Australian national falls multiple stories to his death at Patong high-rise

rooster59

Australian national falls multiple stories to his death at Patong high-rise

Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: An Australian man is dead after falling multiple stories to his death from a Patong high-rise last night, an apparent accident that was witnessed by the man’s sister-in-law, police reported.

Police Major Patapi Srichai of Kathu Police was alerted to the incident at 11.37pm last night (April 30), and reported to the scene, a high-rise residential property on Patong’s Rat-Uthit 200 Pi Rd.
Police photographed the scene, near a swimming pool on the property’s third floor, noting the lifeless body of a foreign man who had sustained multiple broken limbs, and was wearing black T-shirt, shorts and in a face-down position in a pool of blood.
The deceased was named as Mr Jamie William Brown, a 30-year-old* Australian national who stayed in a room on one of the property’s upper floors.
Police questioned a *woman with a western name*, who was named as an in-law of the deceased, who police said lived in the same room together, but did not elaborate further.
“The woman reported that she had and Mr Brown were in the room together at about 11.20pm last night when she said Mr Brown went out onto the balcony to photograph fireworks taking place outside.
tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-05-01

Human stupidity is boundless......

As you have just demonstrated by making that post.

What post are you referring to?........ok dad or boundless......

I haven't cited foul play as you want TV members to think good thoughts....If not foul play,hanging over a balcony(drunk)=stupiditythumbsup.gif

“She said that he was leaning over the railing dangerously, and she warned him to be careful before going into the bathroom to take care of personal business. -

"Leaning over the railing dangerously"....hmmm just to shoot some photos? RIP, hope they'll find out what really happened.

But calling this man stupid shows a very low life attitude. And relatives and friends who read this forum already have a big problem, no need to write such nonsense.

its not the low balcony in my condo block it is the windows in my bedroom, when open, the bottom is very low, i am very wary of this, would be quite easy to fall out, and also i live on the thirteenth floor, (well it is marked 12a) in this land of superstition.

its not the low balcony in my condo block it is the windows in my bedroom, when open, the bottom is very low, i am very wary of this, would be quite easy to fall out, and also i live on the thirteenth floor, (well it is marked 12a) in this land of superstition.

Much like that land of superstition called the US of A ?

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/isnt-there-13th-floor-hotels-107585.html

Note they even have a fancy word (Triskaidekaphobia) for those who wish to avoid a room/floor with the evil number ! smile.png

As you have just demonstrated by replying.

Thanxs Rob............two wrongs don't make a right....right?.......whistling.gif ......

I was only quoting Albert Einstein

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein

Show sum respect u tawat or I'll remove u ????

Think before you post !

There is no need for the usual crass comments or conspiracy theories.

Ok dad.....wub.png

Oh surprise, more abuse on TV. Though it really doesn't work as well when the abuser can't spell.

If we are going to abuse each other can't we demonstrate how much better we are at it than Thai people and the low IQ illiterates of our own countries? :)

But I was thinking. Perhaps it was a LadyBoy? A really big one? Who stole the key to get in, (when he was on the beach?) and was surreptitiously emptying his wallet. And when he discovered it he chased "her" onto the balcony. Then, in a moment of jerky camera action she managed to get under his grasping arms and pushed him from behind.

She was however caught on CCTV (in the condo) and the Thai police immediately caught her and, after a photo shoot involving a modicum of pointing, punished her to the full extent of Thai law.

Note:

To those who get cranky reading the last part be assured that there is no disrespect for those affected. Many however will know that it is an Ozzy "custom" to make light of death and tragedy.

Note 2:

I'm not sure where the bus with the brake failure fits in...

So some of these are actually accidents

As long as no thai was involved. If it had been a thai girl who had gone to the toilet for 10 minutes to take care of personal business while a drunk guy was dangerously leaning over the balcony railing, it would be different.

Was supposedly taking pictures ..why on earth should he...lean over the railing dangerously?..why he didn't pay attention to the warning of his"in kaw with western name"? Wow 10 mjnutes and he still clinging to the railing..she rushed to help him back up from which position...did he shout for help? Sharing a room with his in law no wife? She has F pushed him as everyone knows the only surprise we will face is SHE is THAI.was he using a camera or a smart fone? Luv to see her picture.Funny the poor guy was going at the same moment she emerged from her shithole..reminded me of the hotel owner's wife who arrived to his room after 3 days absence only to find he was dead 10 minutes earlier or so....Who is Next guys?

Now all of you must move to garden and St level rooms...i wonder what the modus operandi will be then?

As you have just demonstrated by replying.

Thanxs Rob............two wrongs don't make a right....right?.......whistling.gif ......

I was only quoting Albert Einstein

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein

I always have a quotation for everything, it saves original thinking (and its too hot for that.) Dorothy L Sayers.

And you, for thinking you could stop the comments. Isn't it apparent that the ability to make comments at will is a primary impetus for the popularity of social media.

Alone with a Thai female in-law at 11:20pm in an apartment?

Sounds like <deleted> to me.

He was with Rosemarie Ann Watson, Mr Browns sister-in-law .... where is the Thai female ??

Thanks LivinginKata, because I have to admit I was a bit nonplussed by the quote "Police questioned a woman with a Western name, who was named as an in-law of the deceased, who police said lived in the same room together, but did not elaborate further."

It was a v odd quote.

Can someone tell us how can we get the figures for those who supposedly fell from buildings in Thailand? would be good if by province or location last 5 years stats?.cheers

A more telling statistic might be how many Aussies die from accidental balcony falls in Australia?

Ive been alive over 50 years now and although im sure it probably has happened more than a few times, i certainly cant recall any that i have read/heard of.

No, sorry, but the "facts" as reported in this story stink to high heaven.

I would go as far as to say it is one big sh!te sandwich....And by that i mean the whole story is about as easy to swallow as a piece of soi dog turd nestled inbetween two very mouldly slices of bread.

<snip>

No, sorry, but the "facts" as reported in this story stink to high heaven.

I would go as far as to say it is one big sh!te sandwich....And by that i mean the whole story is about as easy to swallow as a piece of soi dog turd nestled inbetween two very mouldly slices of bread.

Lovely sentiment .... not

Fact is that many nationalities holiday or live here on a roller coaster of heavy drinking and high romantic/emotional expectations. A very very bad mixture ...

Archived