Police not behind video attack leak - incident a "nightmare" for the country, says PM office

Street fighting is the worst kind of fighting you can get into, there are no rules in street fighting, anything goes, there is no concept of fighting fair and things can get ugly, which is why you should stay out of them.

Against a 65 yr old women,now that does take some kind of MAN.

If you are the aggressor, like the tourist family and you lose, then you have to suck it up and learn to control your aggression in future.

This family has a problem with self-control and no doubt, this is not their first aggressive confrontation, maybe they need to see a therapist.

you watch some video from a parallel reality?

because i see on video Thai gut pushed tourist and then this is tourist hit head on ground..

mather ofcouse be angry and start talking with Thai guy .. what thai guy told the woman we not lissen but probaly some dirty word and after get slap..

father even not be near when get punch.

and slap from old lady it is not even a mosquito bite for MAN..and certainly does not excuse for guys make face old lady to meat.

Al beef starting from drunk Thai guys..

any agression in bodymoving tourist i didnt see..

If you can see , may it you "need to see a therapist."whistling.gif ?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Street fighting is the worst kind of fighting you can get into, there are no rules in street fighting, anything goes, there is no concept of fighting fair and things can get ugly, which is why you should stay out of them.

Against a 65 yr old women,now that does take some kind of MAN.

If you are the aggressor, like the tourist family and you lose, then you have to suck it up and learn to control your aggression in future.

This family has a problem with self-control and no doubt, this is not their first aggressive confrontation, maybe they need to see a therapist.

you watch some video from a parallel reality?

because i see on video Thai gut pushed tourist and then this is tourist hit head on ground..

mather ofcouse be angry and start talking with Thai guy .. what thai guy told the woman we not lissen but probaly some dirty word and after get slap..

father even not be near when get punch.

and slap from old lady it is not even a mosquito bite for MAN..and certainly does not excuse for guys make face old lady to meat.

Al beef starting from drunk Thai guys..

any agression in bodymoving tourist i didnt see..

If you can see , may it you "need to see a therapist."whistling.gif ?

I see first Jr caress first Thai man's chest in passing, Thai man 1 wearing a white with slightly darker design button down shirt.

Thai man turns and takes several steps to follow Jr, touches Jr on the shoulder as in " Hey..", it was not even a push, and Jr looks back, while taking two more steps, and then stumbles over his mother's feet hitting his forehead on a table.

I see mama ignore Jr lying on the ground motionless to go over, admonish, push and slap a Thai man 1 - who does NOT retaliate in any way and in fact tries to walk around her, which she blocks. A small Thai man in a green shirt is trying to calm things down.

I see Jr get up and go around to the cluster that had formed, to hold a second Thai man in black shirt with red design on front, while Sr draws back and punches 2nd Thai man hard, knocking him down, which cause a mild scuffle between all parties that is not clear from the video what is happening.

A foreigner in a white shirt intervenes with mama, trying to calm her, she ignores him, he walks away throwing his hands up in " I give up" gestture.

Meanwhile.. in these same 10 seconds..

I see Sr retreating hastily while second Thai man gets up, comes around at him and punches him down- and kicks him. Can't say I blame him after being held so as to be punched.

I see mama then walking toward, and confronting to second Thai man who gestures with his arm " stay away" she continues toward him and gets a punch to the face. He does not kick her.

I see Jr approach second Thai man who again gestures "stay away" Jr continues and brings his fist up, and gets an impressive elbow to the face, and down and out he goes.

I see another Thai man, the fourth very slim come out of the left side and kick Jr, and then mama.

This fourth man's actions were deplorable and I do not defend him.

Meanwhile a 3rd Thai man a in red shirt- comes out of nowhere and is fighting a foreign man in a red and white striped shirt. A Thai woman tries to stop the fight, foreign man picks her up and throws her down, (likely mistaking her for one of the Thai men?) and retreats.

When I first heard that an old lady was kicked in the head while unconscious, my first question was, "well, who started the trouble?" Was it the 'farangs' or was it the 'Thais'? This was very important to me as these things are always about us vs them. We must always factor in race and nationality.

I'm on the Thai side here. It's their country and they can do whatever they like. If tourists don't like that, stuff them. I'll worry about the problem of tourist revenue 'when' it becomes a problem. Also, farangs should have to pay for a course in Thai culture. Smile, never complain and shut your stupid mouths. Everything you say is stupid so shut up and leave a tip.

I always take the Thai side because I live through this idea of their culture vicariously. I wish my country was the same. I wish we could treat foreigners however we wish and we were always right. I don't say this in public because it's deemed as ignorant and racist. I say it on public forums where nobody knows me.

Sometimes, I feel deep down, that the locals don't respect me. I try everything to get them on my side. I slag off my own kind all the time but it seems to make them think I'm an idiot. I dream of being a rich farang and then making people respect me. I wish I was the only farang here in Thailand. Then they'd have to like me.

I'm sad deep down.

And so this incident is about us and them to you?

To me, always..... it is about truth and lies. The Owen family were wrong and they were wrong first.

Again I do not condone the fourth Thai man's actions of kicking. If I were the DA, I'd charge only him, and I'd tell the Owen family low class trash are not welcome in Thailand.

Rosemary please go back to Wales ASAP - you're a really bad example of loutish behaviour and remind me of one of those horrid football fans we have that follow the England football team in Europe and give us a bad name. The bottom line is you don't go to foreign countries and start slapping people around the face telling them how it is. Please just leave.

Why are you bringing the English into this ...the lady in question is Welsh isnt she?

And why are you nit picking? "Go back to WALES" and "REMIND ME of those horrid football fans....."

Your comments sound like a person who can't take a bit of criticism about some of your loutish countrymen! I agree with the comment about some of the the football "fans" - they are not fans, they are hooligans using football as an excuse for their bad behaviour. And by the use of "we have" and "us a bad name" implies that the poster is also English, and merely using the Welsh lady's behaviour as a comparison with the less well behaved of her countrymen.

Your paranoia "reminds me" of those Americans that jump on their high horse as soon as somebody has the audacity to criticise something about the good old "US of A" .

Oh, and in case you hadn't guessed - I am ENGLISH! Have a nice/good day!

When I first heard that an old lady was kicked in the head while unconscious, my first question was, "well, who started the trouble?" Was it the 'farangs' or was it the 'Thais'? This was very important to me as these things are always about us vs them. We must always factor in race and nationality.

I'm on the Thai side here. It's their country and they can do whatever they like. If tourists don't like that, stuff them. I'll worry about the problem of tourist revenue 'when' it becomes a problem. Also, farangs should have to pay for a course in Thai culture. Smile, never complain andIf tourists don't like that, stuff them. Everything you say is stupid so shut up and leave a tip.

I always take the Thai side because I live through this idea of their culture vicariously. I wish my country was the same. I wish we could treat foreigners however we wish and we were always right. I don't say this in public because it's deemed as ignorant and racist. I say it on public forums where nobody knows me.

Sometimes, I feel deep down, that the locals don't respect me. I try everything to get them on my side. I slag off my own kind all the time but it seems to make them think I'm an idiot. I dream of being a rich farang and then making people respect me. I wish I was the only farang here in Thailand. Then they'd have to like me.

I'm sad deep down.

I don't think I've read such a road of clap for a long time! Your first question should not have been

" Who started it?" but "Who would do such a thing?" From start to finish your post is inflammatory to say the least, and I am surprised that it got past the Moderators.

"It's their country and they can do whatever they like."

"If tourists don't like that, stuff them."

Etc etc etc .UNLESS, of course, you have a degree in sarcasm, in which case, I apologise, but if not sarcasm to a very high degree of excellence, your final sentence says it all:-

"I'm sad deep down."

The news cycle is now officially over. No follow-up interviews in their home countries. This issue is now tossed into the bin of iniquity and cemented shut. No one will hear the outcome of any trial, because it's just not the way of things here in the Land of Smiles. All over, until the next woman is assaulted, raped, or killed on a CCTV link which get's 'leaked'.

Business as usual. wai.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I was also attacked in a similar manner during Songkran in Udon Thani. Reported the case to the police and went to evaluation at the hospital. In my case it wasn't provoked, as I didn't slap the guy. The guy came from behind and punched me to the back of my head. After regaining consciousness I stood up and called for the police. That guy came running after me for the second time, however I didn't fight back throughout the whole incident, just covered my head with my hands.

Is there a way to publicize the story of my attack? I would be interested for it to become known as well, since if news papers will publish stories about such attacks and eventual sentences, it may deter Thai men/youth from attacking foreigners in the future.

I was also attacked in a similar manner during Songkran in Udon Thani. Reported the case to the police and went to evaluation at the hospital. In my case it wasn't provoked, as I didn't slap the guy. The guy came from behind and punched me to the back of my head. After regaining consciousness I stood up and called for the police. That guy came running after me for the second time, however I didn't fight back throughout the whole incident, just covered my head with my hands.

Is there a way to publicize the story of my attack? I would be interested for it to become known as well, since if news papers will publish stories about such attacks and eventual sentences, it may deter Thai men/youth from attacking foreigners in the future.

Stop posting your 5 week old Udon experience in multiple threads for a start. Stick to your OP in the Isaan forum.

Thanks.

Stop posting your 5 week old Udon experience in multiple threads for a start. Stick to your OP in the Isaan forum.

Thanks.

so a guy got assaulted, and you told him to shut up?blink.png

Why you dont put your advice, where the sun dont shine for a start.

He does what he want, and if you dont like it, just put him on your ignore list.coffee1.gif

Thanks.

so a guy got assaulted, and you told him to shut up?blink.png

Why you dont put your advice, where the sun dont shine for a start.

He does what he want, and if you dont like it, just put him on your ignore list.coffee1.gif

The guy posted for advice on publicizing his alleged 5 week old incident ON AT LEAST 3 DIFFERENT THREADS. He asked for advice. I gave it to him.

My advice to you is practice what you preach.

Archived