Top brass police gather in Hua Hin as final suspect apologises for brutal attack

rooster59

"Commander Wuthi Liptapallop joined with other senior officers in assuring the public that everything would be done to try and ensure the safety of tourists in the wake of the shocking attacks that caused uproar throughout the world."

this is such a god damned lie. i was in Soi Bintabaht the night this happened. there were no police anywhere.

funny, for some reason this story does not mention the attacks took place about 150 yards from the police station.

there were drunk Thai kids SITTING IN FRONT OF THE POLICE STATION.

Soi Bintabaht was packed with people, you could hardly move, there were many times people were panicking to get off the streets as people began pushing and shoving.

"Wuthi said that this was an important case as it involved tourists and police had worked hard to resolve the matter quickly and efficiently. Following a news conference in which tourist organisations and business leaders presented floral tributes to thank the police for their work on the case, Wuthi went to visit the site of the April 13th attack in Soi Bintabaht, central Hua Hin."

What work? siting on your ass a block away while someone gets beaten?

but everything is OK now, here are some flowers.

Flower Power?

Tourists can be assured that if they survive, their assailants will feel the "full wrath of the law" if they don't say sorry I was drunk,wai and ask for forgiveness.

First thing comes to mind is the brass admission of responsibility with being lucky they knew something like this might happen, (in the absence of police or security, so the perpetrators were outsmarted by a bunch of cameras being installed a few months prior.

Awesome. Maybe soon they'll put signs up in English telling people they'll be caught on video so English speaking tourists feel safe.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The twenty year old looks about 40kg wet through....what a pathetic little boy!Very brave with his friends around him...how superior he must have felt having power to inflict a beating on old age pensioners!What a waste of oxygen these Thai <deleted> are sitting outside the 7 drinking and bragging about their warrior status!!How I would like to see them come up against some muscular UK guys and take a serious beating.....I would play the video in slow motion as I eat my breakfast...horrible little turds....AND I DONT CARE WHO STARTED IT so put that argument back in your pipe and smoke it!!!

Too late Thailand the damage is done. In reporting this story the world's media have dealt a further death blow to Thai tourism and rightly so. It is no longer safe in this country for any farang of any age to walk the streets without fear of being set upon for no rational nor logical reason ... oh they brushed passed me ... sorry what! While these mindless drunken pack animal thugs are allowed to continue unabated with their attacks on tourists your main source of income will fast disappear. Apologies are inconsequential because they mean nothing and they were probably prompted to give them anyway. The attacks were sickening to say the least and especially kicking the sh1t out of a defenceless old lady while she was already down ... that is not to say that the other attacks on the males were justified.

Since I started coming to Thailand in 1996 and then moved here in 2011 things have gone from bad to worse and the country is heading for armageddon ... there is no democracy, there is continuing suppression of any kind of peaceful protests, there is no progress on reconciliation, the computer crimes act is a joke, the continuing requirement for expats to jump through hoops and provide personal information to immigration is a is a travesty, corruption is rife all the way up the food chain and the criminal element/mafia (both farang and Thai) are allowed to get away with anything so long as the right amount of money changes hands, the level of road deaths increases on a daily basis ... and a whole lot more.

Why the hell am I living here ... time for a rethink.

they should now also clean up the corruption, mistreatment and discrimination towards the Tourists from the Hua Hin Police Department, but then they have no more Police. The Locals see how the Police is treading the Tourists and the think if the Police can do it why can we not. As the saying goes, the Fish stinks from the Head.

We were duped for two weeks with the tale that it was an unprovoked attack, but now that the video is out the we can see that it was far from unprovoked.

There is far less sympathy now for this so called innocent family and they should accept their behavior contributed to their downfall and issue an apology.

I have read comments "who cares who started" so not only the familly will not accept their behaviour but many members insist on seeing the video their own way.

You, I, and a few one do not excuse the Thais behaviour at all, just trying point honestly the spark that ignite the fire...it is not accepted by many who stubornly insist people daring to point that are appologists.

It is intellectually dishonest..

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this is nothing but a sham. Not the beating but the display of suspects and the authorities talking about lengthy prison sentences. Just to satisfy the foreigners/social media. Once this all lies down I'm pretty sure these guys will be out again and not do any jail at all. Their families/friends will cough up big bribes and life will return to normal again.

No wonder nothing ever changes

I look forward to hearing about the sentencing.

This is a very serious incident with all the International news.

Which is interesting with billions dead and homeless in the Middle East and Europe, which we seem to hear less and less about.

Some questions come to my mind:

are they the real perps or are they just scapegoats to make this publicity go away?

How long will they be in prison - will they be in prison at all?

Will they pay the hospital bills and compensation for pain and suffering? How much?

I hope the media will follow up closely

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this is nothing but a sham. Not the beating but the display of suspects and the authorities talking about lengthy prison sentences. Just to satisfy the foreigners/social media. Once this all lies down I'm pretty sure these guys will be out again and not do any jail at all. Their families/friends will cough up big bribes and life will return to normal again.

I'm afraid you're right

Too late Thailand the damage is done. In reporting this story the world's media have dealt a further death blow to Thai tourism and rightly so. It is no longer safe in this country for any farang of any age to walk the streets without fear of being set upon for no rational nor logical reason ... oh they brushed passed me ... sorry what! While these mindless drunken pack animal thugs are allowed to continue unabated with their attacks on tourists your main source of income will fast disappear. Apologies are inconsequential because they mean nothing and they were probably prompted to give them anyway. The attacks were sickening to say the least and especially kicking the sh1t out of a defenceless old lady while she was already down ... that is not to say that the other attacks on the males were justified.

Since I started coming to Thailand in 1996 and then moved here in 2011 things have gone from bad to worse and the country is heading for armageddon ... there is no democracy, there is continuing suppression of any kind of peaceful protests, there is no progress on reconciliation, the computer crimes act is a joke, the continuing requirement for expats to jump through hoops and provide personal information to immigration is a is a travesty, corruption is rife all the way up the food chain and the criminal element/mafia (both farang and Thai) are allowed to get away with anything so long as the right amount of money changes hands, the level of road deaths increases on a daily basis ... and a whole lot more.

Why the hell am I living here ... time for a rethink.

Good question, why the hell are you living here if you hate the country so much? I wouldn`t think about it too long if I were you in all this hell-fire and danger all around you.

In a couple of weeks, probably less, this will be forgotten and the tourists will be flocking back again, it won`t have any impact on the Thai tourism industry whatsoever.

The night before this attack in Hua Hin a British girl was raped .. Hua Hin isn't a good place to go these days by the sounds of it ,,

Can you provide a link to this or is it just more tittle-tattle

https://www.facebook.com/groups/614770915277919/permalink/1019880694766937/

Yes, Facebook, no more than I expected, as I stated no more than tittle-tattle

Watch the video carefully http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/british-family-attacked-in-hua-hin-thailand/news-story/18a5b6ab08e34c865dd121d1d83a6a35 The younger Brit didn't fall as a result of the light retribution push by the Than man that he pushed to start it all, the son falls after being pushed much harder by his mother. The Thai man who was pushed, who pushes in return, he's slapped by Rosemary, then she grabs him and pushes him backward and he does nothing. I sure hope that he is not one of the Thai men being charged considering his total restraint. What really amazes me are the comments that attribute the "attack" as Thais being offended by a Thai male being slapped when the man who was slapped does nothing but turn the other cheek in a sense. There was no "mob" assault that resulted from Thais witnessing the man being slapped. From the get-go, the "thugish" behavior is by all 3 members of the British family, especially the men. So many Thai Visa commentators decry the Thais for not fighting in a gentlemanly manner...do they condone the son holding a Thai so that his father can hit him?

"He apologised giving a 'wai'."

See, then it is all forgiven.

500 Baht fine and case closed..... and media should not speak about this again.......

TIT

coffee1.gif

That "wei" is VERY LOW...

As in not showing respect to those he is apologizing to.To the point the wei itself is as insulting.

I AM ONLY SORRY THE POLICE GENERALS ARE MAKING ME DO THIS.

Almost as low as Thaksin got for Prem for crashing the generals mothers funeral when he came back briefly.

In Thai terms another insult to the beaten family.

Disgusting.

Couldn't agree more no real justice in Thailand ..

Watch the video carefully http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/british-family-attacked-in-hua-hin-thailand/news-story/18a5b6ab08e34c865dd121d1d83a6a35 The younger Brit didn't fall as a result of the light retribution push by the Than man that he pushed to start it all, the son falls after being pushed much harder by his mother. The Thai man who was pushed, who pushes in return, he's slapped by Rosemary, then she grabs him and pushes him backward and he does nothing. I sure hope that he is not one of the Thai men being charged considering his total restraint. What really amazes me are the comments that attribute the "attack" as Thais being offended by a Thai male being slapped when the man who was slapped does nothing but turn the other cheek in a sense. There was no "mob" assault that resulted from Thais witnessing the man being slapped. From the get-go, the "thugish" behavior is by all 3 members of the British family, especially the men. So many Thai Visa commentators decry the Thais for not fighting in a gentlemanly manner...do they condone the son holding a Thai so that his father can hit him?

You clearly didn't see the video very well.

Try again.

Did they look like that they were drunk ? The Thai who punched the male tourist and and then the female tourist certainly didn't look drunk - it was one shot one kill. He punched with speed and accuracy that might have put Manny Pacquiao to shame. Watch the video again and witness for yourself the speed with which he raced towards the male tourist and floored him He would have passed any field sobriety test administered by the police with flying colors, to say the least. As for the kid who kicked the female tourist in Roberto Carlos free kick style, he didn't look drunk. He didn't miss his kick and could have decapitated the female tourist on the spot.

There are good Thais, but hooligans and cowards need to be taught a lesson that they will never forget. The more they think their acts of violence are heroic, the more the punishments have to be meted out with the sole objective of "shaming" them. Let's not forget they are cowards, and cowards are most afraid of "losing face".

They should be flogged in public, Sorry is not going to help that poor old ladys face , or the nightmares she will have , I'm shocked and sickened by this, ive been trying to get my old mum and dad to come out here for years, i was told by my dad today after they saw this back in the UK there is no way they are coming over here now, and i can't blame them.

My Thai friends really believe this.

They said to me last night "These guys were on tv, gave a Wai and apologised, saying they were drunk. All is ok now"

I asked if they really meant that. They replied yes of course. Thais accept their apology.

I really can't believe Thai mentality.

A Wai and apology?

To those of western mentality and upbringing things like this is a completly mind blowing !!!

Anywhere in the western world these individuals would be face aggravated assault, and second-degree battery charges,

then locked up, major financial reprisals for their actions.

In two or three days all in detention all charged.

So how come, even with the national second in charge police commissioner in charge of the case it took three weeks to interview the crazy merc driver and decide some charges and in fact there is no news whether the merc driver has actually been charged or whether he's being held etc?

Double standards abound for all to see, as clear as the nose on your face. Disgusting situation.

I hope the British Embassy in Thailand will send a team to follow up on this case and put pressure on the Thai police to ensure that punishments meted out are proportionate to the violence they committed.

And yes, as somebody correctly pointed out, the TAT should invite the family back to Hua Hin for a fully paid holiday.

We were duped for two weeks with the tale that it was an unprovoked attack, but now that the video is out the we can see that it was far from unprovoked.

There is far less sympathy now for this so called innocent family and they should accept their behavior contributed to their downfall and issue an apology.

I have read comments "who cares who started" so not only the familly will not accept their behaviour but many members insist on seeing the video their own way.

You, I, and a few one do not excuse the Thais behaviour at all, just trying point honestly the spark that ignite the fire...it is not accepted by many who stubornly insist people daring to point that are appologists.

It is intellectually dishonest..

That is exactly so and now the locals are starting to see that the anonymous person, (the red and white shirt person) who is being quoted in the media has went out of his way to portray this as an unprovoked attack.

No doubt, for now, he is enjoying the fruits of his labors, but I am sure the locals will not forgive or forget.

"He told Wuthi that it happened because they were drunk. "

Try again. I have been drunk many times in my life and never ever was involved in beatings. It happened because they are psychopathic violent losers who figured no punishment would happen for their night of fun.

10 years in Thai prison might give him time to come up with real reason, not lame excuse. Slim chance of that.

Sounds like the locals in Papua New Guinea. When they've been on the booze, they get fighting mad. It's called 'sparked'. A small hatchet is their main weapon.

Nothing about the British Embassy in this story whatsoever .. Clearly they are busy promoting isn't Britain Great Campaign.. Seems Mr Kent is busy in Washington and nothing on UK in Thailand .. What really is the point of having an embassy when something does go wrong for people the embassy come out with pre copy and past responses what shown very little compassion when they do make statements ..

Why do they think that giving a wai and apologising makes it all OK? During songkran we had an accident caused by kids with high pressure water whilst we were riding bicycles. They gave a wai as an apology and then carried on doing the same thing and no doubt injuring other people too. Kwais.

Archived