Handicapped man who 'answered back' beaten to death by knife wielding Thai mob

webfact

ALEX:
Oh and what's so stinking about it?

TRAMP:
It's a stinking world because there's no law and order any more. It's a stinking world because it lets the young get onto the old like you done. It's no world for an old man any more. What sort of a world is it at all? Men on the moon and men spinning around the earth and there's not no attention paid to earthly law and order no more.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll apologize

You're right! many wai's, 4 days in a temple, wash the colonels car, 5000 baht fine (collective). That's if it even comes to court, if the guy has no family and one of the thugs has a family with money it'll disappear into the mists!

I've been here long enough to see it happen again and again! thumbsup.gifsad.pngbah.gifbah.gif

ALEX:

TRAMP:

It's a stinking world because there's no law and order any more. It's a stinking world because it lets the young get onto the old like you done. It's no world for an old man any more. What sort of a world is it at all? Men on the moon and men spinning around the earth and there's not no attention paid to earthly law and order no more.

Anthony Burgess, there was a man who saw the future.

Completely off topic rant: why the heck is it soooo trendy here on TV to use the word "apologist". This word is hardly used anywhere else in the media! Mix it up a little please!!

That word is appropriate when used in context, and in this particular usage was correct.

a·pol·o·gist
əˈpäləjəst/
noun
  1. a person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial.
    "an enthusiastic apologist for fascism in the 1920s"
    synonyms: defender, supporter, upholder, advocate, proponent, exponent,propagandist, champion, campaigner;
    informalcheerleader
    "one of Eisenhower's better-known apologists"

Let me if I got this right, When the Police arrived they were still wheeling knifes an attacking the man ? If so why in the hell didn't they shoot all of them, case closed !!

I have lived here for 12 years and enjoy living here with my Kingdom of Thailand Wife and Step-Son. But, this violence thing need to be dealt with and not just court, slap on the wrist. The World, including Thailand does not need this and these types are always repeat offenders !!

Time for a crackdown on serious crime.

Start off with :

arresting government critics

arrested people discussing new charter

arrest LM culprits

clear the beaches of deckchairs

investigate who posted the Hua Hin video

etc etc etc.

Oh and maybe have a word with the parents of these naughty naughty boys.

"....initially failed to break up the vicious attack and needed to fire into the air before restoring order and detaining the gang."

Agree this was one time when deadly force by cops is called for. For all we know, maybe cops were aiming (or thought they were) at these vermin. Shoot one and the others will pay attention with a quickness.

While an extreme example, this kind of thing seems fairly common place here. These cowards are the lowest form of life imaginable. That is not to say this is uncommon elsewhere, before everyone starts having a go, but It's the level of brutality that I find hard to understand. They intended to kill him, there seems little argument about that.

How's that rhyme go?

Sticks and stones will break my bones

but words will get me brutally murdered in LoS

I hope none are connected and they all rot in prison for a many decades.

Completely off topic rant: why the heck is it soooo trendy here on TV to use the word "apologist". This word is hardly used anywhere else in the media! Mix it up a little please!!

That word is appropriate when used in context, and in this particular usage was correct.

a·pol·o·gist
əˈpäləjəst/
noun
  1. a person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial.
    "an enthusiastic apologist for fascism in the 1920s"
    synonyms: defender, supporter, upholder, advocate, proponent, exponent,propagandist, champion, campaigner;
    informalcheerleader
    "one of Eisenhower's better-known apologists"

This poster was no doubt referring to the use of ‘apologist’ in other recent threads about the British family that were violently beaten in Hua Hin. In those threads many posters, myself included, pointed out that the Brits instigated and escalated the violence. However they did not condone the violence, either that of the Brits or that of the Thais, as both were at fault. They were therefore NOT defending the actions of the Thais and the use of the term ‘apologist’ in those threads was many times used incorrectly.

Back on topic, this latest assault is one of the sickest I’ve seen and I hope that the gang are locked away for a long time.

"Charges of assault causing death and carrying concealed weapons in a public place have been laid".

I don't understand. Is Murder a PC protected word now-a-days?

I seem to be reading more and more about knuckle head punk Thai youths gangs or groups ganging up and killing people for little or no reason. I think the best response would be for the government to start having public executions of idiots that do such things. Maybe they will start to get the message that it is unwise to go around murdering people.

Thai kids today have got zero respect compared to their previous generations.... The trouble today is that there are so many bad behavioral examples on social media such as facebook... There are no deterrents for breaking the law/rules, especially if you come from a well off family. Just pay your way out of jail with zero repercussions, well perhaps a day at the temple playing at being a monk and pretending to be remorseful...coffee1.gif Bring back the birch...whistling.gif

I'm not sure if violence is getting worse (many think it is) or are these things being reported more? Maybe someone who's been here a long time can help out???

Horrible. I do hope they rot in jail. Sadly, that probably won't happen.

Getting worse , far worse than 1980 when I first arrived ,but alas we have moved on , sometimes not for the better, back then Thai's never worshiped the rich either.

IMHO some blame goes to the total lack of quality and sincere leadership in the last 15 / 20 whatever years in terms of promoting good values and morals, respect for human rights and respect for those less fortunate etc.

The focus has been totally on materialism and nothing more.

Here's the result.

However somewhere, unfortunately, in this picture is local cultural stuff about beggars, cripples, the poor etc., being disabled, suffering etc., as punishment for sins in another life.

A long way to go...

I'm not sure if violence is getting worse (many think it is) or are these things being reported more? Maybe someone who's been here a long time can help out???

Horrible. I do hope they rot in jail. Sadly, that probably won't happen.

New hype on the streets

It's not getting worse it's getting better and more entertaining or so it seems. If not beating up

elderly Ferangs or little Laotian girls they turn on cripples or any other weak or singled out prey to lash out with violence that can and usually ends in death with continued ferociosity in numbers given that these cowards couldn't fight sleep in a real fight.

How many people must die before someone or an authority has enough of this insanity. It always gets blamed on the demon drink however this is complete and utter BS.

No use anyone rabbeting on about it happening elsewhere because at least other countries have good deterrents like execution not fines or easily released on bail for serious offenders to commit other offences.

Thailand - land of Savages

ALEX:

TRAMP:

Anthony Burgess, there was a man who saw the future.

I wouldn't stop at Burgess: throw in some Orwell, Huxley , Golding and Bradbury and it has a ring of truth.Elements of A Clockwork Orange, 1984, Brave New World, Lord of The Flies, Fahrenheit 451 in a Buddhist paradise.

This lot should get 25 years but that isn't going to deal with the real issue. I'd like to hear more from the purveyor of BS from What's on Sukhumvit and his spin on this one.

Country of barbarism....and don't tell me this is an isolate fact !

The isolated fact is that was somehow reported to the media

This is the result of violence at the upper levels of the society, people seizing power at gunpoint,.....

Another group of fine upstanding Thai men....wait for it....here come the apologists with....."he has no business being crippled in public"

Right on Lat Phrao Road...that is only a few Sois away from the Police Station too.

Gee, we are so lucky to have among us seers who can foretell the future, which contains apologists for these men.

Archived