Leaking Hua Hin attack footage "damaged the country" say authorities

rooster59

'kin hell ..do they not realise that this will also make the international news

It does make you wonder as to how they could be so unaware of the PR damage this is likely to cause blink.png .

Far better to allow everyone to think that the video was deliberately released to catch those responsible for causing GBH - than to publicly state that they are angry and that it should have been withheld.

C'mon Dick........If you haven't got anything irrational to say then what are u doing in LOS......giggle.gif

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's good that the junta is punished via less victims sorry tourists and as for trying to suppress information this should be a criminal offence but suppose Ok in North Korea China Thailand these sort of places keep the people undercontrol

Is he suggesting that Thailand should hide and deny such attacks on innocent tourists? I deplore his F statement and his Province and all those responsible for security and safety of the general public must be held accountable and a handsome compensation must be paid to the British Family together with a profound apology from the "supposedly in the area at the time of attack ?" Police.

I thought the police released the video (albeit 2 weeks later) to catch the culprits???

Obviously not.

55555! Like many people thought already that was another big fat lie! As if they give a damn about a few foreigners getting a kicking. If they could cover up Koh Tao they would've done it too. Anything to keep the money coming. Greedy scum. No human decency whatsoever, so perhaps it is time for them to take a few steps back. The logical consequences when you bite the hand that feeds you

Police spokesman Kasana Jaemsawang said that the CCTV footage was the property of the Hua Hin municipality and as such should not have been leaked.

What a crock of <deleted>!!!...........they don't even know where the footage came from?......maybe a local business installed it .

'kin 'ell ... its not the video that damages the country, it's the .... all together now .... yes, that's right, you've won a prize, its the fact that a trio family of not so young tourists have been knocked out cold by a local gang/mob of some kind. der!!

oh dear, how fundamentally wrong is that, blame people for releasing a legitimate video showing an event that actually took place. Again severe faulty thinking by the police.....It happened don't try to cover it up that just makes matters worse, people need to know about these things but more importantly they need to know what you are doing about it to first of all punnish those responsible and ensure it doesn't happen again

The people that are 100% to blame for this are the scumbags that brutally attacked two pensioers and their son for apparently no reason whatsoever, it is the duty of people to report these incidents not try to cover them up

angry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This says a lot about the attitude of "authorities" when it comes to the safety, security and even harm to future visitors. So not only are the thugs a problem so are the authorities. Combined they represent a breakdown of society in general. This leads to yet more and other problems which will add to the failure of society.

But the elephant-in-the-room in all these threads about the state of things in los, is not what will be done about IT, but how MUCH of IT each of you will take before you decide enough-is-enough, and take the decision to pack up and leave ? There is after all, something deranged about ranting on and on about how awful it all is and at the same time volunteering to remain.

These guys in Thailand have to learn that NOTHING is an internat matter that matters the mistreating of foreigners and toruists in this country and it shows the FACE of THAILAND to the world!!!!!!!!!

Nothing to hide what is the truth! Thats all the autorothies want here in this country: Shame on you!!!!!!!!

guys, this is as always just media pressure and only, these Brits will get compensation and insurance, in Thailand and at home, but video clearly shows that they started this conflict. Grandma she pulled her son's hand and he stumbled and could not resist on the ground and fell. this drunken fool instead of helping him up, ran to argue with the Thai, and then first slapped him in the face... Why did she do it???

we see its only her fault.

even when she struck him in the face they still had chance just to go away ... but no, it was absolutely necessary to be such stupid to continue to lean heavily on the Thais, here's the result.

on any British news website, independent, telegraph, mirror, theguardian, you will see huge screaming headlines and how video was formatted to show to the "blind sheeps".

this makes me more sad.

for Thais it is quite simply, they need a sensible lawyer and a counter-claim. but not in this world...

For God's sake, I am against violence, but this garbage does not suit me.

Was it just me or did the rest of you see the mother push her son who fell like a deck of cards then she slapped the The Thai man in the face?

The media title of British family being attacked is nonsense I have walked on Soy Bintabaht probably hundreds of times and never had any problems, this foul mouthed granny thought she was at home in Glasgow where 'a man would never lift his hands". my sympathy would lie with the dad,having to take a grown up son on holiday having to wear that shirt she bought him and having a wife with more testosterone than he has.

Mai kho jai

Was it just me or did the rest of you see the mother push her son who fell like a deck of cards then she slapped the The Thai man in the face?

The media title of British family being attacked is nonsense I have walked on Soy Bintabaht probably hundreds of times and never had any problems, this foul mouthed granny thought she was at home in Glasgow where 'a man would never lift his hands". my sympathy would lie with the dad,having to take a grown up son on holiday having to wear that shirt she bought him and having a wife with more testosterone than he has.

Mai kho jai

Thailand tourist Faux Pas

Mistake # 1: It was Songkran Week when young Thais are 'wilding' and drunk

Mistake #2: It was 1:30 AM

Mistake #3: Confronting Thais and then physically assaulting them

This family, while I empathize with their plight...gets the stupid a@# award of 2016

Amazing, the thugs destroyed the country,s image and the leaker is to be commended for allowing all to see the truth ! and to listen to the locals was sickening. Not one of them commented on the damage done to the victims, only about how they were losing money due to the subsequent drop in business ! If they could get our money without even allowing us into the country they would pay for the formula :(

Nobody does a better job in damaging the country than the authorities, as has been shown time and again, they are just too dense to realize it themselves. As for the footage being evidential material..., well, without the leakage it would never have made to such an elevated status.

Rubbish. The leaked footage did not damage the country. The culture that breeds this kind of behavior is damaging the country. Had the individual responsible for the attack behaved themselves in a civilized manner, there would be no story and no news. As it is, the authorities just keep digging a deeper hole.

Are they in their right mind?

It's the behaviour of the thugs that damaged the country - not the publishing of the videos

Thanks God now everybody has a mobile that can catch a movie and we have the social media to publish

no chance to hide anymore

Now Thailand has the choice to either become honest and serious with law enforcement and just court proceedings and convictions

or become the second North Korea

(note for myself: now I understand why all the cctv footage in Koh Tao disappeared)

They have to understand that times have changed and the truth cannot be hidden anymore

and if they want business with foreign countries they have to change many things in their country

Archived