Handicapped man who 'answered back' beaten to death by knife wielding Thai mob

webfact

Personally I can't understand why the police fired into the air. I recommend straight and

level when dealing with thugs like this. There will be no justice now. Just hollow meaningless

excuses and apologies. bah.gif

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely off topic rant: why the heck is it soooo trendy here on TV to use the word "apologist". This word is hardly used anywhere else in the media! Mix it up a little please!!

It`s only `apologists` who don`t like the word.

Whilst users of it are so passe, dated and limited in their vocabulary.

Thai thugs from 15 to 22 are involved in more incidents like these lately, I wonder if they played too many violent video games when they were kids so their brain is totally messed up? Add alcohol and drugs and all hell breaks loose.

Completely off topic rant: why the heck is it soooo trendy here on TV to use the word "apologist". This word is hardly used anywhere else in the media! Mix it up a little please!!

Limited vocabulary and intellect, it's still fashionable to use despite being massively passe, says much about the poster using the word.

Popular because it describes to a tee the person it's aimed at and unfortunately we have lots of them on here, don't we.

Also bear in mind that this is a forum, not an examination for a degree in English grammar.

The police fired shots in the air.

Why didn't they shoot the little scumbags.

Maybe the poor man would have lived.

There's be ten indignant pages here about dodgy cops and murder for hire if they had shot these guys! Shoot to kill is not the answer in any country with a Rule of Law, no matter how poorly it is enforced. Shooting into a mob of thugs could have severely escalated this situation but the cops will get slammed here anyway.

A disgusting event but the more these things are outed on social media the better the chances of the authorities being shamed into doing something.

It doesn't bring this poor guy's life back but it could prevent other deaths in time.

Savages. I am beginning to think that going to jail doesn`t bother these thugs. The police should have opened fire and shot to kill those scum.

An if one of these lads was "connected" what would the outcome be?? I am sure this was running through their minds as their finger was on the trigger.

Well Folks ...There you go....Proof certain you do not need to be a tourist to be on the receiving end of senseless and brutal violence perpetrated by young, drunken Thai men.

I can only surmise they believe a Thai Wai, including an apology, will suffice and they can be released and on their way...Sabai, Sabai

A sad state of affairs if ever there was.

Cheers

I see this sort of violence becoming a trend among the young of today,My wife told me that they believe that if they kill a ferang,they come back as one.

Indigenous indians,i tells ya,we're all doomed.

And if they kill a crippled bread seller...they come back with one leg and pastry tray ?

"Charges of assault causing death and carrying concealed weapons in a public place have been laid".

I don't understand. Is Murder a PC protected word now-a-days?

Seems so: the test usually applied: did a person objectively understand that their actions could lead to the death of someone and, in that knowledge, continue regardless ( the central argument in the Pistorius case, "dolus eventualis "). If so, a case can be made out for murder.

I would have thought attacking someone of limited mobility with samurai swords and bricks would satisfy that test,at least as a starting point. But here, as in many other cases, it's the aggressors who seem to get the benefit of any assessment of intent. Piss weak.

All of that is true...but actually going through all of the motions and effort entailed to jail them and prosecute them etc. etc..... is just too much extra work for the police who are more focused on their revenue generating activities...if you know what I mean.

In the minds of the police: We came, We saw, We arrested.......Enough done ....Time to go home now.

Cheers

The sad thing is this poor bread seller who was handicapped was attempting to earn a living and be useful. He wasn't sponging of his family and was paying his way. These low life scum have probably never worked in there life and have not idea of morals and respect for elders. Why would you stop and tease a handicapped person. Where I come from we respect there efforts,have empathy for,them and do what we can to support them. I remember driving down a road in Lamphun and coming down the road was a lovely girl with a very very badly deformed leg but there she was with a massive smile on her face and going about her business! On seeing her I had tears in my eyes as what a lesson we should learn from this young lady. I turned my car around and caught up with her ,called her to stop and gave her 1000 baht as she derserved every penny. Inspirational and I know it's not easy being handicapped in Thailand...what did these low life scum do... Stop ,tease and make fun and hack him to death ! I didn't do anything special as every Falang has a story about supporting disadvantaged but seems the Thai Buddhist teachings doesn't allow for compassion and empathy for disadvantaged !!

Limited vocabulary and intellect, it's still fashionable to use despite being massively passe, says much about the poster using the word.

Popular because it describes to a tee the person it's aimed at and unfortunately we have lots of them on here, don't we.

Also bear in mind that this is a forum, not an examination for a degree in English grammar.

But a degree for the Well educated Expats who Posting there useless comments ?

Okay, someone please tell me why the police shot into the air?

Seems it would have been more proactive to shoot into the people killing the man.

Do the police carry their pistols for decoration?

May as well give them water and/or cap pistols and save money on training.

I'm not sure if violence is getting worse (many think it is) or are these things being reported more? Maybe someone who's been here a long time can help out???

7+ Million people in Bangkok, all in sometimes 40 degree heat

Im surprised this kind of thing doesnt happen way more often, way way more often

But a degree for the Well educated Expats who Posting there useless comments ?

Irony lol

Archived