Leaking Hua Hin attack footage "damaged the country" say authorities

rooster59

This was a vicious attack but to say it was a random and totally unprovoked attack is untruthful or at least misleading. Unfortunately it was a sad case of accidental bumping that turned into a tragic situation due to poor decisions by everyone involved. There is never a reason to viciously hit anyone when they are down on the ground...especially an old man and an old woman. That said all three tourists in my opinion escalated the situation instead of just walking away when they had opportunities to do so. If you watch the video closely you see the two Thai men walking and arguing before the son bumps into one of them. So the Thai man is already pissed off when he gets bumped and so he then pushes the son...the son unfortunately loses his balance and falls down. The mother then argues with the Thai man and eventually slaps him on the face (she could have walked away or just helped her son to get up). Then there is a melee and it looks to me that the father throws a punch or pushes one of the Thai men (it's hard to see as people are blocking the full view) and the son then restrains the Thai man to keep him from hitting his father (the father and son could have walked away before this scuffle). The father moves away from the crowd and the son releases the Thai man...but the Thai man circles around "to get" the father who had either pushed him or hit him. After that it was an unwarranted vicious assault and the perpetrators should go to jail. But to say the whole situation was an unprovoked random attack by a Thai gang out to attack foreigners for the fun of it is in my opinion not true and doesn't tell the whole story.

I never read anywhere that the Thai's attacked the foreigners just for the 'fun of it' ???

you blame the foreigners for not walking away, they had already pushed their son to the ground,

so why did the Thai's not just walk away ??

and the guy that king hit the woman came running in from out of now where...

Watch the full video. It is crystal clear that the son stumbled and was not "pushed to the ground" as you state incorrectly.

The Thai guy that hit the mother didn't come "from out of nowhere", he came directly from the clutches of the son who had him in an arm lock. Watch this 16 second segment from the video to see this clearly too and watch the dad swinging a punch in his direction. Mazungu's description was correct.

https://youtu.be/zw4pfwjNis4

Nobody on here has tried to justify the beating that the three foreigners received. There are no so called 'apologists' who condone the Thai violence. However many people (on here and other threads) have pointed out correctly that all three foreigners committed assaults on Thais before any Thais lifted a finger against them. It is perfectly justified for someone to question their judgement and to say that they could (should) have walked away. They instigated the aggression and they escalated the aggression. You would have to be blind, or possibly racist, to deny this.

But why did he hit the woman
A slap by an old 'woman' justifies a full punch to the head and then kicking her when she is lying on the ground ??

big tough hero.... NOT !!!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never read anywhere that the Thai's attacked the foreigners just for the 'fun of it' ???

you blame the foreigners for not walking away, they had already pushed their son to the ground,

so why did the Thai's not just walk away ??

and the guy that king hit the woman came running in from out of now where...

Watch the full video. It is crystal clear that the son stumbled and was not "pushed to the ground" as you state incorrectly.

The Thai guy that hit the mother didn't come "from out of nowhere", he came directly from the clutches of the son who had him in an arm lock. Watch this 16 second segment from the video to see this clearly too and watch the dad swinging a punch in his direction. Mazungu's description was correct.

https://youtu.be/zw4pfwjNis4

Nobody on here has tried to justify the beating that the three foreigners received. There are no so called 'apologists' who condone the Thai violence. However many people (on here and other threads) have pointed out correctly that all three foreigners committed assaults on Thais before any Thais lifted a finger against them. It is perfectly justified for someone to question their judgement and to say that they could (should) have walked away. They instigated the aggression and they escalated the aggression. You would have to be blind, or possibly racist, to deny this.

But why did he hit the woman
A slap by an old 'woman' justifies a full punch to the head and then kicking her when she is lying on the ground ??

big tough hero.... NOT !!!

I have seen nobody post that the beating the Brits received was "justified"....only that the Brits were not blameless in this whole mess.

But the elephant-in-the-room in all these threads about the state of things in los, is not what will be done about IT, but how MUCH of IT each of you will take before you decide enough-is-enough, and take the decision to pack up and leave ? There is after all, something deranged about ranting on and on about how awful it all is and at the same time volunteering to remain.

Left 4 years ago, my wife and son loves it in Australia.

I still follow events in Thailand because I have family/friends there.

See you soon Snakey!

The police are angry and looking for the 'leaker' because now, they cannot sweep this attack under the rug. Had the video not been released, it is likely that nothing would have been done.

Thailand, Land of Shame. Good motto for TAT to use, don't you think?

Looked like granny started it - she don't be doing that again in a hurry.

Oh so I suppose that justifys a thai flying kick... sick in the head ........Thai boy on booze.....Perhaps we should warn all grannies and grandpas not to come to Thailand and visit the neighbouring countries which are much safer and friendly and hospitable.... Thailand you amaze me.... Grinning lot....
Of course this incident is a great opportunity for all the Thai bashers on here to rub their hands in glee and tell the world how unsafe Thailand is - and making out that such things only happen in Thailand because only Thais are nasty vicious people - the rest of us are all civilised..

Sadly people being stamped on, and even kicked to death while they are on the floor is something that can\does happen even in some of the allegedly 'safe' western countries....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20334/British-soldier-kicked-death-disco-attack.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3053975/Shocking-moment-drunken-soldiers-including-Buckingham-Palace-guardsman-carried-horrifying-assault-victim-s-head-stamped-18-TIMES-avoided-jail.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/9/man-sentenced-to-12-years-for-kicking-homeless-man/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3535930/Youngest-British-soldier-serve-Afghanistan-aged-18-killed-home-leave-attacked-drunk-thugs-left-street-die-shook-hands.html

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/apr/29/brothers-murder-santee-homeless/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7061615/Teen-gang-sent-out-hoods-up-order-before-kicking-young-man-to-death.html

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/11/homeless-man-dies-after-months-in-coma-from-savage-black-mob-beating-at-philly-gas-station/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kevin-bennett-murder-three-boys-1833684

That's just the tip of the iceberg - a result of 5 minutes searching of English language news media. No doubt I could fill this whole page with such links given an hour or so.

What I find ironic is that these cases occurring in other countries fail to raise as much outrage and international publicity as this current case in Thailand has..

Just stick with England. The rest of Europe is quite different.

In fact if you had taken the trouble to check through the stories the links connect to, you will see one case in Austria, and a couple in the USA. As English is the preferred language on this forum there seems little point in posting the many available links to similar incidents found in German, French, Spanish news media. These kind of events happen globally - and with increasing frequency.

This video is only the tip of the iceberg on whats wrong in Thailand. Its very sad, but it shouldn't be all that surprising when the government cannot even get a handle on the fishing industry, which rife with slave labor, even in the face of a total EU ban, and where China and Singapore have joined Japan and South Korea in restricting flights by Thailand's airlines over safety returns... YES... China!!! When China restricts an airlines from entering its air space over safety concerns there is a really serious problem. So, there are other more damaging problems to the country that are systemic, but like this video, government officials want to hide these deep rooted problems, so it shouldn't be all that surprising that there are people out there that want to criminalize the release of this video because these are most likely the same people that want to criminalize the release of recent documentaries that have been bringing to light the appaling fishing industry, as well as the flaws in the air safety that some terrorist group will eventually use to their advantage, and unfortunately, the situation in Thailand is only going to rapidly deteriorate when "certain events" will eventually happen that are bound to happen soon.

Certainly makes one wonder how many similar attacks do NOT make international headlines.

It doesn't make me wonder, I'm sure there are plenty more that don't make international headlines.

Unsurprisingly, just like anywhere else in the world....

Leaking the footage only reinforced the Image Thailand is giving the World

Killings of Australians in phuklet

Australian consul in phuket threatened by sms by POLICE

Killings on Kho Tao

Pattaya

China(ng) Mai

And the list goes on and on and on and on

People are now aware Thailand is no longer viable.

Look at the MASSIVE drop in tourists from the WEST. Just seriously look over the years but Tiurists still go in same numbers to opther places.

WHY Mister Prayuth and Mister Police of Hua Hin

Get a bloody life!

How could they stuff this up so bad.

For once it looked as though they were slightly professional in quickly catching the thugs and they looked set for punishment.

Then they come out and say they are investigating the leak of camera.

They shoot them selves in the foot with both barrels every time.

After watching the video its clearly the foreigners that started the fight first , that was a big mistake , they could have been killed.

please continue here:

Police not behind video attack leak - incident a "nightmare" for the country, says PM office

HUA HIN:-- Hua Hin police have moved quickly to deny online speculation they were behind the leaking of the clip showing the beating of the British tourists in the town over Songkran.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/914216-police-not-behind-video-attack-leak-incident-a-nightmare-for-the-country-says-pm-office/

//CLOSED//

/Admin

Archived