Handicapped man who 'answered back' beaten to death by knife wielding Thai mob

webfact

Completely off topic rant: why the heck is it soooo trendy here on TV to use the word "apologist". This word is hardly used anywhere else in the media! Mix it up a little please!!

Not used as often as 'basically', a nothing word, mostly used as a fill in, by the vocabulary challenged, or 'like', pre pubescent jargon used by adults to appear cool.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely off topic rant: why the heck is it soooo trendy here on TV to use the word "apologist". This word is hardly used anywhere else in the media! Mix it up a little please!!

It`s only `apologists` who don`t like the word.

Whilst users of it are so passe, dated and limited in their vocabulary.

Thats about 6 times in your last 9 posts that you`ve used the word `passe`,talk about limited vocabulary.

Only users of the word would notice but good that you did, now you know how I feel reading the same term a hundreds of time a day.

And at least the word "passe" has a specific meaning that is precise and is being used in context, unlike "apologist" which is used by one and all every time anyone puts forward a counter point that doesn't damn Thailand, it must be the most abused, misused and least understood word on the entire forum over years.

And it's four times in the last twelve, I counted, unlike users of that word where for many it's often eight out of ten, really!

The sad part about all this is that we will most likely see another video or news report of a similar incident, Gang assault on a woman, cripple, elderly person within the next week. They too will have the same excuse, "sorry we were drunk, it was not our fault".

It`s only `apologists` who don`t like the word.

"Apologist". Most often used when a poster is asked to back up their Thai bashing rant with some facts and is unable to do so.

Mmmm oh dear...here we go...In watching the video the end showed a guy covered in blood on his arm getting on the back of a bike and being hustled away..The cop in the picture made no arrempt to stop them...seems like yes there's more to this! If proven we all know what's going to happen with the possible policemans sons!

Yes I wondered why he was

allowed to ride off like that.

Connected - here we go again.,

Yet another sad attack on a helpless victim by a fan of thugs. Good thing that it was shared online for the world to see that these attacks are becoming more violent and more frequent. I just hope that the gov doesn't use these attacks to blame others for showing them and sharing those clips online and ultimately putting a firewall to block Thais from showing the world animals in action. I think after that families attack became known to the world that a firewall is inevitable though. Tarnishing Thailand's image is the worst thing that can be done since they thrive on tourist dollars.

No matter how good you show something or someplace to be, people will always remember the bad first.

"I just hope that the gov doesn't use these attacks to blame others for showing and sharing those clips online"

Unfortunately that seems to be what has happened in the past and is still going on now, case in point, The BIB have publicly said they are thinking of going after the sister of Hannah Witheridge (Kho Tao victim) for her comments on her FB regarding some comments to the family by Thai authority's for computer crimes act and damaging LOS reputation...

The fire wall is necessary to protect the country from blah blah blah...................

It will never end until they start dishing out appropriate punishment to the perpetrators involved, no matter who their father is!

It probably hasn't happened yet, but the actions of the punk gangs will eventually lead tourists and retirees to investigate other suitable locations. Costa Rica and several South American countries seem like acceptable alternatives.

It's going to get worse in Thailand before it gets better!

I recall a few decades ago reading about Teddy Boys who also made gang attacks on the elderly and the infirm. Doesn't appear to be a cultural thing.

Yes that happened, so yes, this sort of gang violence by young males is by no means confined to Thailand.

I think that the difference is that the Teddy Boys were arrested, prosecuted and punished, with no regard to whose sons they were or how much money their parents had.

Of course we don't yet know if that will be the case here...

Is there a smiley for not holding my breath?smile.png

I've been physically attacked by my building foreman (and his tiny crew), as well as a baht bus driver in Pattaya. I was able to get away from the driver OK, but it didn't end well for the Thai foreman and his tiny crew, by luck I may add, I'm no bad ***, I just got the upper hand by accident.

Thais are rough, that's all there is to it. For many of them, behind those kind smiles is hate, jealousy, and rage, just waiting for a trigger to set them off.

Nothing new, it just comes with the territory. You may be at the wrong place at the wrong time, or you may deserve it. But they don't fear prison or any repercussions whatsoever for killing someone.

I hope these punks rot in prison and then hell.

What hope...its known that these people will be taken in, photographed with the false wais and then adviced to apologies publicly and go to the temple and offer flowers and set free....

- Military beating

- Hua Hin attack

- Driving at high speed and killing people

The problem is justice is not justice here....its Karma crap!

These guys along with others will roam the street with knives almost half their body length and no one bothers to comment, or race on the roads at break neck speeds, because police are not at their posts or on patrol after 8.00. There are more police hanging around a traffic light waiting to stop a few in public eye. Than planning to maintain law and order in the country....thats a fACT..... Thailand does not need CCTV...they loose face, Let the journalist do their jobs and this country will see its own mirror.

I've been physically attacked by my building foreman (and his tiny crew), as well as a baht bus driver in Pattaya. I was able to get away from the driver OK, but it didn't end well for the Thai foreman and his tiny crew, by luck I may add, I'm no bad ***, I just got the upper hand by accident.

Thais are rough, that's all there is to it. For many of them, behind those kind smiles is hate, jealousy, and rage, just waiting for a trigger to set them off.

Nothing new, it just comes with the territory. You may be at the wrong place at the wrong time, or you may deserve it. But they don't fear prison or any repercussions whatsoever for killing someone.

Maybe the answer lay's within the culture itself?

What are the 2 big things in LOS? Face and money, so apply a deterrent employing those two traits such as extended public humiliation showing the person and the crimes, as well as massive fines to be paid to the victims not the state, and if there isn't enough money to pay the fines then labor at 300 baht per day until the fine amount is paid in full. And the biggest one of all let everyone have recourse to the law and power and position are of no consequence.........

Update on this story:

My wife just told me (from the Thai news) that 4 of the 6 in the gang are the sons of policemen. Says it all, doesn't it? Untouchable? Hope my wife doesn't get a knock on the door for teling me.

Front page of the Bangkok Post. No links here, please. They don't allow that. Thanks for the update.

The sad part about all this is that we will most likely see another video or news report of a similar incident, Gang assault on a woman, cripple, elderly person within the next week. They too will have the same excuse, "sorry we were drunk, it was not our fault".

It is interesting to note that the incident was caught on CCTV.

Was that the CCTV of a privately owned property or was it the CCTV of a business establishment or was it the CCTV owned by the City of Bangkok or one of the Bangkok district administrations......??

I can only surmise that in the minds of the Thais who perpetrated the deadly assault and anyone having to defend them ( maybe the police ) the person(s) who installed that CCTV and or the owners of the CCTV and in particular the Person or person submitting the Video as proof. will be admonished and dragged into the affair and deemed to be a trouble making snitch for submitting the video as evidence.

They would argue that their dirty deed should have been a private affair while it is the person who submitted the video and publically exposed them doing their nefarious deeds who is in the wrong and should be reprimanded as all their other gang related crimes were never video taped and publicized while they got away with all sorts of gang related criminal conduct in the past.

I can assure you "they" and their defenders will be pissed off at that video and more pissed at the person or persons that submitted the video and probably try to sue them in a frivolous counter law suit while the police and or the gang members themselves will probably come around and visit the person or persons that submitted the video and make them understand they have caused a lot of grief and extra work load and intimidate them to a degree.......maybe even a good beating ...who knows with their mentality.

Just saying

Cheers

I've read read 3 pages of comment; nobody has mentioned the significance of the fact that 4 of the accused are the sons of police officers! What chance now of justice for the victim?

the victims already dead ,so basically ,this case is closed

I've read read 3 pages of comment; nobody has mentioned the significance of the fact that 4 of the accused are the sons of police officers! What chance now of justice for the victim?

Post #135, 171?

I think the outcome will be all too depressingly familiar. The person that uploaded the video will go to jail.

An apology and a wai and all will be well. And let's not forget the favorite excuse... we were drunk. Sadly, Thailand sinks lower and lower every day.

Yes agree,what is it here with the drunk bit,seems that the attitude is "oh they are not bad men,they were drunk',no excuse at all.

BP reports that the girlfriend of one of these scumbags was encouraging them to kill the victim. She should be charged as a direct participant as if it's true she's equally guilty. Maybe she's the daughter of a police officer as well.

Call me old fashion but my idea of knife may be a hunting knife not "SWORDS". But the big question is police arrived and the attack still in progress and they shoot bullets in the air but not trying to subdue the attackers by at least shooting them in the legs . What does it take for the police to protect tourist and their own people.

How about sending a message to criminals, violence with be dealt with violence in return, so next time shoot the attackers not the air.

This is first degree murder.

BP reports that the girlfriend of one of these scumbags was encouraging them to kill the victim. She should be charged as a direct participant as if it's true she's equally guilty. Maybe she's the daughter of a police officer as well.

Ahh...what a delicate little flower. She must be a treat around the house.

BKK Post is reporting that four of them are the sons of police officers. Hmm, wonder how this one is gonna' end........

Thailand is experiencing a moral crisis at the moment. It is not a crisis of outsiders destroying their culture, not Western influence, not drugs.........It is a crisis of a society where people are capable of behaving with near impunity on virtually all levels of society. A culture where so few take personal responsibility, few ever dare to apologize for a mistake (unless paraded in front of cameras), and where men are not taught how to behave like men. Simply put, Thailand needs to make a very serious (and quick) decision regarding the future of the nation. Will people be able to continually behave like animals with no consequences? Or will Thailand begin enforcing the notion of personal responsibility and forcing those to commit wrong doings to pay a heavy price? I am not so confident in the countries future.......

Archived