Leaking Hua Hin attack footage "damaged the country" say authorities

rooster59

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it just me or did the rest of you see the mother push her son who fell like a deck of cards then she slapped the The Thai man in the face?

The media title of British family being attacked is nonsense I have walked on Soy Bintabaht probably hundreds of times and never had any problems, this foul mouthed granny thought she was at home in Glasgow where 'a man would never lift his hands". my sympathy would lie with the dad,having to take a grown up son on holiday having to wear that shirt she bought him and having a wife with more testosterone than he has.

Mai kho jai

I am not agreeing with everything you write, but watching the vid and the woman's aggressive behavior (body language and way of talking even if I don't know the words)

let this come to my mind, too:

" this foul mouthed granny thought she was at home in Glasgow where 'a man would never lift his hands"

Truly sad state of affairs to worry more about tourism then justice.

Really Tywais, when anytime in recent years has it been anything different?

The term "justice" here has no meaning to the local officialdom in the sense those here might think of it.

The only message they get, they ever get, is if the tourist dollars, or economic dollars, begin to go dry or they fear they will. That's the one, and perhaps the only thing, that will motivate any change.

To those who claim that the Mother pushed the son, I think you should watch the video once more- the son seems to push a Thai guy who, presumably, walked into/ across him, this Thai guy 'retaliates' with a push and the mother tries to steady the son as he falls.

It's pretty easy to see.

I have no idea whether they were aggressive or loud mouthed, but watch the video if you think that Granny pushed the son.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

so beating up OAPs doesn't damage the country but leaking a video of it does?

Has it interfered with the cover up?...or are they becoming aware that a lot of the truth about Thai is actually damaging the country? - but not the current admin, they are doing a grand job...leak that.

This begs the question ...

Do you think the police would have arrested these guys if the footage hadn't been leaked?

This question creates another question ...

Why did the police just now arrest these criminals if they had the video for two weeks before the leak?

Hope the English press picks up the video of the girl being kicked unconscious by a bunch of bikers sent by some guy's wife that demonstrate that an attach, like the British one, is very common ..

According to a British friend of mine, it is ALL OVER the news in England, and apparently has been picked up by major news outlets around the world.

Hope the English press picks up the video of the girl being kicked unconscious by a bunch of bikers sent by some guy's wife that demonstrate that an attach, like the British one, is very common ..

I am sending it to a friend in the UK. But they weren't a bunch of bikers, <deleted> yes.

Was it just me or did the rest of you see the mother push her son who fell like a deck of cards then she slapped the The Thai man in the face?

The media title of British family being attacked is nonsense I have walked on Soy Bintabaht probably hundreds of times and never had any problems, this foul mouthed granny thought she was at home in Glasgow where 'a man would never lift his hands". my sympathy would lie with the dad,having to take a grown up son on holiday having to wear that shirt she bought him and having a wife with more testosterone than he has.

Mai kho jai

There has been no report of this in the Scottish press, why? 1.30 am drunk tourist attacks a Thai national while he and his friends celebrated Thai ney year.

The person who leaked it deserves praise. Those who tried to suppress it need shooting.

Yes, that person deserves praise, and he or she is more than likely Thai so there are Thai people who do want to see justice. Punishing those whistleblowers, well whistleblowers are punished everywhere aren't they?

Pretty much all Thai news damages the country because there's rarely anything that goes on there that can be seen positively by the rest of the world. The constant daily drip of negative news is actually very tedious...... Scams, altercations, weird deaths, drug busts etc etc it's all par for the course for an extremely disfunctional country. What can you do but leave them to it and sit back and watch the show.

According to a British friend of mine, it is ALL OVER the news in England, and apparently has been picked up by major news outlets around the world.

Well it was in the Daily Mail yesterday ...

Absolutely disgusting act of violence without any provocation, on an elderly couple,

Bad enough hitting an old woman but then kicking her in the head when she is on the ground !!!

and now these little shits say 'I am sorry' like hell they are, lock them up for many many long years.....

Mai kho jai

There has been no report of this in the Scottish press, why? 1.30 am drunk tourist attacks a Thai national while he and his friends celebrated Thai ney year.

There has been no report of this in the Scottish press, why?

Probably because she was from Wales blink.png

IMHO the real damage to the country's image is being done by the video of the Laotian girl being bashed, because the video evidence is unequivocal. No question who started and finished it.

If the Thai authorities wanted to fix the problem, a 15 year prison sentence for the attackers AND the jealous wife would send a message which would spread like wildfire.

Well it was in the Daily Mail yesterday ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-36162842

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-family-beaten-unconscious-during-11255934

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/pictured-british-family-savagely-beaten-in-thailand-street-attack-a3236246.html

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2016-04-28/mob-attack-grandparents-and-son-on-holiday-in-thailand/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/04/28/shocking-video-family-attacked-thailand/83653056/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3563122/British-family-beaten-unconscious-Thailand-couple-s-son-bumped-local-thug-Police-reveal-shocking-violence-sparked-father-begged-yobs-not-hurt-him.html

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/14458187.Video__Welsh_family_punched_and_kicked_unconscious_in_horror_attack_in_Thailand/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/29/son-beaten-british-family-never-return-thailand

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/british-family-attacked-in-hua-hin-thailand-say-punches-just-came-out-of-the-blue-a7007176.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7114632/Son-of-Brit-family-brutally-beaten-over-a-spilled-drink-in-Thailand-vows-never-to-return-to-the-country.html

Rather than whinging about the leak perhaps they should focus on ridding us of such hooligans for a very long time. Once they have done that they can look at the causes and rectify them. If they can't or won't understand or accept the causes then they need to step aside and make room for someone who can.

Those causes are clear to anyone who opens their eyes.

Every single baby born in Thailand is brainwashed from birth to believe that Thailand is not only the finest country in the world but it is also the largest. This is the literal teaching they receive every day in school and is enforced by the press and the TV. Along with this is the implication that all foreigners are by nature inferior, somehow not entirely human, and to be tolerated, at best. At worst, particularly with young Thai men (who have a mental age of an adolescent out of control with an excess of testosterone) farangs are to not to be tolerated, given the slightest excuse. Add to this cultural belief that any kind of loss of face concerning a farang needs addressing immediately, and the aggression and hatred bursts out. As Thai men never go anywhere alone, this usually involves an enraged mob.

This wasn't just someone pushing back to save face. This was an outburst of hatred and rage - coming back again and again to punch and kick the old people who were already semi-conscious on the ground.

If further argument is needed, the same culture teaches Thai people to venerate the aged. Which they do. Unless the old people are not real people - ie foreigners.

It is irrelevant who pushed first or if the farangs started it or not. This incident is yet another example that Thailand is not a civilised nation in the way the rest of the world understands the concept. This is a country where there is so much dissatisfaction and aggression that the name of the daily exercise for everyone is to make everything *appear* wonderful and keep things in line with way that the Thais like to perceive themselves - smiling and gentle. In other words - do absolutely anything at all to save face.

Unfortunately for Thailand, again and again and again over the last few years, the instantaneous nature of social media and its global coverage is revealing the lies and cover-ups almost daily to the rest of the world. And the more it happens, the more tragic the Thai reaction, as they panic and flap about pathetically with implausible explanations and responses which only serve to dig them deeper in the shit, as they desperately try to save some last despairing shred of face like senseless schoolkids babbling obvious lies at the teacher.

Very sadly, I think it's all going to get a lot worse before it begins to get any better.

Again they speak without any idea that this video shows exactly what can happen and now they say it damages the country, no what damaged the country is the horrific attack on elderly people by drunken men whose only answer is sorry we were drunk.

What should happen is that the Govt should realise this and state because of the video the perpretrators were swiftly caught and will be dealt with severely.

By their current actions , it shows the Thai Government thinks the country is more important than three foreigners being brutally kicked by drunken Thais , sorry but now the officials are damaging the country by their idiotic remarks . rearrange this saying .......Mouth open your and put foot your in it , as well as your credibility, compassion and care for others who visit you.

How could they stuff this up so bad.

For once it looked as though they were slightly professional in quickly catching the thugs and they looked set for punishment.

Then they come out and say they are investigating the leak of camera.

Leaking Hua Hin attack footage "damaged the country" say authorities

Yes...it did... Let's only hope the video is seen and remembered far and wide.

Why don't the authorities take more appropriate action against the thugs, bouncers ladyboys etc who perpetrate these (usually) unwarranted, disgraceful mob handed attacks on visitors?

THAT's what's damaging the country!!!

Mai kho jai

Thailand tourist Faux Pas

Mistake # 1: It was Songkran Week when young Thais are 'wilding' and drunk

Mistake #2: It was 1:30 AM

Mistake #3: Confronting Thais and then physically assaulting them

This family, while I empathize with their plight...gets the stupid a@# award of 2016

I agree with you guys, they should not have got in to a fight with the Thai guys. But to hit an old woman and than when she is on the floor kick her in the face! If you do something like that, than I think you are sick in the head.

Archived