Fill 'n' run leaves gas attendant fuming

rooster59

I suggest the company adopt the practice of placing a placard on the vehicle bonnet and removing it after the bill is paid. Not a sure thing but an inhibitor. Meanwhile, forego the pump attendants fine.

I see an opportunity for someone reading this forum to earn some merit... If you are in that area and can afford it why not go to the premises and pass the staff member 1000 baht.

And to Pattaya28 - Yes. Staff pay for losses like this. That amount may be 4 days wages.

PTT (or the owner of the business) - Disgraceful. Join the fair world and cover the loss. Your inaction is damaging your reputation. For 1000 baht you'd impress a lot of us. Don't worry about the precedent - make it your new policy. Then you might have an incentive to install a camera.

Yes..I agree...Boycott that station and shame the undoubtedly wealthy owner.....

Take that you small minded jerk...lol...

Peoples revenge.

Cheers

No cameras?

they have video of the whole incident on th local krabi news site,she closes his petrol cap walks to passenger door and he just drives off .....thats how they have his registration number.

I have a solution, but my guess no hody would do it. While the cars are filling up, the pump attendant could put spiked concertina mats in front and at the rear of the vehicle being filled.

On completion of payment, the spikes are removed and the filled vehicle free to leave. I am going to implement this at my 3 garages back home.

Such a simple solution. Might scare customers away, but I would not loose money. BTW it is not the attendants problem if the motorist just leaves, up to the garage owner to fix the problem.

To do this means you are accusing customers of being potential thieves. This in Thailand could well mean being hauled into court as slanderous.

So on the basis of the above story, staff working in shops have to pay for what shoplifters steal ?

How can this be right ?

When there was recently an armed robbery of a cash security truck in Pattaya, the robber escaped with in excess of 8 million Baht. Did the 2 security guards have to pay that money back ?

Unbelievable !!

Anyone in a job that involves handling cash has to put up a security deposit when they are hired, any shortages for any reason, they pay. Which is why staff who give you your change always count it many times and frequently use calculators, even for small and simple amounts..

I will take your word for that, in that I mean I believe it to be true.

I have had on 2 occasions the 711 staff giving me too much change, both times exactly 100 baht too much. i know its not a lot but I realised straight away and I returned it to the cashier.

I do not want them losing a few hours pay just for the sake of a small mistake.

Its all very wrong of course but I suspect it might be a deterrent for theft.

I see an opportunity for someone reading this forum to earn some merit... If you are in that area and can afford it why not go to the premises and pass the staff member 1000 baht.

And to Pattaya28 - Yes. Staff pay for losses like this. That amount may be 4 days wages.

PTT (or the owner of the business) - Disgraceful. Join the fair world and cover the loss. Your inaction is damaging your reputation. For 1000 baht you'd impress a lot of us. Don't worry about the precedent - make it your new policy. Then you might have an incentive to install a camera.

Yes..I agree...Boycott that station and shame the undoubtedly wealthy owner.....

Take that you small minded jerk...lol...

Peoples revenge.

You'd have to walk if you boycotted all the stations with that policy. Unless you had an electric...

Common practice. In Australia for example. Yes, disgraceful behaviour by the owners.

This is the norm for cashier position in Thailand too, since they are handling the cash, they take responsibility for any loss or miscaculation. This is also to ensure that cashiers don't try to steal.

For example, 7-11 also has policy such as if stock is missing, all store employees are responsbile for the loss.

Archived