Handicapped man who 'answered back' beaten to death by knife wielding Thai mob

webfact

Completely off topic rant: why the heck is it soooo trendy here on TV to use the word "apologist". This word is hardly used anywhere else in the media! Mix it up a little please!!

It`s only `apologists` who don`t like the word.

Whilst users of it are so passe, dated and limited in their vocabulary.

Thats about 6 times in your last 9 posts that you`ve used the word `passe`,talk about limited vocabulary.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there some guy who posted a topic today on why you shouldn't fear violence in Thailand? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/914183-why-you-shouldnt-fear-violence-in-thailand/

Hope he and all the other apologists for the attack on the British family read this.

Shhh,you can`t use the `apologist` word on here or someone with a much better vocabulary will be along to tell you how passe it is.

Unbelievable sad.png I can only hope that these guys will never seen the outside of a prison wall in the next 15 years. What a waste of life. What is goes on in someones brain to attack a single handicapped man in a group with Ninja swords.

..repeal the Capitol punishment law as suggested.

Shots fired into the air? Is that the same as "missed the target"?

..probably killed someone in an outlying suburb...cowboys!...much safer to let one go into the ground..makes the same noise and grabs attention.

Okay, someone please tell me why the police shot into the air?

Seems it would have been more proactive to shoot into the people killing the man.

Do the police carry their pistols for decoration?

May as well give them water and/or cap pistols and save money on training.

Firing into a group of moving targets would not be wise. Especially as the victim was within the group.

Tazers would have been more useful in these circumstances.

I'm not sure if violence is getting worse (many think it is) or are these things being reported more? Maybe someone who's been here a long time can help out???

Horrible. I do hope they rot in jail. Sadly, that probably won't happen.

Lawlessness breeds Lawlessness...

For any future reference, if any of you are curious why I'm not interested in learning Thai - this would be one of the reasons. If I don't understand when somebody insults me - and I likewise can't respond in the same language - then it's a sure way to stay out of trouble in this country.

But yesterday was a strange day indeed. I also bumped into some weirdo acting strange on my soi, which is actually a very rare occurrence. I heard some other people had problems with provocateurs in other parts of Bangkok as well... maybe there's a connection to all of this.

It's just another obvious sign that this country has lost its youth...

Update on this story:

My wife just told me (from the Thai news) that 4 of the 6 in the gang are the sons of policemen. Says it all, doesn't it? Untouchable? Hope my wife doesn't get a knock on the door for teling me.

I have a hunch (and yes it could be way wrong) that there is a lot more to this than the "story" so far and your post might well be a clue.

Explains the shots in the air?

Mmmm oh dear...here we go...In watching the video the end showed a guy covered in blood on his arm getting on the back of a bike and being hustled away..The cop in the picture made no arrempt to stop them...seems like yes there's more to this! If proven we all know what's going to happen with the possible policemans sons!

Seems it would have been more proactive to shoot into the people killing the man.

Firing into a group of moving targets would not be wise. Especially as the victim was within the group.

Prone victim, upright attackers. Tasers? Supposedly more refined democratic jurasdictions shoot suspect individuals who fail to become stationary!

I'm not sure if violence is getting worse (many think it is) or are these things being reported more? Maybe someone who's been here a long time can help out???

More drugs, more bars, more people, more violence.

Don't kid yourself, Thailand and many other counties are becoming more and more dangerous.

Update on this story:

My wife just told me (from the Thai news) that 4 of the 6 in the gang are the sons of policemen. Says it all, doesn't it? Untouchable? Hope my wife doesn't get a knock on the door for teling me.

So two of them take the fall for the rest. The others get away with murder. TIT

More drugs, more bars, more people, more violence.

Don't kid yourself, Thailand and many other counties are becoming more and more dangerous.

But by all means don't spank children or they'll lose their self esteem.

Ah, so this is an example of the much talked about, "THAINESS."?

No, it is very much the opposite. That's what they are talking about. 'Thainess' did once exist. For those with short memories Thailand was world renowned for it. But sadly it has been steadily eroded over the past decade. Yes, things have changed here in the past 10 years. It's not just the Red and Yellow thing either. Rampant Western Consumerism. Free Money. Corruption. Rising cost of living. The widening gap between the haves and have nots. You may wish to add to the list.

It is not the Thainess I miss so much, you can still find that in the right places. It is the 'Sanook' I miss. It is not the land of 'Sanook' anymore.

They have become like us.

Very sad. And as much as the General wants to put the cat back in the bag, it aint going. Not now. Not ever.

They will admit the crime, get half the sentence. then apologize and say sorry with a wai, then it will be forgiven. most likely they will also join some temple for a while to it all is forgotten.......

but the big crime here will be investigated.

Who leaked the video and posted it online...... will be hunted down and get up to 10 years in prison!

after all TIT

wai2.gif

Please don't post nonsense like this when someone has been killed. The men will go to jail for a long time. You obviously know nothing about Thai law.

They're was a crowd with ninja swords and only two cops.... I would rather have a 9mm than a tazer...

Another group of fine upstanding Thai men....wait for it....here come the apologists with....."he has no business being crippled in public"

Right on Lat Phrao Road...that is only a few Sois away from the Police Station too.

actually it's worse than that, he must have done something bad in a previous life - that's why he was a cripple middle class educated professional thais have said such things to me. very sad.

Let me get this straight: The police were actually seeing the man being murdered and the only way they stopped it (too late ... the guy died) it was by firing their pistols into the sky??

Are they terrible cops or terrible marksmen?

Makes you feel all warm inside ,this sort of stuff, doesn't it? Reminds me of a post yesterday " why you don't need to be afraid of violence in Thailand". Absolute rubbish.

Completely off topic rant: why the heck is it soooo trendy here on TV to use the word "apologist". This word is hardly used anywhere else in the media! Mix it up a little please!!

Limited vocabulary and intellect, it's still fashionable to use despite being massively passe, says much about the poster using the word.

why not draw up a list of words that will be acceptable. Do you people work for the Junta as it sounds like words are taking priority of human life.

same principle Australian farmers use, fire into the air and scatter the cockatoos. Problem solved and minimal paperwork, offenders scattered and write it up as a suicide.

Well if it's true about 4 of the 6 scum being sons of policemen maybe that has something to do with the shots into the air!! I'm sure the cops would know at least some of there colleagues sons! Probably turned a blind eye to there actions previously! There's bad eggs everywear but what's the odds of something like this happening anywhere else in the world and 4 of the perps being cops sons!,

Archived