thread from an Australian site by a TV member. Very clear that the Brits started the assault and caused the escalation. All I can say is that I saw only 2 Thais who should be charged with anything and hope that the guy that Rosemary pushed and slapped is not one of those who must now defend himself as he showed remarkable restraint and never raised a fist. Even the blackshirted man who coldcocked all three of the Brits was first headlocked, and punched before he escaped and took his shots. Blackshirt should be charged for inflicting grievous bodily harm for the kicks delivered after knocking the Brits down. The other guy who needs to be charged and given the severest punishment is that little shit who comes in from the left side and kicks Rosemary; he wasn't even involved in the fracas, just an opportunistic cowardly little heathen trying to kill someone and being drunk is hardly an excuse in his case. Thai media should focus on the kicking, that's what is cowardly and abhorrent. After reading almost all comments in every new post on this subject, it is quite easy to understand why eyewitness testimony is not reliable; what some commenters "see" is not borne out by carefully pausing and reversing. And there has been a lot of bs posted about this "mob" on the prowl to attack falang and I can't see evidence of that at all. I don't see a mob attacking the Brits. I also see Thais on Thais preceding and during this altercation.

Sad that Thailand will take the brunt of this unfortunate incident created by the quality British tourists who certainly didn't deserve the brutality but bear the blame that it started. Thails should hang their heads in shame that kicking people in the head when they're down is such a common occurrence seen in so many videos of Thai on Thai.

Commander Wuthi Liptapallop joined with other senior officers in assuring the public that everything would be done to try and ensure the safety of tourists. Too late, now its a global report tourism is doomed here. Remember the basic customer service story; 1 person who gets bad service will tell 20 others and those 20 will tell 20 each again; 1 person who gets good service may tell 2 others as they want to keep their find a secret. Well this bad news story is the bad customer service outcome. Instant loss of tourism and will cost the country a huge amount of time and money to try and restore faith that tourist will be safe.

A little too late. Took 3 weeks for the PM to make a statement and for the police chiefs to gather. The police has initially refused to release the CCTV tape. Kudos to the social media to take this up and woken the slow reacting bureacracy. Where is the tourist minister in the midst of all this happening. Shouldnt he visit the victims and offer his sympathy and assistance in any possible ways? Pathetic response all round.

May I go out now, have a beer, beat up these freaks, Wai and go home ?

Think you have misunderstood.

This is a protected profession for Thai's only.

If a "silly" Farrang should try this on.... he would most likely get (a beating first of all) a 50-100K fine, some time in Monkey house and deportation...

Thais dont like "pesky" foreigners..... only quality tourists !

coffee1.gif

This kind of thing is happening all too often these days, it is all too easy to say sorry afterwards but if they were really sorry it would not have happened in the first place; I am increasingly becoming despondent of how the younger generation of Thai's are becoming so abusive and nothing like the older generation where respect and manners played so a big part of Thai culture. Unfortunately this is nothing to be proud of and this kind of attitude can only end badly for Thailand in general.

"He apologised giving a 'wai'."

See, then it is all forgiven.

500 Baht fine and case closed..... and media should not speak about this again.......

TIT

coffee1.gif

500baht and attitude adjustment.

I agree. 500 Baht and altitude adjustment:

500 Baht for a rope and a swift 3 metre drop in altitude should just about do it!!?

A little too late. Took 3 weeks for the PM to make a statement and for the police chiefs to gather. The police has initially refused to release the CCTV tape. Kudos to the social media to take this up and woken the slow reacting bureacracy. Where is the tourist minister in the midst of all this happening. Shouldnt he visit the victims and offer his sympathy and assistance in any possible ways? Pathetic response all round.

the she (cobkarn) is hiding.

There was 4 of them? 16 bottles of beer? that equates to 2 pints each or 4 pints if they were the big ones..So even the excuse of being drunk is a lie.How can 2/4 pints of beer Make you so out of your mind that you would death kick an elderly woman?

Nooooo,i think the equasion is more like....the reason the early Americans were able to buy Manhattan Island,for whiskey and glass beads.Read into it for yourself.

Good morning Wuthi.
Please accept my answer to all this crap about "apologies", "drunk" and so on.
To avoid the misunderstanding of my message, I add a graphical representation for you and the rest of your team.
I hope you can read it and understand it.
Have a nice day.
post-176122-0-09390000-1461985620_thumb.

I know how unpopular my comment will be.

I watched that video over and over and over. The better, clearer video was the one posted in the first update thread from an Australian site by a TV member. Very clear that the Brits started the assault and caused the escalation. All I can say is that I saw only 2 Thais who should be charged with anything and hope that the guy that Rosemary pushed and slapped is not one of those who must now defend himself as he showed remarkable restraint and never raised a fist. Even the blackshirted man who coldcocked all three of the Brits was first headlocked, and punched before he escaped and took his shots. Blackshirt should be charged for inflicting grievous bodily harm for the kicks delivered after knocking the Brits down. The other guy who needs to be charged and given the severest punishment is that little shit who comes in from the left side and kicks Rosemary; he wasn't even involved in the fracas, just an opportunistic cowardly little heathen trying to kill someone and being drunk is hardly an excuse in his case. Thai media should focus on the kicking, that's what is cowardly and abhorrent. After reading almost all comments in every new post on this subject, it is quite easy to understand why eyewitness testimony is not reliable; what some commenters "see" is not borne out by carefully pausing and reversing. And there has been a lot of bs posted about this "mob" on the prowl to attack falang and I can't see evidence of that at all. I don't see a mob attacking the Brits. I also see Thais on Thais preceding and during this altercation.

Sad that Thailand will take the brunt of this unfortunate incident created by the quality British tourists who certainly didn't deserve the brutality but bear the blame that it started. Thails should hang their heads in shame that kicking people in the head when they're down is such a common occurrence seen in so many videos of Thai on Thai.

I think your comment is on point and I am glad you aired a good perspective of the situation. If you are in a foreign country and out in the early hours of the morning among people who are likely drunk or high on drugs, you don't put yourself in a situation where you are going to provoke or take provocative actions. Certainly the level of violence against the Brits is inexcusable. But this could have easily been violence of Thais on Thais under similar circumstances. If it had been Thai on Thai, then it would have drawn no attention. Common sense is a cure all to most situations such as this.

Archived